57- The Beginning of Summer '95

When Emilia arrived home from the platform, her parents were already getting ready for work. "No te puedes quedar?(You can't stay?)" asked Emilia looking at her mother who sighed, looking at her.

"Mija, tenemos mucho trabajo que hacer.(we have a lot of work to do.)" said Ariella softening her look. Emilia turned to look at her father, who had turned to his wife.

"Dile a Ade y Miles que vengan. (Tell Ade and Miles to come)" said Diego grabbing his wand. "I have a lot of work, Emilia, im head auror, you have to understand."

"Whatever." said Emilia going up the stairs and into her room. Hayden turned to look at Nick, who sighed.

"Vete, get to the ministry." said Diego turning to his sons. Hayden and Nick disapparted, leaving the home empty with Emilia alone in her room.

———

Y/n was sitting in her room, looking at small pictures on her vanity with tears falling down her face. Y/m/n entered Y/n's room. "How are you doing, love." asked Mrs. L/n sitting on Y/n's bed.

"Fine." said Y/n turning to her mother. "I just. . . I think it's crazy."

"It's a lot for your young age, I know." said Mrs. L/n softly. "I was like your age when you know who came to power."

"Do you really think he's back?" asked Y/n looking away. "I mean. . . I thought he was gone, he was gone for thirteen years."

"You shouldn't worry about it, Y/n/n." said Mrs. L/n softly.

"But mum, how— how was Cedric murdered by him! How— how could Harry escape him again?" asked Y/n turning to her mother. 

"You don't have to worry about anything, Y/n." said Mrs. L/n getting up. "I'm going out for a bit, okay? Do you mind helping your dad look after Lucas?"

"Where are you going?" asked Y/n.

"I have a few errands to run," said Mrs. L/n making her way towards the door. "Will you help your dad?"

"Yeah." said Y/n narrowing her eyebrows. Her mother closed the door behind her, Y/n sighed dropping her head on her vanity.

———

Miles was sitting on a balcony in his room, looking up at the moon. The clouds were covering parts of the moon, making it seem as it was half full. "You think she's going to be okay?" asked Cane joining his brother next to him. Miles turned to look at him and shrugged.

"Yeah, im sure she will." said Miles. "It's Emilia."

"You miss her, don't you?" asked Cane. Miles sighed, covering his eyes with his palm. "It's okay if you do. . . you loved her."

"I love her." said Miles, softly. "I'll always love her, annoyingly. And I don't know, I hurt her really bad when we were together. . . plus now with Cedric—"

"Why don't you just show her you're still her best friend." said Cane pulling out a bottle of fire whiskey from inside. He handed Miles it and shrugged. "Just a thought, you know."

"Yeah. . ." said Miles taking a sip of the bottle. He got up and turned to look at Cane. "I'll be back, okay?"

"Where are you going?" asked Cane. Miles had disappartaed into the Morales Manor when he walked up the stairs. He walked into Emilia's room to see it empty. He made a face and looked around, making his way down to the room with a giant piano to see her pressing the keys softly.

"Hi." said Miles. Emilia turned around to look at him, narrowing her eyebrows.

"What are you doing here?" asked Emilia watching him sit next to her.