Chapter-82

Author's pov 

Suryakanta is sitting in front of the mirror and her maids are making her ready for tonight's function. It's her 18th birthday after all and not only this today a few kings and princes of other kingdoms are visiting Suryagarh as well. It's her father's order that she needs to be dolled up perfectly. She has done the annual rituals for her mother as well as its her death anniversary. 

She isn't feeling good at all she never does! Which daughter will? But she has to participate in the celebration as she is the princess. 

She sometimes thinks what would happen if her mother was alive? Would she have protected her? Would her father have behaved in a different way? It didn't seem like he loved her mother ever so expecting him to behave in a different way is useless. 

Chandrakanta is the only person who loves her unconditionally and she loves her as well after her there is only one person who adores her and think about her he is very special in her life she thanks God for sending him in her life as he is the only person who knows everything about her and Dharmendra's equation. He knows everything about her. It's a relief for her that after she is gone he will take care of everything. 

She looked at her reflection and sighed again she has to do this and maybe it's the last time she has to do this. Next year everything will change little did she knew everything will change for sure but not in the way she is expecting. 

On the other hand Dharmendra is a bit worried that tonight many people will visit Suryagarh. What if someone likes Suryakanta? But next moment he tells himself that who will marry her? Nor does she behave like a girl or dress up like that. She can mix in a group of guys easily if it wasn't for her feminine features. 

He is dressing up today as well as today is a big day after all his beloved princess is 18. 10 years have passed and still he is unable to take the revenge from her but very soon he will take it. 

He went out from his room and saw Chandrakanta who was struggling with extra heavy clothes. Her maids were not following her which made him frown. 

"Pranam choti Rajkumari ji. Ap akele kahan ja rahi hai? Apki Dasiya kahan hai? (Greetings young princess! Where are you going alone? Where are your maids?)" Dharmendra asked her Bending to her level 

He adores Chandrakanta very well; he saw her from her newborn stage. Such a cute and naughty girl she is. 

"Pranam Prajapati ji, hum to didisa ke kaksha me ja rahe hain. Humne hi mana kiya hamari dasiyon ko hamare piche aane se. Wo har samay hamare sath saye ki tarah ghumti hai. Humein woh pasand nahi. (Greetings Prajapati, I'm going to my sister's room. I asked my maids to not follow me. They always follow me like a shadow! I don't like it)" Chandrakanta said with a pout 

"Parantu hamari nanhi si Rajkumari kaise itne bhari vastra pehenke chal payengi akeli? (But how will our tiny princess walk with these heavy clothes on?)" Dharmendra asked with fake concerned face 

"Wahi to soch rahe hai! (That's what I'm thinking)" chandrakanta said sadly and looked at her dress 

Dharmendra laughed a bit at her cuteness but made sure that he wasn't loud because if she saw him laughing at her she would start crying for sure. 

"Kya hum apki kuch sahayata kare? (should I help you?)" Dharmendra asked her and she nodded eagerly. 

Dharmendra picked her small body up and carried him towards Suryakanta's room. Chandrakanta didn't mind being carried because she is getting tired because of the heavy dress she is wearing. Next time she will wear something light and then walk alone. 

"To Rajkumari ji kabse Abhyas arambh karengi ap? 5 varsh ki to ho gayi hai ap. (so princess from when will you start practising? You are already 5)" Dharmendra asked her and she scrunched her nose immediately shaking her head in no