Chapter-81

Author's pov 

Suryakanta is getting ready to go for her daily worshipping session. She will visit the temple near the royal palace where she goes everyday. Sometimes Chandrakanta accompanies her just like today. 

Both sisters are ready to go! Royal guards followed their princesses silently for their protection along with few maids.

"Hum kyu yaha aaye hai Didisa? Mahel me bhi to mandir hai na? (Why are we here sister? We have a temple in our palace as well right?)" Chandrakanta asked her sister 

"Hai to sahi parantu yaha hamare rajya ke niwasi aate hai to hum bhi aate hai. Ap bhi sada ayengi thik hai? (yes there is but all people of our kingdom come here that's why I come. You will always come here okay?)" Surykanta asked and chandrakanta nodded her head with a smile 

Both sisters reached the temple and Suryakanta frowned as she found Nayantara in the temple. She doesn't like Nayantara or any prostitutes for what they do, she hates those men as well who go to them. She will marry only that prince or king who is not characterless and doesn't go to prostitutes. If she is pure then why should her husband be not pure? It's wrong right? 

Nayantara was distributing things to the poor people in the name of Dharmendra as today is his birthday. The day when his Guru pita brought him in the Gurukula. That day is his birthday for him as he doesn't know the real date of his birth. He never bothered to celebrate his birthday before. His Guru Mata used to make Payasam (a sweet dish) for him on his birthday but after he left that place he stopped celebrating his birthday. 

It's Nayantara who celebrates it in her own way. She cooks for him and gives him gifts as well. She doesn't buy anything but make something special with her own hands and donate things to the needy ones. 

Suryakanta decided to ignore her presence and focus on her work but Chandrakanta had different plans. She was curious about what Nayantara was doing. She doesn't know who she is or what she does after all she is a kid. Nayantara was distributing prasad (offerings given to god) to everyone now and Chandrakanta being a kid wanted to have it. She visits the temple for the only reason that she will get tasty things to eat as prasad. 

She walked towards Nayantara and forwarded her hand to take prasad from her. Nayantara would have given her but after realising who she is she hesitated a bit. 

"Kya hua Humein prasad dijiye! (what happened give me prasad)" Chandrakanta said to Nayantara 

Who smiled at the kid in front of her and decided to give it to her anyways. It's God's offering that humans have nothing to do with it. 

She gave him the prasad but Before Chandrakanta could eat it Suryakanta shouted her name angrily. 

"Chandra! Kya kar rahi hai aap waha? (Chandra what are you doing there?)" Surykanta asked and came near her 

She was worshipping and Chandrakanta came here at that time. 

"Prasad le rahe hai Didisa. Kyu kya hua? (I was taking the Prasad sister! What happened?)" Chandrakanta asked not understanding what wrong she did 

"Rajkumari Mahadev ka prasad hai uska anadar na kare (Princes it's God's offering don't disrespect it)" Nayantara said softly looking at the ground 

Suryakanta looked at chandrakanta and said "Chandra ap Surekha ke sath mandir ke bhitar jaiye hum arahe hai (Chandra you go inside the temple with Surekha i am coming)" 

Chandrakanta nodded and went inside while eating the prasad. 

"Ab ek Nagarvadhu se sikhna hoga Humein kaunsi vastu ka kya mulya hai aur use kaise byabhar kare? Tumse to adhik hi jante hai hum! Waise kitna vichitra hai na jo Raatri ke andhkar me paap karti hai wahi din ke ujale me daan ka dhong karti hai paap mukt hone ke liye.