Chapter-60

Dhalti raat ka ik musaafir
Subah alvida keh chala
Jeete jee tera ho saka na
Marke haq adaa kar chalaa

Sheryaar's pov (last one)

Life has become a joke for me! A sick joke without any humour. One year ago, exactly one year ago, I made the love of my life mine against her will, but did that give me peace? Happiness? Love? No, the answer is no! It gave me nothing but took many things from me. My two unborn kids, who didn't even get the chance to take birth in this world, I lost myself in the darkness of revenge! I have lost myself completely. I have lost the old Sheryaar, who could do anything for his jaan. I have done everything that I could to hurt her, but it never gave me the peace and satisfaction I wanted to feel. Whenever I tried to heal myself I got hurt more.

Now I have to marry Amina against my will. As if I would marry her. I won't do that at any cost! This engagement won't take place anytime soon. Only marrying her can make me the next Nawab, and I will do anything like that to claim something that was mine from birth. 

I have found a great guy for Amina, and she will marry him, not me. Only Marium has the right to give birth to my babies or even touch me. No other woman will ever take her place. I know she wants freedom from me, but my Jaan don't know that I will never give her freedom. Not now, not ever! She is mine, and she always will be mine. 

I am showing that I am happy with this marriage and doing it with my will, but that's not the truth. 

Currently, I am sitting with my family to select the engagement ring for Amina. I am not interested at all in this. Why should I select? Don't I have any other work? Why will I waste my time on this? But my Ammi Jaan asked me to choose, as Amina is my bride. Ridiculous! 

I don't understand why she is so fond of Amina. What does she have that my Ammi Jaan is dying to make my wife? Her being my maternal uncle's daughter?

I don't know, nor do I want to know, because I am not marrying her at any cost. I have planned to impregnate Marium again, and this time she will stick to me like a shadow when I am at home. When I am out, she will stay inside the room, and only my people will be around her. No risks will be taken at all. Two times I have lost my children, but not anymore. 

"Kuch pasand aya? (did you like anything?)" Ammi jaan asked 

"Ye wali (this one)" I pointed towards a random ring which was in front of me without bothering to check 

Marium came to give us tea, and I saw she was smiling a bit. Why is she even smiling? Is she really happy that I am getting married again? 

"Tumhari pasand kafi umda hai Sher. Bahut khubsurat anguthi hai. Amina ke haathon me jachegi. (Your choice is really great,  Sher. This ring is really beautiful. It will suit Amina's hand.)" She said while Marium was leaving from here, 

I couldn't stay here for another moment; that's why I got up and left from there. Everything is irritating me very much. I am on edge today, like something bad is going to happen. Very bad! I hope I don't have to be engaged with Amina. That will be the worst thing that happens to me. 

I was in my room when I heard shouting coming from downstairs. What's wrong now? Can't this people stay peacefully for a while? Always having chaos!

I went down immediately to find a commotion going on. 

"Kya hua hai? Kyu itna shor macha rahe hai sab? ( What has happened? Why are you making so much noise?)" I asked a maid who is crying and looking worried