Chapter 30

"Sir, I think you should find a new secretary."

Hearing Ji Hyun's words Lee Rang looked at her seriously, the words shocked him, he was a little hurt inside. But he wanted to know why so he asked, "What happened, is there something wrong?"

Ji Hyun sighed, she didn't want to hide the situation but didn't want to create any unnecessary drama so she said, "Hmm it's just that, since Mr. Lee your brother said that the enemy would be attacking us in a corporate way, I think I should go back to my original position."

Lee Rang looked at her disappointed and asked, "Is that the only reason?" Ji Hyun hesitated but nodded a yes.

Lee Rang sighed and said, "Hmm you are right, I will look into it! Is there something else you want to talk about?" Ji Hyun nodded a no. Lee Rang then said, "Hmm you can go then."

Ji Hyun nodded and left. She sat on her seat and started to feel bad and whispered, 'Why do I feel bad when it's the right thing to do?' 

Here Lee Rang started to wonder just what happened suddenly. He wanted to decline but knew what she said was right, and she couldn't always be his secretary since that's not the position she applied for. He thought 'just what happened that she suddenly wants to do so. She was in a bad mood after coming back, did something happen? Did I do something?'

Not being able to think anything he decided that for now he should follow what she says, because she isn't wrong and he can't burden her like that. He called his brother and said, "Hyung find me a secretary."

Hearing this Lee Yeon laughed and asked, "Oh did Ji Hyun get tired of you already?" Lee Rang sighed and said, "She says since you predicted that it's going to be a corporate war she should go back to the position which was given to her."

Lee Yeon hmms and says, "Well she isn't wrong, but what did you do that she reacted like that?" Lee Rang frustrated about this topic as well in a irritated tone said, "I don't know myself what happened! While we had lunch she seemed to enjoying herself! She even gave me a boiled egg, I don't what happened to her suddenly."

Hearing this Lee Yeon smiled, he caught his brother, his brother is finally accepting the fact that he likes her. He than said, "Oh so you finally accept that you like her?"

Lee Rang who was frustrated said, "Yes- I mean that's not the topic hyung, you are talking something else!" Lee Yeon sighed and decided not to push his buttons now and said, "Well we can talk about this after work, come to my house."

Lee Rang sighed and said, "Hmm okay, let's meet later." Saying that he ends the call.

He resumed his work and signing the files he called Ji Hyun to take them. Ji Hyun entered and asked, "Yes sir?" Lee Rang forwarded the files and said, "Give them back, I signed them and get me a coffee when you come back."

Ji Hyun nodded and said, "Yes sir!" Saying this she took the file in her hands and exited. She went to Jisoo and gave her the files. Jisoo then said, "Irene shi, can you go and explain the theme we decided to Mr. Lee and get his approval?"

Irene smiled happily and said, "Of course!" Saying that she went to Lee Rang's cabin and Ji Hyun went to make some coffee.

She made the coffee and entered. Irene looked and seeing her she made an angry face. Ji Hyun walked up with the coffee towards Lee Rang. Irene decided that she would trip Ji Hyun and fake saving her so the coffee would fall on herself so she can gain Lee Rang's attention.

Irene forwarded her leg to trip her but she ended up getting her leg twisted so she stumbled sideways in real and bumped with Ji Hyun causing her to lose balance, she tried to balance herself for a few seconds but failed. Lee Rang seeing this got up and went to save Ji Hyun.

He held Ji Hyun in one hand and pushed the coffee mug away as it was about to burned Ji Hyun causing him to get burn instead in the process.

He pulled Ji Hyun towards him causing Ji Hyun's lips to touch his shirt and leave a mark. He then made her stable and asked, "Are you okay?" Ji Hyun ignored his question and getting tissues started to dry his hand and said, "Sir are you mad!? How could you let yourself get burn! The coffee was so hot!"

Lee Rang just looked at her worried expression making him smile, he softly answered, "Well I couldn't let you get burned." Ji Hyun looked at him angrily and said, "Then don't let yourself burn as well!" Saying this she went to the pantry and got a ice bag and the first aid box and rushed back to his office.

While Ji Hyun was away Lee Rang turned to Irene and asked, "If you can't handle heels don't wear them! Things could have gotten worst!" Irene who was in the middle of processing what happened and how she f*cked up went to Lee Rang and bowed down and said, "I'm really sorry sir it must hurt a lot!! I'm really sorry!"

Saying this she took a tissue and was about to wipe his clothes but Lee Rang backed off and coldly said, "You get out for now, I will listen to the idea later." Seeing his expression Irene bowed and said, "I'm really sorry sir!" Ji Hyun entered while she was apologizing.

She went to Lee Rang and puts the ice bag on his hand. While Irene looked at her with jealousy. Lee Rang noticed the look and glared at her. Irene feeling his gaze looked at him and Lee Rang eyed her to get out. Irene left from there annoyed.

Ji Hyun worriedly said, "I'm so sorry sir, it must be hurting so much. I should have been more careful!" Lee Rang smiled at her concern and said, "It's okay it wasn't your fault, that girl stumbled upon you."

Ji Hyun sighed and looking at him said, "You shouldn't get yourself hurt while saving someone else! You would have gotten badly hurt."

She held the ice bag and massaged it on his hand. Lee Rang sighed and said, "I can do that myself, give it to me." Ji Hyun nodded a no and said, "I'm already doing it sir, so let me do it, follow me."

Saying that she dragged him to the couch and sat him down, while sitting besides him and started to blow air on the burned area and said, "Ah it must burn a lot." Lee Rang answered, "It does a little."

Ji Hyun sadly pouted. After ten minutes she removed the ice bag and wipied th water off his hand slowly and started to apply ointment. She then warped a bandage and said, "If it still burns after ten minutes we should go to an hospital."

Lee Rang held her hands and said, "Calm down Ji Hyun shi, it's a normal burn, it will heal in a few days." Ji Hyun just sighed and said, "Sir for now we should get you home, you should rest."

Lee Rang disagreed and said, "It's a normal burn, it's okay." Ji Hyun nodded a no and said, "No, your working hand got burned, we can't risk it, let's get you home. You should rest for a few days."

Saying this she got up and forced Lee Rang to get up and after taking their belongings took him to his home.

Extra Scene

Irene got out and everyone was looking at that direction as they noticed Ji Hyun going in with ice bag and first aid.

Seeing Irene lump Jisoo asked, "Is everything okay?" Irene nodded a no and said, "I twisted my leg and bumped into Ji Hyun, Mr. Lee in the process to save her got burned and scolded me."

Everyone looked worried and Mr. Park asked, "Is sir badly burned?" Irene nodded a no and said, "Ji Hyun is treating him. What should I do now? What if sir hates me?"

A colleague replied, "Well you should have been more careful, is Ji Hyun okay?"

Irene, hearing him ask about Ji Hyun, annoyedly replied, "Of course! She was saved by Mr. Lee."

Realizing her time she cleared her throat and said, "Ah sorry my leg was in pain so my tone went up, we should resume our work."

All hit back to work and after a few minutes Ji Hyun and Lee Rang left. Seeing the bandage Eun Jae said, "Looks like it is serious." All nodded and resumed their work.