Chapter 25

Ji Hyun wanting to calm down wore her headphones and did her work while hearing music. Here Lee Rang wanted coffee so called her through intercom. 

After calling her three times he looked at her and saw she was busy in her world. He got up and went to her. He looked at her and realized that she has earphone in that’s why she can’t hear the intercom. He knocked on her table. 

Ji Hyun seeing a hand startled looked up. Seeing Lee Rang she removed her earphone and asked, “How can I help you sir?” 

Lee Rang smiled like he was angry and said, “Well for starters try avoiding music during work hours so you hear the intercom. Second please make me a coffee.” 

Ji Hyun apologized and went to make the coffee quickly. Lee Rang went back to his office. Ji Hyun was making coffee when Irene came and said, “Hey Ji Hyun! I’m so sorry, it’s just the rumors going around got into my head. I just said those things because I was worried for you. I hope you forgive me. I didn't mean it in a bad way.” 

Ji Hyun looked at her and said, “Well it’s okay, you realized your mistake, that’s the important thing, but please remember not to jump into conclusions from now on.”

Irene nodded and said, “I promise! Leave it I will make the coffee for you, tell me how do you like it?” Ji Hyun nodded a no and said, “No It’s okay, this coffee is for Mr. Lee.” 

Irene nodded and said, “Well if you want you can give me the coffee, I have to give some reports to him anyways.” Ji Hyun was skeptical about it. But seeing Irene act normal decided to give her the coffee. She making the coffee went out to see Irene standing there with a file. 

Ji Hyun handed her the coffee and went to her desk. Sitting down she saw Irene going in. She then resumed her work. 

Irene who heard a come in went in with the sweetest smile. Lee Rang who wanted the coffee looked up to see Irene and asked, “Yes?” 

Irene smiled and in a cringe soft voice said, “Sir I got you the coffee you asked for, plus I wanted to submit a file.” Lee Rang nodded and said, “Oh okay, keep it here on my table, you can go now.” 

Irene not wanting to go away said, “Well sir you can call me when you want to return the file, since Ji Hyun is so busy, you know she was annoyed that she had to make coffee for you, since she has so much work, so I made it and brought it for you.” 

Lee Rang, who didn’t care about her bringing the coffee, now  became interested and asked, “Oh really? Well then tell me how do I like my coffee?” Irene looked at him and smiled and replied, “I just made it how I like to have it, I hope you like it, well then I will take my leave, I have some other work.” 

Saying that Irene went out. Going out she sighed and looked at Ji Hyun and smiling said, “Sir told you a thank you.” Ji Hyun looked up and nodded. Irene left annoyed at the fact that Lee Rang didn’t believe her. She now knew that she had to try harder for him to notice her. 

Irene went back to her seat and sat down Ji Soo came and said, “Thanks for helping be deliver the file Irene! You are always ready to help.” Irene smiled and replied, “It’s my pleasure.” 

Lee Rang then looked at Ji Hyun who was working and called her in. Ji Hyun came in and Lee Rang said, “Did you ask Irene to deliver the coffee?” Ji Hyun asked, “Why sir did something happen?” Lee Rang nodded a no and said, “Well just, you deliver it from now on.” Lee Rang said that because he thought Irene trying to get in his good shoes was using Ji Hyun and defaming her.

Ji Hyun nodded not finding anything weird and asked, “Anything else sir?” Lee Rang nodded and said, “Hmm yes, I have work pending from Friday, so if you finish your work can you come help me sort out these documents?” 

Ji Hyun nodded and said, “Well give me the documents I will give it to you after I finish sorting it.” Lee Rang looked at the documents and said, “Well it’s a huge pile, wouldn’t it be better if you just sit here?” 

Ji Hyun looked at the pile and said, “Oh yes you are right. I will finish my work quickly and come here as fast as I can.” Lee Rang nodded and said, “Oh well can you bring some coffee when you come back?” 

Ji Hyun looked at the time and guessing that it will take her around seven pm said, “Sir should I bring you something else? Having a coffee would make you sleepless, tomorrow there is a important meeting at 9 am, how about I make you a cup of decaf coffee?”

Lee Rang thought for a while and said, “Yeah that would do as well!” Ji Hyun nodded and went out and started doing her job. 

It was around seven when Irene came to Ji Hyun and asked, “When do you finish your work? I would like to take you to dinner as an apology.” 

Ji Hyun smiled and said, “Oh please forget what happened, it’s all past now. Hmm I don’t know, I have to sort some papers Mr. Lee gives as well so it will take time probably, so you can go home.” 

Irene sighed in disappointment and said, “Ah you have so much work! Hwating!” Ji Hyun nodded and replied, “Yeah thanks!” Irene walked away in relief knowing she won’t have to spend money on Ji Hyun. 

Ji Hyun finished her work after ten minutes and went to make coffee for Lee Rang and herself. 

Here Lee Rang wanted a document printed so he called Ji Hyun, but not seeing her went out. He walked out and was about to assign someone else the job when Ji Hyun came with a tray with coffee and some snacks in it. 

Lee Rang then told her, “I was looking for you, I wanted a document printed.” Saying this he went away. Irene looking at them having a conversation glared with jealousy. 

She noticed Ji Hyun was having two cups of coffee in the tray. Seeing that she decided to stay back and see what Ji Hyun was up to, according to her Ji Hyun was trying to seduce Lee Rang so she could get his money and fame. 

Extra Scene 

Irene had fallen in love with Lee Rang the moment she saw him. It was his first day at the company, it was when he didn't work but just sat in his office and enjoy. 

He came and greeted them. Seeing him Irene instantly felt like they were meant to be together. She always found a way to talk to him, but since he didn't work she had almost no chance to talk with him. 

Finally he started working and Irene was on cloud nine. She knew that now's her chance to get close to him. But after a month of working seeing Ji Hyun get the chance of working as his secretary she felt betrayed. She thought that only she could be this close to him.