37.

Lando's POV

Zak walked passed me and patted my back as I was sitting in front of the hospitality.
I didn't respond. I didn't even look at him. He wanted to replace me but still wanted to be nice to me. It annoyed me, more than I could explain.

It would be Millie's first day today, I knew she was excited for it. I was actually waiting for her to arrive, maybe she could cheer me up. I really loved her personality.
"Hi Lando, I am so excited for it" she wrapped her arms around my neck and kissed my cheek quickly.
"Hi Millie, are you ready for your tour?" I smiled as I turned my face to her. She nodded enthusiastically.
We both walked in the hospitality. "So this is the hospitality, here can you get food and stuff" I grabbed an apple and threw it to her. She quickly caught it and smirked. "Great catch" I laughed. "Just like you" she mumbled, she probably didn't think I would hear her but I definitely did.
I noticed she was flirting with me a lot lately.

"Anyways so these are the drivers room. This is Daniel's room and this one is mine" I pointed at the door. She nodded enthusiastically.
"I will remember that" she smiled. I didn't pay too much attention to that.
"So the rest you've to fix with Zak, but I guess I will see you around a lot" I said as I looked at my phone. It was time for me to go to the garage.
She took a bite of her apple and nodded.
I quickly walked downstairs. My trainer looked at me and followed me outside.
"Are you ready Lando?" He looked at me. I shrugged my shoulders. I wasn't really looking forward to be in that car anymore. Not since I knew that they wanted to replace me.
"They wanna replace me" I said as I looked around. I didn't want Netflix to catch this but there was only one crew around this weekend so fortunately they were too busy with filming other people.
"Who? Mclaren? You're crazy" he chuckled but he saw I was serious. "How do you know?" He said a little more softly. "Netflix filmed it" I knew I could trust him. I didn't want to cause problems for Avery.
"They're crazy. What are you gonna do?" He asked as we walked in the garage.
I shrugged my shoulders. I had no idea.

I was standing in my garage. We were looking at the data. I had no motivation anymore.
I grabbed my phone and texted Avery. I actually missed her around.
She could always put a smile on my face.

Avery:

Hi best friend
I miss you
What are you up to?

Just chilling
Being pretty bored actually.
I miss you too
What are you up to?

Just gave Millie a tour
She seems excited
I am gonna jump in my car now

Good luck Lando!
Be safe

I grabbed my helmet and jumped in the car. It were only practices but my motivation was completely gone. "Hi Lando, how's the car feeling?" My engineer asked over the radio.
"Feels like a racing car" I responded. They didn't answer anymore. Probably because they had no idea how to.  

—————————

"You didn't seem too excited today in the car"  I was doing my interviews, maybe I had to fake a little bit of enthusiasm because they were all asking me the same question. "Just a little bit tired, nothing to worry about. The car felt fine" and I always gave them the same answer.
Millie patted my back as we were walking out of the media pen.
She was my new PR manager for this season so she would be around a lot.
I put in a good word for her because she was Avery's best friend. I thought she would like it to have her best friend around.
"Are you feeling okay?" She asked. I just nodded.
"Wanna hang out tonight?" Her voice was softer than usual. She was probably scared what I would answer but I actually already had other plans.
"I am gonna golf with Carlos" it wasn't a lie but I also didn't really wanna hang out with her.
I wasn't ready to hang out with another girl, I was still getting over Avery.

We were never together but she still made such a big impact on my life and heart. It killed me to see her with Charles, but I had to let her go.

@F1News: Very poor practice sessions for Lando

@F1News: Very poor practice sessions for Lando. Didn't have too much to say about it either.

Liked by 84.749 users.

@user1: what can the dude say? It's a shit car
@user2: he still stays pretty positive lol
@user3: looking good though!
@user4: Red Bull please just sign him.