Chapter 15

Without a refrigerator, home-made butter and cheese cannot be stored for long.

Ji Weiyi sold out all the pancakes, didn't dare to delay for a moment, and ran home.

Fortunately, the well is deep and the temperature is low, so the butter and cheese taken out of the well have frozen solid. It's not as hard as it was in the freezer, but it doesn't flow anymore.

Ji Wei planned for a rainy day, and had already found the best blacksmith in the town to help him make a simple egg beater. Since the materials were not fully prepared, it has not come in handy.

He prepared flour, butter, cheese, sugar, and eggs, and cut the butter into small pieces first. It didn't take long for the butter to soften on a hot summer afternoon. Stir the eggs and sugar together until the sugar melts, beat the butter vigorously with an egg beater until the butter becomes lighter in color and fluffy in shape, then pour in the egg liquid and cheese, stir well, add flour, cut and mix into a cheese dough.

For the convenience of shaping, Ji Wei added 1.1 times of flour to make the dough more solid. After pressing into a square with a wooden board, cut biscuits into 1cm thick biscuits and put them into the bread kiln that has been preheated.

The cheese and butter biscuits are very thin, and a quarter of an hour is more than enough to bake.

The mouth of the bread kiln is sealed so that the smell cannot come out. But as soon as the fire is turned off and the kiln is turned on, the strong aroma of frankincense and butter rushes to the face, making it impossible to hide.

Coupled with the breeze, this unusual smell spreads around at an extremely fast speed.

The freshly baked biscuits were still a little soft, and Ji Wei spread them on the table to blow air. Cheese butter biscuits that are exposed to air will gradually become hard and crispy.

Not long after, there was noise at the gate of Ji's courtyard.

"What kind of smell is this? Why is it so big?"

"Oh, Mrs. Niu, don't you live in West Second Lane? Why did you come here!"

"It smells so good, who knows what it is?"

"It seems to come from here!"

"You heard it wrong, the bastard from Ji's family lives here, I'll go to sister Zhou's next door to ask!"

" No, no, I can't bear this feeling anymore, that Ji can't beat me, look!" Finally, there was a short woman in green cloth with long hair braided, struggling for a while. After a while, he stomped his feet, pushed open the half-closed wooden door of Ji's house and entered the courtyard.

"Brother Ji, I've never smelled such a smell!" Liu Yimian stood beside the table, bending over to look at the slices neatly placed on the plate.

There is no butter in this era, let alone cheese. Even if it is extracted from cow's milk and goat's milk, the taste is very different after some processing. Except for the faintly discernible milk fragrance, it is already another kind of strange thing.

Liu Yimian sniffed, her intoxication was hard to hide. He stretched out his fingers and twisted a piece carefully.

The biscuits just out of the kiln are still slightly warm.

He turned his gaze to Ji Wei who was still busy with the second furnace, and asked aloud.

"Eat what you want, don't burn it."

Liu Yimian happily took a small bite.

Hard, crispy, crunchy, not like steamed buns. Obviously they all use flour, but they are not the same thing at all.

The aroma of milk and eggs intertwined in his mouth, and he couldn't hold back the extremely rich taste, so he stuffed all the remaining biscuits into his mouth in one gulp. The falling biscuit crumbs floated in from his neckline.

Liu Yimian stood on the spot shaking his collar, jumping around in a bit of embarrassment. He saw a little woman walking towards him, looking at something while walking. Seeing Ji Wei with his back turned to her, he paused in his footsteps, looking a little panicked.

"Who are you looking for?" Liu Yimian seldom goes out, and only knows a few families around her. The woman looked very familiar, so it could be seen that she was not a neighbor.

The woman took a few steps forward and saw a plate of biscuits on the table with a look of surprise on her face. Then he pointed to the plate and asked, "What is this?"

"I don't know, I have to ask Brother Ji."

The baking plate of the bread kiln was ordered in the same batch as the egg beater. The temperature of the bread kiln is extremely high, and baking requires a high temperature of more than 200 degrees Celsius. In terms of thermal conductivity, iron baking pans are the best.

Ji Wei had heard voices a long time ago, but turned around after stuffing the second batch of butter cheese biscuits into the bread kiln.

The woman looked familiar, and he recalled the original owner in his mind before he opened his mouth and said, "It turned out to be Mrs. Niu from West Second Lane. What brought you here?" Mrs. Niu smiled awkwardly

, I couldn't help casting my eyes at the biscuit, "Xiao Ji, what is this? I was just drying corn cobs in the yard, and I smelled it and followed it. I didn't expect it to come from you..." "

Try Taste?" Ji Wei made a gesture of invitation.

Mrs. Niu became greedy when she smelled the smell, and she didn't show politeness to Ji Wei at this moment, she reached out and grabbed two pieces, one piece at a time, swallowed without chewing much.

The biscuit was already dry, but I didn't chew it well, and it stuck in my throat for a while, and Mrs. Niu coughed violently. After a long time, the saliva moistened the biscuit before swallowing it. She wiped away the tears she coughed up from the corner of her eyes, and ate another piece.

But this time, he took a small bite and finished eating the biscuits, and poured the biscuit crumbs from his palm into his mouth.

