Chapter 66

I was so scrupled that they were all a group of old men, they had a lot of food, and they ate a lot. For lunch, stewed meat with potatoes, scrambled eggs with tomatoes and tofu soup with mushrooms, Ji Wei all use pots as units.

Although the dishes are not many, they are very generous.

Whether it's a man doing hard work or a scholar doing literature and propaganda, they all open their stomachs and gobble it up.

If it weren't for Ji Wei, they would have to wait until the Chinese New Year to eat such a large piece of meat without any scruples.

"Eat more, so you won't be hungry in the afternoon." Ji Wei was afraid that they wouldn't have enough to eat, so he didn't eat at the same table with them. He brought a plate by himself, and put a large spoonful of potato stew on the hot rice.

The rice grains are full @full, poured with rich gravy, stained with a layer of oil, mixed with large pieces of potatoes and pork, it looks more appetizing.

The stewed potatoes are soft and rotten, melt in the mouth, and there are three fat and seven thin pork pieces. When it is put into the pot, a layer of fat is boiled. It tastes fat but not greasy, thin but not firewood. endless.

The solid steamed rice is accompanied by a generous amount of dishes. Five people eat their stomachs round, and they sit on the stool and rub their stomachs to rest.

Taking advantage of this time, Ji Wei explained the precautions again, divided Wenxuan and Brother Tian together, and asked the two from Changliu Town to walk first with a few large boxes of mooncakes.

Since the delivery location of the two is in the town, Ji Wei asked them to carry a small amount of mooncakes to deliver. Wait until they run out and come back to get new ones.

It also saves me from taking too many mooncakes and exhausting my strength by carrying them empty in my hands.

For the remaining three, Wenxuan is going to Daxi Town, and the other two are going to Baisha Town together. In addition, Baisha Town was on the same road as Daxi Town, so Ji Wei borrowed an ox cart, waited for Mrs. Lin to eat lunch, and came out to change her husband to set up a stall. By the way, they drove the ox cart, and the three of them put all the mooncake gift boxes on the ox cart , set off together.

The backyard looks a lot more spacious without a few workers.

Busy with baking mooncakes these days, Ji Wei couldn't concentrate on managing the shop. Finally, after all the mooncake orders were placed, he began to organize the wooden shelves that were piled up in the corner and had already been made.

The wooden frame stands on four legs, and the middle is divided into three upper and lower floors by smooth wooden boards. It is nearly one person tall. It was Ji Wei who drew the blueprints. He specially asked Carpenter Li to help him. here.

But he never had time to answer, so he piled the wooden shelves in the corner.

Ji Wei wiped the wooden frame first, spread a layer of clean floral fabric, and nailed the fabric around it with nails.

This wooden stand is used to display pastries, so naturally it cannot be sloppy. For the sake of cleanliness, greased paper was spread on each partition.

"Take out the prepared snowy mooncakes—" Ji Wei yelled to the back of the yard, and not long after, two people each ordered a big basin, opened the curtain and walked out.

The basin is big and deep, filled with white snowy mooncakes.

Ji Wei moved the snowy mooncakes to the wooden shelf, and together with the two of them moved the wooden shelf to the door of the store facing the street.

The shop, which had been closed for several days, opened, but because it was in a corner, it didn't attract many people's attention.

Except next door.

"Oh, you guys have opened the door." Zheng Yinghong ran out of the shop when she heard the movement, and clicked her tongue when she saw the wooden shelf they moved out together.

"What is this? For food?"

"Madam, why don't you try it, this is a mooncake."

"Mooncake? Is that the mooncake?"

Zheng Yinghong is a businessman, so she is quite keen on the news of these new things. Mooncakes have suddenly become popular in the circle of scholars, and many people are asking everywhere where mooncakes are sold. Her shop is on North Street, and some people asked her about it.

But she doesn't know either.

Many people were asked, and they finally became curious.

"It should be that mooncake, do you want to try it?" Ji Wei smiled, took a piece of mooncake and handed it to Zheng Yinghong.

"Then I won't be polite." Zheng Yinghong had a straightforward temper and didn't twitch with Ji Wei, took the mooncake he handed over, and broke it in half.

What she held in her hand happened to be red bean paste. The bean paste was delicate and purplish red, and it had a faint sweet bean flavor when it came close.

Zheng Yinghong took a bite and savored it carefully.

The ice skin is soft and glutinous, and after staying in the well for half a day, the mouth is springy, coupled with the sweet and delicious bean paste, it is very mouth-watering compared to many greasy and heavy pastries.

"Your skin is made of glutinous rice?" Zheng Yinghong cooks pasta, and she is much more sensitive to eating than ordinary people.

This snow-white color, coupled with the soft and glutinous taste, she doesn't think about anything other than glutinous rice.

Ji Wei didn't refute, but didn't admit it either, just looked at her with a smile and asked her how she tasted.

"It's delicious, no wonder so many people came to ask me."

"Oh?"

Zheng Yinghong had a short mouth, and seeing that Ji Wei was very interested in it, she told him that acquaintances had asked her to find out The mooncake thing.

Ji Wei listened, clapped his hands and laughed.

"The proprietress now knows where to buy mooncakes."

"I ate the first piece of mooncake you opened, and I have to tell you more about it." It happened that a customer came to the store next door, and Zheng Yinghong was busy entertaining, so she didn't say much.

"If you're hungry, come to my shop for a bowl of noodles. If there are customers, I'll leave first!"

Zheng Yinghong's noodle restaurant is located on the outside, unlike Ji Weipan's shop which is still blocked by a corner. Coupled with her enthusiasm for hospitality, she would often come out to chat and solicit customers. Although the business is not the best, it is not too bad.

