Chapter 97

"Yushu, I wish you were here! Come down quickly! Brother Liu's house was stolen!" Lin Tai shouted loudly, which surprised many people on the second floor.

As soon as Liu Yimian appeared, he was dragged to the stone table. Many people surrounded him and asked, "How much money was lost? Is it a lot? Do you want to report to the officials?" "It must be the students in the academy. I

think Tell the head of the mountain!"

"Why don't we see if we can get it back?"

"Yushu, what do you think?" Lin Tai walked up to Lu Yushu and told him what he saw just now.

"Yimian, are you okay?" Lu Yushu looked at Liu Yimian with some worry, but when he saw the calmness on his face, he knew that his worry was unnecessary.

"Today, everyone here, did you see a stranger coming to the school building?"

Lu Yushu was the leader among the students, and those who hadn't spoken a moment ago immediately spoke out when they saw him speak.

"When I was here, I didn't see any new faces coming."

"There is one."

Everyone turned their eyes to the person who made the sound, and glanced over, but no one was seen.

It turned out to be two young men who were sitting in front of the chessboard playing chess. They looked at each other, one of them nodded, and said to Lu Yushu: "We played three games here today, and we agreed to win two out of three games. Now is the first time. Three games."

Lu Yushu smiled slightly, the game is quite time-consuming, if it is an exquisite game of chess, it is not difficult for the opponent to sit for an hour. What's more, it's a three-game chess game, and the opponent may not be sure to see the thief.

"It's Zhang Xiaoman." The young man's name was He Lan, and he sighed when he saw everyone frowning and thinking hard, "It's just that when I was thinking about the next move, I happened to see him coming, and I didn't pay attention after that. I don't know if it's him, but I need to send him to ask."

"Okay, then I'll go find him!" Before anyone else could speak, Lin Tai had already run out.

After he left, other people started talking about it. It was hard for the dozen or so students present to believe that Zhang Xiaoman, who usually talked to everyone submissively and didn't even dare to look up at others, would do such an outrageous thing.

"This matter still needs to be confirmed, so please don't jump to conclusions." Lu Yushu reminded.

Liu Yimian didn't speak, he just sat on a stool. After hearing He Lan say Zhang Xiaoman's name, he couldn't believe it either.

He has been in school for nearly a month, and he knows almost all of his classmates, not to mention that he once had a few words with Zhang Xiaoman.

That was after the lecture was over a few days ago, Liu Yimian was rushing to leave, and happened to collide with Zhang Xiaoman. Before he had time to apologize, Zhang Xiaoman, who was knocked to the ground by him, got up quickly, helped him up from the ground, and kept apologizing to him.

Obviously Liu Yimian was at fault for this matter, but he firmly said that he didn't see the person in front of him clearly, and pretended to be rashly. No matter what Liu Yimian said, he would take the mistake on him.

Liu Yimian was in a hurry to leave at the time, but later learned that his writing brush was blown up and there was no money to change it, so she bought a brush for him. At that time Zhang Xiaoman was very pleasantly surprised, bowed to Liu Yimian to thank him repeatedly, which made Liu Yimian a little embarrassed.

Later, the two never met again, but this matter still left a deep impression on him.

Maybe he's just here for something else?

Liu Yimian was suspicious.

Not long after, Lin Tai grabbed Zhang Xiaoman's arm and brought him over.

The two trotted along the way, Lin Tai was in good health, Zhang Xiaoman was thin. When he was in front of the crowd, Zhang Xiaoman could hardly stand still, he could only stand holding onto Lin Tai's arm, panting continuously with his mouth wide open, his eyes were red, as if he had been crying.

"Zhang Xiaoman." Lu Yushu just called out his name, and Zhang Xiaoman fell to his knees with a thump, tears and snot streaming down his nose, and wept profusely.

"Young Master Lu, Young Master Liu, I really didn't steal it! I don't have the guts to do such a thing! It's really not me!" Zhang Xiaoman cried and howled miserably, making the onlookers feel sympathetic.

Liu Yimian even reached out to pull him, but Zhang Xiaoman grabbed his arm, walked towards him a few steps, choked up and said: "Mr. Liu, you have to believe me...Xiaoman is just...just here for that thing , did not steal anything!"

"What did you come to get?" Liu Yimian looked at him gently, her tone as gentle as a spring breeze.

Zhang Xiaoman's restless emotions were calmed down, and he gradually calmed down. After twitching a few times, he lowered his head and said, "Brother Chen asked me to pick up a book." "Brother Chen?" "

Chen

, Chen Peizhi."

Lu Yushu showed a thoughtful expression, and asked again: "What book do you want? Can I get it from him?" "

It's "The Legend of Gongyang", it's... it's..." He stammered, not daring to read it. look up.

"What is it?" Lu Yushu walked towards him, his tone was deep and cold, "You must not lie."

