Chapter 72

The sky has not yet completely darkened, and there are only a lot more pedestrians on the road than usual, but it is not crowded yet.

All the hawkers on West Street have changed their faces.

The vegetable sellers are gone, replaced by small mobile carts, each vendor has a sign, selling exquisite gadgets and food, attracting many passers-by to stop.

Along the way, there are a lot of things for sale, including windmills, sugar figurines, jewelry, sugar paintings, lanterns, etc. It is simply dizzying, and they are all small things that have not been seen in the past.

Compared with Changliu Town, Daxi Town will only be more lively on such days. It's a pity that after Liu Yimian was ten years old, she never had the chance to go out on the street again. Every now and then, he would be left as a caretaker. If he sneaked out and was discovered, he would be beaten severely and starved for another day.

The last time I went back, when I was ten years old, taking advantage of the Lantern Festival when there were guests at home, I took my younger sister Liu Piaoxu, who was not yet nine years old, and sneaked out to the street.

The colorful lanterns hung all over the whole street, like a colorful dream, as bright as day.

Seeing you in person now seems like a lifetime away.

"Lanterns! Mid-Autumn Festival lanterns! Only you can't think of them, there are no lanterns you can't find!"

The most intense business these days is lanterns.

Even a row of lanterns of various colors hung on the treetops could not stop the hawkers from launching lanterns of different shapes and exquisiteness.

Liu Yimian walked by, her eyes couldn't help lingering, sometimes amazed, sometimes fascinated.

When he came to the sixth street vendor selling lanterns, Ji Wei pulled Liu Yimian to stop, pointed at one of the lanterns, and asked to buy it.

"How many?"

"It's only thirty renminbi, it's not expensive, look at this double-layered octagonal style, with silk cloth on the top—" Before the vendor's enthusiastic explanation was finished, Ji Wei had already counted a handful of copper coins and wanted to hand them over.

Liu Yimian tugged on Ji Wei's sleeve, and muttered in a low voice, "Why are you buying this?"

Ji Wei smiled sullenly, but didn't answer.

After handing over the money to the vendor, he took the octagonal palace lantern and stuffed it into Liu Yimian's hands.

"Your eyes were so close just now, how could I not see?"

"No, I'm just curious..." Liu Yimian's face became hot for a while, and she didn't dare to look up at Ji Wei, even the wooden handle of the lantern she was holding was They all burned like hot hands.

"Thirty Wengui is expensive." He muttered.

"It's not expensive. This double-layer palace lantern is made of colorful silk cloth, and the candlelight inside is faintly shining through, which is quite beautiful." Ji Wei turned his head and glanced, and scattered a wisp of thin silk around his ear for Liu Yimian. Hair, pulled to the ears.

Afraid of shocking him, he explained.

"Hair fell down."

Liu Yimian hummed softly, and the two of them walked down the street rubbing shoulders.

The night was dark, and the number of pedestrians on the road gradually increased.

By the time it was completely dark, the two of them had reached the end of West Street.

There is a mountain outside Changliu Town, and at the foot of the mountain there is a Green Willow River, with clear water and surrounded by willow trees, winding through three small towns.

On the surface of the Green Willow River, you can see many dots of light, floating down from the upstream along the direction of the stream. When I got closer, I realized that those were paper lanterns carried on tile-shaped driftwood.

The candle flame flickers and floats with the water.

"My lord, do you want to buy a water lamp?" Seeing the two of them stopped here, the middle-aged man came over, raised the simple paper lantern in his hand, and smiled flatteringly.

Liu Yimian also raised the octagonal palace lantern in his hand, smiled at him and said, "We have it, so we don't need it." The

middle-aged man shook his head, "Young master, I don't understand, it's a lantern, and I'm a water lantern. It's different."

"They're all lights, so what's the difference?"

"Look at the lights floating on the water over there," the middle-aged man walked a few steps towards the river, bent down and picked up a light from the river that floated to the bank. Compare the lamp with the paper lamp in your hand, "Is it very similar?"

Liu Yimian nodded.

The middle-aged man put the lamp into the river again and sent it away along the river.

