Chapter 9

(Word Count: 1022)

It had been three weeks since our relationship opened. And three weeks since Minho had been barely coming home, and if he did it would be on the most random days. There was something that I really wanted to talk to him about but her was never fucking here! And here I was working my ass off from 5 a.m. to 6 p.m.. Fuck overtime working. As I was in the thought process of throwing my fucking computer across the room, someone knocked on the front door. It might be Felix, it's been a while since we last talked anyway. I got up from my chair and dragged myself to the door, I had no energy to even hold a conversation so I'm just going to hope he's here to talk my ears off and all I have to do is act like I'm listening. I lazily opened the door.

"Hi Feli—" I said with a sigh but I got cut off.

"SURPRISE!" Someone yelled, I looked up to see Minho standing with a smile on his face and a bunch stuff in his hands. And by stuff I mean flowers and a bunch of bags. 

Why the fuck was yelling? Was he trying to destroy my eardrums? I already can't see. "What are you yelling for? It's twelve o'clock in the afternoon. I'd like to still have my ears at the age of 23." I said still holding the door. 

"Well, cuz I can, and because I wanted to surprise you!" He said walking into the house. I shut the door behind him and followed him to the kitchen. 

"Is that why you knocked on the door?" I ask, leaning my back against the wall. 

"That, and I forgot my keys." He said giving me a guilty smile. I hummed in response, getting off the wall. I was going to walk out when he stopped me. "Wait!~" I sighed. I seriously don't feel like talking to him and even if I did I have to get back to work. But I turned back around and he walked to me with a smile. "Here! These are for you!" He said hold the same flowers he had at the door in my face. "I know I haven't been here in a while, and even when I am, I'm only here for a minute. So I wanted to get you something to make it up to you." He reached out to give them to me, and reluctantly accepted them. "Look! They're your favorite too!" He said pointing at them.

I should have throw these flowers in his handsome fucking face. Because these weren't my favorite flowers and I couldn't tell if he was being a straight ass, or he just doesn't remember. Sure roses are romantic and all I like them. It would have been cute if he just said 'I got you some flowers' but no, he called them my favorite. My favorites are 'Matthiola Incana', but I had no fucking energy to say anything, and I didn't have time to argue because my computer is still running and I'm still on the clock. So I thanked him and gave him the best smile that I could build up and went back to my office. But I was followed.

"Minnie, is something wrong?" He said as he walked into my office and sat in the chair on the other side of the desk. 

"No, nothing's wrong. Why do you ask?" I said setting the flowers down on the self behind me and sitting down in my chair. 

"I don't know, you just seem...dead inside right now." He said shrugging his shoulders.

"Well Minho, I'm in the middle of working and I've been working since five o'clock in the morning so tell me if you'd look all nice and put together right now. Plus I'm sitting in my own house, so there isn't really a reason for me to look pretty right, now is there?" I was slightly annoyed, about a lot of things. In fact I was annoyed about so many things that I could probably make a whole ancient scroll about them. And him sitting here with his pretty face, and his smiling attitude while I'm trying to work isn't helping. I was so close to cursing him out.

"O....kay.." he said while sitting back in his chair. "Do you want to talk about anything..? You seem really stressed." 

Oh. I did have something to tell him. He was finally being useful today. "Yes I do actually."

"What is it?" He asked as if he was hoping I had something to talk about. Even if I didn't he probably wouldn't mind, as he literally has another liver he can talk to. And yes, I will continue to mention it, as it is the most heart breaking experience I've ever experienced.

"Next week there's the high school reunion. And I'm going. Which might seem out of my comfort zone, because it is, but I'm going. I just wanted to tell... Why are you looking at me like that." He was giving me this.. crazy ass look. "Can you not make it? That's fine, it's not like I was expecting you—"

"No no no, I can make it. I'll be there." He said. I nodded at him and continued my work. There was an awkward silence between us and the only thing that could be heard was me typing and clicking my mouse. It lasted for a good 5-6 min until he cleared his throat. "Well—"

"You're going back out? That's fine, I'll try not to have too much fun without you." I was being sarcastic if he didn't notice. "It's not like I'll be doing anything here anyway." I mumbled.

He got up from the chair and pushed it back it. "I'll see you later Minnie." I learned that his now meaning of 'later' is saying by that he'll be back in the next few days and possibly drop by in between. 

When he finally left I left out a sigh of relief. Not that I didn't want him around it's just that I was glad all this awkward tension was gone. I picked up my phone and unlocked it. 

Minnie🐶, Lixie 🌻, Binnie🍕

Minnie🐶

I'll go to the damn thing.