Zhang Xiaoman gritted his teeth, and said after a long while: "No, brother Chen asked me to replace Mr. Liu's elder brother. He took this book and said that he had something to go out, so he came to me in the afternoon to ask for it. I came to get it, but the door was closed, so I waited for a while, and then left."

Liu Yimian nodded, "My elder brother's book is indeed left here." He asked Zhang Xiaoman again, "When you came, was the door really closed?" Zhang Xiaoman squeezed Liu Yimian's arm excitedly, "

Yes Closed!"

Liu Yimian was in pain from being caught by him, and she yelled softly, but Zhang Xiaoman didn't hear it, it was Lin Tai who slapped Zhang Xiaoman on the back of his hand, and he let go only after suffering the pain.

"Anyway, you are the only stranger who came here today. In my opinion, this matter should be decided with the head of the mountain." He Lan looked at Zhang Xiaoman and said slowly.

"I think so, that's the best way."

"Yes, find the head of the mountain first!"

Zhang Xiaoman lay on the ground and cried again. He cried so sadly that even He Lan who suggested it couldn't bear it, and turned his face away.

He is not good at studies, but barely stays in the academy. If the head of the mountain finds out, and the thief cannot be found, even if Liu Yimian is unwilling to pursue him, Zhang Xiaoman will be persuaded to leave.

For him, it was like a thunderbolt.

Lu Yushu sighed, and asked gently, "Yimian, how much did you lose?"

"...Two taels."

Liu Yimian replied in a low voice.

The others gasped, not because they had never seen so much money. Instead, he lost two taels of silver all at once. If Liu Yimian reported to the officials, he would have to spend more than ten days in prison at least.

Lu Yushu half-bent down, stretched out his hand to Zhang Xiaoman, and looked at him quietly, "Xiaoman, the one who cleans himself will clean himself. If you have never done it before, you are not afraid to walk in front of the head of the mountain." Zhang Xiaoman cried until the tip of his nose turned

red , eyes were blurred with tears, unable to see Lu Yushu's face clearly, "But...but I..."

"Don't be afraid, I won't let you drop out of school until the truth comes out." Lu Yushu's words gave Zhang Xiaoman strong support. He stopped crying all of a sudden, hugged Lu Yushu's hand tightly, excitedly speechless.

"So now, come with us to meet the head of the mountain first."

*****

Changliu Town, Tingyun Building.

Tingyunlou is the only restaurant in Changliu Town that can be called a restaurant, with a total of two floors. If you want to go to the second floor, you have to spend at least one tael of silver, so the people who go up are either rich or expensive.

Mr. Zhang raised his head happily and drank a glass of wine, and said cheerfully, "Old Zheng, how many years have we not seen each other?"

Zheng Yi, who was sitting opposite him, squinted his eyes and thought for a while, "It's been five years at least. , Changliu Town is still the same as before."

"I've aged a lot, but you still look so energetic." Mr. Zhang and Zheng Yi are old friends, they are similar in age, but Zheng Yi looks younger than Zhang The old man is ten years younger.

One still needs crutches to walk, and the other walks like flying and looks radiant, which is indeed impressive.

"You have been doing business outside for so many years, have you made a lot of money?" Mr. Zhang looked at Zheng Yi's weathered face, although he didn't look old, feeling somewhat emotional.

Zheng Yi also used to be from Changliu Town, and had known Mr. Zhang for many years. When I was in my thirties, I yearned for the great mountains and rivers written in the book, so I took money to travel. When he came back many years later, he actually started a business outside, and when he came back, he took his wife and children out.

It has been five years since he left last time.

"By the way, I came back from Yazhou this time and brought a lot of local specialties to sell. You must have never eaten it, so I'll give you some." Zheng Yi was a little excited. It made him linger a bit, but he couldn't bear the high temperature, and after staying for more than a month, he escaped.

"Look at me, did I get a lot of tan? It was all done in Yazhou. I could have looked younger." Zheng Yi laughed, raised his head and drank the wine in his glass.

"What did you bring me?" Mr. Zhang was a little curious.

"The people there call it 'The Head of the King of Yue', and there is a story about it." Zheng Yi drank another glass of wine, took his chopsticks and knocked on the dishes, "It is said that the king of Linyi had a grudge against the king of Yue. Make the assassin get drunk, take its head, hang it on a tree, and turn it into a coconut. The core still has two eyes, so it is called the king's head of Yue, and its syrup is like wine. It is colorless and transparent, and has a delicate fragrance. You must try it Give it a try."

"This story is special, I really want to try it, and send more to my house. I have to let the Ji family boy taste such novel things." "Ji

family boy?"

" Let me show you some other day, he is a talent." Zheng Yi slapped the table and laughed loudly, "Okay! I will meet the talent

you Lao Zhang praised!"

Tell each other what happened in five years.

Zheng Yi was a merchant, traveling from south to north, and he didn't know when to see him again. For the two who are over half a century old, perhaps this is the last time they will meet.