"The lantern in the young master's hand is for playing with @, but not the paper lantern. Write your wish on the paper and float away with the river. This lantern burning is a tradition, don't you two know?" The middle-aged man looked at They looked puzzled, and then smiled more enthusiastically, "Most of these paper lanterns are floated down from Daxi Town." "There are

many students in Daxi Town, and the young masters who can read and write like to light lanterns by the river. I think the young master is gentle, he should be a scholar, why don't you try?" The middle-aged man is so shrewd, he can see that Liu Yimian is a little loose, "Paper lanterns are much cheaper than flower lanterns, one lamp only costs ten yuan, two If you want it, you can buy eighteen."

"Then two."

Although Ji Weiyi didn't say a word, the middle-aged man could see that Ji Wei was the backbone. Seeing him speak, he couldn't help but beckon, and immediately waved to his companion behind him, asking him to send two lamps.

"This is a pen and paper. The two young masters can come here to write down their wishes. When the time comes, they will float away with the water, and the river god will bless the two of you to make your wishes come true." "Is this really possible?

" Looking at the middle-aged man curiously.

The other party blinked at him, and said cunningly: "Sincere sincerity will lead to success. If your wish comes true, remember to come and fulfill your wish in the coming year.

"

Liu Yimian let out an oh, and her interest dropped a little. But seeing that Ji Wei had already written a note, pressed @ under the paper lamp and between the tiles, quickly wrote a few words, folded it quickly, and walked to the river with Ji Wei only with the paper lamp.

"What's the matter with being a little nervous?" Ji Wei did such a thing for the first time, and I have to say that when he and Liu Yimian were squatting by the river, his heart beat a little faster.

He turned his head and saw Liu Yimian pursing his lips, seeming to be nervous, so he let out a long sigh of relief.

"Can you let it go?" Liu Yimian looked around, beside them, there were many young couples squatting by the river, half bent over, sending away the paper lanterns along the water.

In order to make the paper lanterns float farther, the water is constantly poured.

Ji Wei responded, and pushed the paper lantern into the water, followed by Liu Yimian. He gently pushed into the water, but unexpectedly, a gust of evening wind blew, and the paper lantern swam forward for a certain distance, just in time with Ji Wei's The paper lanterns collided in one place.

There are corners around the paper lanterns, and the corners of the two paper lanterns are facing each other, and they are stuck to each other, so they float away.

Liu Yimian is like a child who has done something wrong, wringing her hands tightly, not daring to look at Ji Wei.

"The lights are on too, let's go." Ji Wei patted him on the shoulder, pulled his arm and lifted him up from the ground, "I saw a lot of delicious food when I came here, so I'll eat it later." By the side of the Green Willow

River The number of people increased, and people rushed towards the vendors selling paper lanterns by the river.

Liu Yimian was protecting the palace lantern with one hand, afraid of being knocked over, while Ji Wei firmly held the other hand, pushed away the crowd, and left the river.

I entered West Street again. Compared with when I came here just now, the street is not very spacious, and it is crowded with people everywhere. I don't know if it's the people from the town, but they all gathered here, and when they walked, they rubbed their shoulders, which was not very comfortable.

"Follow closely, be careful not to be squeezed away." Ji Wei clenched his hands again.

Liu Yimian's palms were sweating nervously, Xiaobu followed behind Ji Wei.

There is a specially vacated space in front for the juggling troupe passing by Changliu Town.

This kind of hustle and bustle can not be seen every day. Layer after layer of people block the street, and the nearby crowds are dense. It is difficult to continue no matter whether it is advancing or retreating.

"Why are you squeezing? You're stepping on my shoes, didn't you see?" The burly and tall man was poking his head to watch the juggling. When the people in front stepped back, he took half a step back, just in time to be stepped on by Ji Wei. heel.

Ji Wei apologized, but the big man refused to let him go. He is not from Dongxi Street, but he heard that there are jugglers here, so he came here specially, and he is not very familiar with Ji Wei's face.

Seeing his kind face, he suddenly felt guilty, and stretched out his hand to push him.

"The shoes are all trampled off, and I don't know where they fell. You pick them up for me, and this matter is over!" The

big man shouted loudly, and he didn't look like a good friend. The people around were afraid of being affected, and recognized Ji Wei again, and they all squeezed their heads back desperately.

