Chapter 3

I honestly thought this only happened in shows  or movies, even books.. but no the words that just came out of the mouth of the man I have loved and still do, for 6 years, were real. He wanted to open our marriage of 3 years, a marriage I thought we were both happy in, to see other people... to love other people; romantically.

"Seung-?"

"Why...?" I asked and looked up at him, my vision blurring as tears flooded my eyes.

"What do-"

"Why.. why do you want" I took a moment not even wanting to say the words.. "that. Why do you want to do that?" 

"An open marriage?" He asked cluelessly.

"Yes.."

"Well I-"

"Did you fall out...? Is there miscommunication going on? Do I... do I not love you enough? The way you want me to?" He looked like he wanted to say something but he couldn't, so I took the chance to continue. "Did I do something wrong? I'm really not understanding this Minho. I- I try my best, I do what I can Minho! I cook almost everyday, there is literally food that I made today for us to eat after you got off work! I work hard, I talk to you, I make sure you're okay! So tell me what it is! Do I not satisfy you? Is that what it is? Because if that's the cause then I fix it. I can work on-"

"Seungmin... it's not you, it's me.. and I know that might be a typical thing to say but that's what's happening. I loved you for 5 years— and I still do! But I can't help but feel attached to someone else at the same time. Someone I wanna share my love with as well, and someone I want to care about." He took both of my hands in his and look at my with glossy eyes. "Please believe me when I tell you I love you the same as before and no one will change that. And if you feel the same way then you'll be able to understand why I want to do this and you'll accept it. And it won't just be me with other people. You can too." The entire time he was talking, tears were flowing. I couldn't believe that this was actually happening.

"But I don't wanna be other people... I love you and only you.." he wiped my tears and took that same hand and rested it on my cheek.

"I know but if you love me as much as you say you do then you'll be able to respect my decision babe." He was using my love for him to his advantage. Using something so valuable to get the way that he wants. 

"I love you Minho, you know that...." I took a deep breath in "and because I love you..."

"I'll accept it. I'll accept an open marriage."

I must be a fucking  idiot.