Chapter 21

"Nothing!" I said standing up and walking to the front of the desk.

"It didn't seem like nothing..."  he said while walking closer.

"You're right Hwang! Which is something I'd never admit. But you're in fact right." I said backing up as he got closer. "I was just dropping off some stuff.."

"Mhm."

"Hey! Weren't you in like... a meeting?" I asked.

"No. I don't have a meeting until tomorrow. But you know that right? You are my secretary after all." He said trapping me between him and the desk.

"So.. why.."

"I told them to." He said looking me dead in my eyes. 

"What?"

"I told them to tell you, that if you asked them to give me something, I was in a meeting." He said leaning closer.

"W-why?" 

"Because I was tired of you avoiding me. It's been 3 days since you disappeared from my office when I told you to stay right here." He tilted his head and leaned closer. Me? I was ready to accept whatever was going to happen. Which was wrong because I was expecting our lips to connect, and I was just going to sit there and accept it. So I closed my eyes and waited. 

But instead I felt a heavy weight on my shoulder and arms wrapped around me so I opened my eyes.

"I missed you..." he said. He missed me? 3 days and he missed me? Typical Hwang behavior.

I didn't know how to respond so I just returned the embrace. "Me too..." I said patting his back. But then he suddenly pulled away from the hug which caught me by surprise.

"What's this?" He asked with a shock look on his face. 

"What's what?"

"You said you missed me too" he pouted "And you hugged me back." 

"Yeah..?" I said. I mean I really didn't know what else to do. And Hwang was going to hug me every time he saw me so I might as well get used to it. We'll be seeing each other a lot.

"Is this what you meant by you'll make it up to me? If so then I think I want this to continue for forever." He smiled. 

I didn't really know what I was going to do to make it up to Hwang, but since he was putting an idea out there that seemed easy, who am I to decline?

"What? Is this not what you meant by it?" He asked.

"Well I didn't really have a set plan..." 

"Great." He said "Then go on a date with me."

"What? Why?" I asked with wide eyes.

"You wanna make it up to me don't you?"

"Yeah bu—"

"Perfect! We'll go to that cafe I saw online. The one I texted you about! It's really cute!" He said pulling his phone out from his pocket. 

"You don't have to show me. I already saw it." I said as I watched him try to find the image. "But that cafe isn't really something you'd like..."

 "How do you know?" He smirked "Taken interest in my likes and dislikes?" 

"No!" I cleared my throat, "It's just more of a..."

"Your thing? Yeah I know! That's why I wanted to go! I heard they also have little... what are those things? Blind something! They come with your drink!" He explained excitedly to me.

"But... if I'm supposed to make it up to you, why are we going somewhere that I like instead of somewhere you like?" I asked and he lowered his hands.

"Exactly! If you like it I love it! Plus seeing you happy makes me happy, and making it up to someone is making them happy. And if your making it up to me which is making me happy then we have to go somewhere where you're happy in order to—"

"Okay! I get it.. I get it.." I said. If I didn't stop him my brain was going to explode. "So when are we going?" 

"I'll tell you later but right now I—"

Then there was a knock at the door. 

"Mr. Hwang?" 

"Yes?!" He shouted back. 

"All the files are finished, did you want me to give them to you? Mr. Kim isn't at his desk."

"Just leave them at Seu- Mr. Kim's desk, he'll be back soon. 

"Okay!"

Once the person left from the other side of the door, Hwang looked at me and started laughing at me. "What's so funny?!" 

"Your face." He said "You should see it right now. You look like you've been accused of murder." He managed to get out in between his laugh. 

"Whatever. I have work to do." I glared at him and walked away. 

"See you later! Don't forget to check your phone!" He said. Me? I smiled. Why? I wasn't sure.... 

Was I....

Feeling it again...?