Compared with An Huai's previous business, it can be said to be a world of difference.

Ji Wei asked Carpenter Li for a plank and painted it with white paint. During lunch, Wenxuan asked Wenxuan to draw mooncakes on the white lacquer board, and wrote four large characters of snowy mooncakes.

At this time, he moved out and stood on the street with a white lacquered board. Coupled with his famous name, Ji Wei, he was very conspicuous.

"Mooncakes! Snowy mooncakes! A must-have reunion mooncake for Mid-Autumn Festival!"

"Four flavors to choose from, red bean, mung bean, sesame, peanut and egg yolk filling!"

"Buy ten get one free! The first ten are free to taste!"

Even Ji Wei looked He looked amiable, but some people were afraid of well ropes once they were bitten by snakes for ten years. As soon as he glanced over, people would follow him, and they didn't dare to approach him at all.

Ji Wei saw that the young man was dressed in a brocade robe, wearing a crown hat, and looked like a gentleman, so he knew that he was not short of money, so he hurriedly stepped forward, pointing to the white lacquered board and introducing.

"My lord, I think you are handsome and talented. Why don't you come and see me?"

"Eh? Are you Ji Wei?" The young man was blocked by Ji Wei, and he glanced up and down before he realized that this was a few days ago , beat up Liu Qing's bastard Ji Wei in the street. Because of his correction of evil and his return to righteousness, many people discussed it privately.

The original owner was mostly active in East and West Second Streets, and seldom came to South and North Streets. This young man had never heard of it. It was thanks to Liu Qing that he became famous in this area.

"It's here." Ji Wei was not surprised that the young man recognized him, but he didn't expect it to be for Liu Qing.

"Last time you beat Liu Qing hard, I enjoyed watching it." The young man glanced down at the white lacquered board and raised his eyebrows when he saw the moon cake, "Moon cake? But the thing written on the title page of "Mingjingtai"?

" That's it! Come and see?" Seeing that he was interested, Ji Wei immediately struck while the iron was hot.

Young people, as scholars, must have heard of Der Spiegel and moon cakes. He had been itching for a long time, but when he heard Ji Wei's words, he became interested and followed him away.

"That's it?" The young man walked around the wooden shelf curiously, and said in amazement, "It's almost the same as the one in the picture. The pattern on it is printed on it, right? It's quite delicate." "This is custom-

made Mold, printed on it."

"I remember there are four flavors, which one do you think is better?" "

I recommend lotus paste egg yolk, which is sweet and salty, and has a special flavor."

The young man was shocked, unable to imagine this contradictory taste, and his face turned pale. Slightly changed, "Sweet and salty? No! Let me introduce something else." "

Just now I said that the first ten are free to taste, so let's try this lotus egg yolk. Young master, please." Ji Wei picked a lotus egg yolk flavor The snowskin mooncake was handed to the young man, who took a step back, a little frightened.

But as soon as he retreated, Ji Wei sent a little forward.

"Anyway, it doesn't cost money, so why don't you try it? If you don't want to eat it, you'll just throw it away."

The young man was moved by Ji Wei, and finally stopped hesitating.

After receiving the snowy mooncake, under Ji Wei's encouraging gaze, he closed his eyes and took the first bite.

"Hmm!"

The delicate lotus seed paste and the soft salted egg yolk did not have the strange smell as imagined, but it was so delicious that the young man squinted his eyes.

"How is it?"

Although the young man didn't speak, he already had an answer from his expression.

Under Ji Wei's teasing gaze, the young man was a little embarrassed, he patted off the crumbs of egg yolk in his hand, and said impatiently, "What's the price of this mooncake ?

"

Isn't one piece expensive?"

"Of course."

If you say one and a half taels, I'm afraid it will scare people away.

"But it's worth the price." The young man thought for a while, "Is the other flavors not worse than this one?" "

Of course." The young man gritted his teeth, "Then five yuan

for each item."

He changed his words again, "Ten yuan stuffed with egg yolk!"

"Young master is so generous!" Ji Wei said this sincerely.

"That's not true. My father just gave me a month's money. I went out for a stroll, and I didn't expect to run into a profiteer like you." If Ji Wei hadn't blocked the young man's way, he probably wouldn't have noticed that someone was selling it on the side of the road. moon cake.

Although the young man called Ji Wei a profiteer, there was no complaint in his tone, and Ji Wei didn't care.

Twenty-five yuan of snowskin mooncakes was a huge order beyond his expectations. Plus one for every ten, the total is twenty-seven moon cakes, a total of one hundred and twenty-five Wen.

The young man paid the bill and ran away in a hurry, holding a large moon cake wrapped in oil paper, saying that he wanted to bring it to his relatives and friends.

With this good start today, Ji Wei's confidence soared.

He also called a few men who were usually very active in talking, and asked them to come out and go to the streets with him to attract customers.

The first guests were students.

They have long been extremely curious about moon cakes because of the mirror stage, but they can't find them anywhere. On the road, I heard people shouting the name of the moon cake, so I heard the sound.

There were more students bought, and many passers-by saw that there were a lot of people queuing in front of the shop, so they followed to join in the fun.

It's just that it's not easy to join in the excitement. With the tasting plates on the side, I tried to try, and then joined the queue to buy and waited.

"Shopkeeper! Give me ten yuan for the egg yolk in it!"

"I want three of each!"

"I want the sesame and peanut flavor."

"I want this and this..."

Zheng Yinghong hastily passed the time After a while, the store was idle, and when I came out to have a look, I was dumbfounded.

It only took an hour to open this left, how can a shop that is so cold and empty become so lively?