Chapter 42

After an unimportant phone call, Seungmin went back downstairs hoping that Hyunjin didn't leave, not that he would...right?

"Good! You're still here!" Seungmin sighed in relief.

"I told you I wasn't going anywhere." Hyunjin shrugged finally putting down the bottle of wine he was investigating the whole time.

"Right.." Seungmin mumbled  as he walked towards the table Hyunjin was seated at and sat across from him.

There was a silence that had a different vibe for the two; Hyunjin was more comfortable with the silence, knowing that he knew how to play the whole situation out. Seungmin however was...panicking. He had just confessed his feelings to someone who hadn't said anything about it but yet was sitting right across from him. Was Hyunjin going to reject him now that he knows about Minho? 

"Can you love two people Minnie?" Hyunjin said snapping Seungmin out of his thoughts

"Huh?"

"Well you're married to Minho but you confessed your feelings to be, which you said is probably more than like. So..." Hyunjin explained his question.

Seungmin sighed before even thinking about it. Is it possible? Well yeah you can love two people at the same time but they wouldn't be the same level of love right? That's like asking if you love your first love and love your mother or something. But then again...does he love Hyunjin? And if he does...what about Minho? What'll happen if-

"What's wrong..?" Hyunjin asked noticing that Seungmin was staring at nothing deep in thought.

"It's just that I never thought about it...I probably should have before..."

"Before what?" 

"Remember when I..." Seungmin cleared his throat, "Bumped into your car..?" He asked scratching the back of his neck.

"Oh! You mean when you crash  into me?" Hyunjin teased and Seungmin rolled his eyes, "Yeah I remember." He chuckled.

"A few days before that...I found out that Minho was seeing someone else.." Seungmin said leaning back in the chair.

"Oh..." 

"Yeah, that same night he asked me for an open marriage. I thought that I did something wrong...or wasn't doing enough, if I'm honest I still kind of feel that way. But he told me that it wasn't me and that he just couldn't help loving another person. He told me I could see someone else but I didn't know how I was supposed to do that." Seungmin sighed, "Also during that same night he left...for a date I guess but he didn't come back until later actually a few days later. And slowly we stopped hanging out and he was barley here, I asked him to show up for one thing and that was the reunion but he bailed last minute and..."

"And then I showed up and you lied to me." Hyunjin said.

"I swear that wasn't my intention!" Seungmin defended, "It's just that you..." He paused.

"I? I what?" 

"Nothing forget about it." 

"Tell me!" Hyunjin said.

"No." Seungmin said sternly.

"Why not?" Hyunjin frowned.

"Because it's...it's embarrassing. Now let's move on." Seungmin said, "As I was saying, it really wasn't my intention to lie to you like that. Like I told you before I hate lying...I can't lie. It's obvious when I do." He cleared his throat, "And I guess now is the time to come clean and tell you that when I lie my hands-"