143- Protective Brothers

July 23rd, 1998

Miles was watching Emilia sleep in his arms. He caressed her cheek, smiling softly. He covered her and got up, walking down the stairs to see Hayden, Nick and Diego. "Ah buenos días." said Diego crossing his arms. "At this point, you might as well live here."

Miles chuckled, taking a seat at the table. "Well, i've been wanting to run it past you all. . ." said Miles. Diego narrowed his eyebrows, looking at him. Hayden and Nick glanced at each other. "I think Emilia and I are old enough to live together. . . just us two. . ."

"You want to move out with her?" asked Hayden raising his eyebrows.

"Absolutely not." said Nick with a face. Miles looked at him. "No, she doesn't need to move out. Look Miles, you dating her right should be enough."

Hayden turned to his father who was looking at Miles. "I'm pretty sure that Miles is the only one who she feels safe around." said Diego turning to Nick.

"You love her a lot, right Miles?" asked Hayden. Miles nodded, sitting up.

"I'll never hurt her." said Miles narrowing his eyebrows. "She's all i've ever wanted and I want to be with her. I just think we can grow, just her and I."

"Miles, Emilia's been through a really hard year—"

"I know." said Miles cutting Nick off. "I know what she's been through, do you? Do you really know? She gets nightmares, Nick. Nightmares where I have to wake her up from because she's shaking and crying in her sleep. You see nobody can get near her without her tensing up. Nick, I love Emilia, okay? I know what's she's been through and I would never put her through it again! I hate when she's crying, I hated when she was away. You don't have to worry about her because I've got her."

Diego chuckled, nodding his head. "You do whatever she wants, mijo. I know she'll be happy with you." said Diego. Nick turned to his father, Hayden looking at Miles.

Emilia entered the kitchen, narrowing get eyebrows. "What's with all the yelling?" asked Emilia looking at the four men in front of her.

"No one was yelling." said Hayden handing her a cup of tea. She turned to Miles who smiled, opening his arms for her to go into.

"Esta bien." said Nick narrowing his eyebrows. Miles smiled, holding Emilia tighter.

"What?" asked Emilia.

"Nothing." said Miles kissing her cheek. Hayden and Nick looked at each other, exchanging the same expression.

———

Y/n was making breakfast, while Adrian started looking over files. "Enough of that." said Y/n handing him a plate. Adrian looked up at her, smiling. "Eat before you leave to St. Mungos."

"Thank you." said Adrian kissing her cheek. Y/n pulled his files away from him, narrowing her eyebrows.

"Adrian, eat." said Y/n with a smile.

"You're worrying about me but you're the one who has to go into the Ministry for work." said Adrian wrapping his arms around her. "And train."

"Keeps me stronger than you." said Y/n. Adrian made a face, narrowing his eyebrows. He put his arm out on the table, grinning.

"Arm wrestle." said Adrian. Y/n snorted, grabbing his head.

"Quick kiss?" asked Y/n. Adrian leaned forward to kiss her, Y/n winning him in the arm wrestle.

"You cheater!" said Adrian, jaw dropping. Y/n chuckled, kissing him.

"I'm stronger." said Y/n shrugging. She began to eat, Adrian smiling, joining her with breakfast.