After eating all of them, I felt a little embarrassed, "Look at me like this, I'm so ridiculous."

"Xiao Ji, why didn't you sell this handicraft on the street early?" Mrs. Niu licked her lower lip with a look of endless aftertaste, "When will you sell it, I will definitely buy some for my second dog to taste. "

Ergou is the humble name of Niu Sao's son.

Ji Wei said with a smile, "No rush."

​​He had plans to do so, but the cost of making biscuits was slightly higher, so he had to think about it.

Mrs. Niu was embarrassed by Liu Yimian's look, she turned around and pointed at the courtyard door and said, "There are still many people at the door, what are you all doing, your arms are exposed!" After she finished speaking, other women who were hiding by the door appeared in twos and

threes . They heard the conversation clearly outside, and when they came over, they kept praising Jiwei for his skill.

Ji Wei is not stingy either. If he wants to start a dessert business in the future, he must open up the market and be accepted by others. Now, taking this opportunity, let them taste more, and promote more afterwards, which is also to build momentum for him, isn't it just free advertising.

So he is very generous.

The courtyard was not too big, but there were seven or eight women crowded in, chattering and chattering, attracting all the passers-by.

A plate of baked biscuits is only about thirty yuan.

It can't be worth a few yuan per person for a group of people, and it will be eaten up soon.

Coupled with Ji Wei's vicious reputation, everyone won his favor, and they were not at ease. They tried their best to praise his craftsmanship, almost blowing him out of a flower.

After all the people had dispersed, Liu Yimian ran to the gate of the courtyard and fastened the door, so that no one would come again.

"Brother Ji, you're really going to be famous." Liu Yimian was a little excited. Ever since he stepped into the door of Ji's family, Ji Wei had only a bad reputation and never had a good reputation at all.

Now that the situation has suddenly improved, how can he be unhappy?

Ji Wei was very calm, "What is this? You are still too happy."

After all the butter cheese biscuits were baked and dried, Ji Wei took a piece of oil paper that usually sells cakes and spread them on the table. Open it, then fold the biscuits layer by layer into a square shape, wrap them in parchment paper, and tie a thin red string on top.

It looks just like the one bought in the store outside, very delicate.

"Brother Ji, is this going to be given away?" Liu Yimian opened her eyes wide, inexplicably disappointed.

"I'll give you the remaining few pieces. If you want to eat in the future, tell me, and I will make it for you." Ji Wei pulled Liu Yimian over, rubbed her in his arms, and said with a smile, "Do you still remember?" Those bricks and soil before this, right?"

Liu Yimian nodded.

"After all, I got it from Zhang's family, so I should come to thank you." Ji Wei raised the oiled paper bag in his hand, "The Zhang family is a big family in the town, and it is necessary to have a good relationship with them.

" Feeling ashamed of being lost, Na Na said: "Brother Ji, go quickly, it will be late in a while. I will cook at home and wait for you to come back."

Ji Wei waved goodbye to Liu Yimian, humming a little tune all the way to Xier Lane .

Although the Zhang family is a big family in the town and is very close to the Ji family, the two families have never had any contact. Apart from knowing that the Zhang family's business is huge, Ji Wei knows little about the Zhang family.

In front of Zhang's house, the door was closed.

Ji Wei buckled the copper ring, and after a while, he heard footsteps coming from behind the door.

"Who—"

"Ji Wei in Xiaxi Lane, come to visit Mr. Zhang."

The door creaked open, and a young face appeared. Seeing that it was Ji Wei, he felt disgusted, "What are you doing here? The Zhang family doesn't welcome you!" Ji Wei was not angry, and his attitude was still gentle, "

Trouble It is said that I am here to thank Mr. Zhang."

The young man watching the door saw that he was about to close the door, but Ji Wei moved faster than him, and he got stuck in the crack of the door, holding the door against him to prevent him from closing it.

"You bastard! This is the Zhang family, what do you think? Our master has friendship with the county magistrate, be careful and he will arrest you and put you in jail!" The boy threatened in a vicious voice.

Ji Wei didn't like him, and frowned slightly, "Since you came to open the door, you should pass it on to me, instead of making insulting remarks repeatedly. Even if I, Ji Wei, really want to leave, it should be the old man of the Zhang family who gave the order, not You."

The boy felt guilty for a while when he heard the words, and wanted to say something more.

Suddenly there was a loud shout from behind: "I told you to open the door, what are you doing there!"

Ji Wei pushed hard on his shoulders, and the servant was pushed back a few steps by him, and he naturally entered Zhang's house.

The housekeeper Zhang Quan came over with his hands behind his back, and when he saw Ji Wei, his face changed suddenly, "Why did you let him in!"

The boy cried sadly, "Butler, I didn't let him in, it was this bully who forcibly broke the door. , I can't stop—"

After finishing speaking, he dodged to hide behind the butler, and looked at Ji Wei timidly.

"Next Ji Wei, I want to pay a visit to Mr. Zhang to thank him for his previous gift, please pass it on to the housekeeper." Ji Wei bowed his fists and bowed.

Zhang Quan doesn't like Ji Wei, but as a housekeeper, he knows how to be polite.

Immediately with a cold face, he asked the servant to watch over Ji Wei, and quickly left to inform him.