Liu Yimian was originally held by Ji Wei's wrist, a group of people huddled together, and rushed away from Ji Wei's clenched hand unexpectedly.

When Ji Wei turned around to find someone, Liu Yimian was caught in the crowd and didn't know where he went.

In a hurry, he stretched out his hand to push the person blocking in front, to find Liu Yimian. The big man behind him was not forgiving, insisting on asking Ji Wei to help him find shoes. Looking at his movements, I thought he was going to run, so I grabbed Ji Wei's collar and shouted not to run.

"Let go, do you hear me! I'm going to find someone!" Ji Wei yelled at the big man, and the anxious ending was a little split.

Even if there were shouts from all around, the shouts were still deafening.

The big man was suddenly yelled at, and he was a little dazed, but he quickly reacted and yelled back.

"You stepped on my shoes first, and I asked you to look for them, and you ran away! What's wrong with me arresting you!"

Ji Weicai didn't bother to break up with him, and shouted a few times to get out of the way, and the people in front made room for him aisle. He thanked him as he walked, the man was afraid that he would run away and his shoes didn't know where to go, so he hurriedly followed Ji Wei to catch up.

After finally getting out of the most congested section of the road, Liu Yimian had long since disappeared.

"Hey boy, where's the shoe?"

The big man had one bare foot, and was stepped on several times. At this time, the back of his instep was covered with footprints, which made him very angry.

"I'll say it again, don't follow me!" Ji Wei looked at the big man coldly, "If you follow up again this time, don't blame me for doing it.

" Feeling perplexed, he followed.

As a result, Ji Wei did what he said this time, when the big man's hand was about to touch Ji Wei's shoulder, he suddenly turned around and punched the big man in the stomach.

Rou@soft's stomach suddenly hurt, the big man screamed, tripped passers-by backwards, and fell to the ground.

"I said, don't follow."

After leaving this sentence, Ji Wei called Liu Yimian's name and ran to find someone.

****

Liu Yimian was carried away by the crowd.

He stretched out his hand and shouted Ji Wei's name, feeling scared in his heart, but it didn't help.

At this moment, Liu Yimian suddenly felt that there was an extra hand around her waist. Liu Yimian was so frightened that her scalp went numb, her whole body became stiff, and she dared not move.

Just as this hand kept moving, Liu Yimian finally mustered up the courage to yell "Indecent", this hand seemed to be frightened, pulled the money bag on Liu Yimian's waist, and quickly disappeared.

"Thief! There are thieves!" Liu Yimian turned around quickly, shouting to catch the thief, but there were unfamiliar faces all around, and everyone was eager to squeeze out of the crowd, and there was no clue.

He touched the empty belt, resisted the nausea and numbness all over his body, and stumbled forward, trying to find the thief who had mixed into the crowd.

But after walking for a long time, until he walked back to the bank of the Green Willow River, there was no clue at all. Extreme anger and fear, coupled with the sadness of being away from Ji Wei, all came to my heart.

He squatted against the willow tree by the roadside, hugged his knees tightly with both hands, sobbed softly with his head buried in his face, and murmured Ji Wei's name in his mouth.

He wanted to find him, but he couldn't exert all his strength, his legs and feet were weak, and he couldn't walk. The only thing I can do is to pray in my heart that Ji Wei will appear and save him from the fire.

So when Liu Yimian heard that familiar call, he raised his head with tears in his eyes -

and met Ji Wei's nervous and worried eyes.

At this moment, Ji Wei is like a god.

Liu Yimian stared blankly, the sudden surge of emotion in his heart overwhelmed him violently.

He jumped up and threw himself on Ji Wei.

Ji Wei, who had just bent down and was not ready, subconsciously hugged Liu Yimian's slender waist tightly, and was thrown back two steps before she stabilized her body.

The person in his arms was trembling with fear, his limbs wrapped around him like an octopus.

Ji Wei's heart was entangled, and even breathing hurt.

"I'm late, don't be afraid, Brother Ji is here." He gently patted the young boy's thin back, as if he was coaxing a baby who doesn't know the world, even his tone of voice was inconceivably gentle.

The boy's stiff shoulders gradually relaxed, and he buried his face in Ji Wei's shoulders, sobbing softly.

The author has something to say: I replaced it, but my hand still hurts, so I'm sorry for the lateness.