91- Y/n and Miles

Miles had taken a seat, watching as Emilia and Graham danced together. Emilia had glanced at Miles, the two of them making eye contact. Miles broke away, looking down at his feet. "Are you alright?" asked Miles as he seen Y/n come sit down next to him. She nodded behind her mask as he turned back to see Adrian coming back in. "Do you want to get out of here, I can't stand it any longer."

"What about Alicia?" asked Y/n.

"I'm sure if I just tell her it'll be fine. She's not even with me right now, doubt she'll miss me." said Miles. Y/n wiped the tears from behind her mask as Miles looked at her. "Come on."

"Where too?" asked Y/n as she followed Miles. They made their way out of the castle as he gave her his jacket.

"Anywhere but here, I couldn't stand seeing those two together. It makes me feel. . . funny." said Miles as he took his mask off. Y/n chuckled and nodded as she took hers off as well. "So, what happened?"

"Adrian's drunk and I went up to him because I'm not too sure where Joseph went but he left and I don't know I just wanted to go talk to him.. and he was saying all types of stuff. He didn't know it was me. . . and so he was just pouring his heart out to what he thought was a complete stranger." said Y/n as they walked by the black lake. Miles stopped as he sat down on a log and sighed, Y/n sitting down next to him.

"Where did you guys go?" asked Miles.

"I pulled him into the tunnels and I told him that of course it's not a secret that I want him but we can't be the same anymore. We'll break and that the stars weren't in line for us." said Y/n. Miles looked at her as her eyes watered. "Then he said we can rewrite the stars."

"And you said no one can rewrite the stars, didn't you?" said Miles as he looked at the still water. Y/n nodded as he wrapped his arm around her shoulder and pulled her into a hug. "I don't get it Y/n/n, you and Adrian were so good.. just because of one little mistake? That wasn't even true."

"It's not just that anymore.. there's another people involved.. Joseph.. Pansy. I would feel horrible if I ran back to Adrian." said Y/n. Miles made a face and looked down at her.

"Maybe think about your happiness instead of others. Look at Emilia, she— she hardly did anything with anyone and now she's playing with me and Graham and I think Lydia too." said Miles as he bit the inside of his cheek. "I can't blame her though. . . I did the same thing but you and Adrian are different, you're better than us."

———

Emilia watched as Miles left with Y/n. She narrowed her eyebrows and slowly pulled away from Graham. Adrian had noticed as well when Emilia made her way over to him. "You seen that, right?" said Emilia making a face.

"That was Miles, right?" asked Adrian. Emilia nodded, making a face.

"What's going on?" asked Graham.

"Nothing." said the both of them. Emilia turned back to Graham and shook her head, looking back at the door seeing Miles hand Y/n his jacket.

"Did something happen?" asked Emilia once again.

"We talked and I guess she basically told me we are done for real." said Adrian take another chug of his drink. Emilia sighed, resting her hand on Adrian's shoulder.

———

"Adrian and I are no different." said Y/n shaking her head. "We fell in love, mistakes were made and now were done."

"But you want him, don't you?" said Miles narrowing his eyebrows.

"I—I don't know." said Y/n. "As I hang out with Joseph, I realize his so different from Adrian."