- Chapter 5 -

He sees her clothes ripped to shreds, with only her jacket intact. It was too thick for them to break. It was meant for being out in the cold ocean of snow. He sobs and apologizes.

Apologizes for them leaving her here like this. Apologizes for him being so weak, so young. Apologizes for surviving, for her sacrifice.

He cleans her. He wipes as much of the dirty marks the men have left on her, and all of the liquid. He doesn't want any of this to touch his caring mother any longer. After he's done, he covers her with the blanket, and sits in front of her.

He says goodbye, though he doesn't really know how.

After, he tries his best to be grown. He's six years old now. He goes outside, stopping in front of the cabin. Their home. He grabs the shovel and begins. It takes a couple of hours, and by the end of it, he's exhausted and sore.

Though he can't stop now.

Before the raging snow can fill all of his hard work, he goes back into the cabin. Its dark now, the candlelight dimming. He tries to carry her, but he's too weak. So he pulls her by her feet, apologizing yet again.

He tries to make it as gentle as possible as he rolls her into the hole. Instead of letting the snow fill her resting place, he fills it by himself. He takes the now empty pot and makes it a tombstone.

Here lies his precious mother, who sacrificed everything for her undeserving son.

He goes back inside and waits in the cold.

Maybe she'll come back to him if he waits long enough.

Days pass, and his mother does not come back. He ends up getting angry at himself for believing something so foolish. He's seven now. He shouldn't be hoping for something as childish as that.

His stomach is growling so loudly and its at the point that it begins to hurt. He needs to eat something. The problem is that he doesn't really know if he could do it by himself. His mother had shown him the things he had to do. He had watched her over and over again.

But now he was all alone.

He had to do something, or he would surely die a slow and painful death. His clothes are still damp, and he doesn't know if he could handle being sick on top of being starved.

So he goes to his mothers grave and asks for her tombstone. He apologizes to her and thanks her, taking the pot and going into the cabin. He tries his best to start a fire, using a little of the twigs left from the cellar.

Another thing his mother had left for him. Every couple of months she would travel for days to get supplies, and Izuku would wait for her. The next time he runs out, it will be up to him to get the things he needs.