Laxus x OC ~ Big Softie

Laxus sat at the bar of a restaurant drinking, trying to forget some of his past. He'd dealt with his issues and mostly he'd pulled himself out of the rage but there were still times when he felt so low.
He sighed taking another long drink.
It was times like these he needed Arvis with him.
"LAXUS!" was yelled right in his ear startling him. He spit out the alcohol on his mouth, spraying it all over the bar.
He coughed gathering himself and glared at the idiot next to him.
But his fury subsided seeing a terrified looking Juvia.
"Quickly Laxus! You have to come quickly." She pulled on his arm making him budge no more than an inch.
"What's wrong?" he questioned getting up.
"There's a monster attacking Fairy Tail! Master said to get you. You would defeat the monster." She pulled on his arm further, with as much success.
Laxus rolled his eyes sitting back down. "Gramps can handle it. You don't need me" he growled.
"Master said to tell you it's about Arvis if you refused."
Laxus froze. He turned to her. "What about her?" His insides felt like tangled cords as worry made him tense.
"I don't know. Master just told me to say that."
Damn that old man, Laxus growled to himself.
He slammed his mug on the bar top and stood up. He pulled his coat over his shoulder and pulled Juvia along with him.

At Fairy Tail~~

Master stared sadly at the scene before him.
Arvis was in a fury like none he'd ever seen before. He knew she was powerful but seeing it all unleashed was another thing.
And his family had done their best in trying to contain her but he feared they'd made it worse. Natsu and Gray laid on the ground looking hurt and exhausted.
He knew about her power but only one person really knew the true extent.

She roared. A painful sound. Both hurting the ears of all around and sounding miserable and pained.
Covering his ears he stared across the yard at the girl with pity. Arvis was a kind spirit and figured she was in more pain than it looked.
"Gramps!"
Markov looked behind him and saw Laxus and Juvia running over with their ears covered just as his.
"What's going on?!" Laxus yelled.
The ear piercing roar stopped and Master Markov gazed at her to make sure she was okay.
"I don't know any specifics of why but Arvis is on a rampage."
He gazed at the furious girl. She was hunched slightly, panting and looking frantically at the Wizards that surrounded her. Her usual calm dark eyes were wide and crazed. Her red hair whipped around from the dark aura around her. Horns had grown a top her head and fangs gleamed in her open mouth.
"She surprised us all, attacking with brute force and blind rage."
"How long has it been going on?" Laxus asked.
"Almost an hour" his grandpa answered. "It's been like this the entire time. I don't understand how she can keep up such power. But I know you're close with her. If anyone can reach her it's you."

Laxus walked closer and saw some of his fellow guild members on the ground groaning.
"Who of you touched her?" Laxus asked.
"What?" Natsu asked groggily from the ground.
"How many of you touched her skin?!" Laxus growled.
Inside he was a mess. He'd never seen her like this. There was no fear inside of him, only worry.
"Natsu, Gray, and Elfman" Erza said kneeling next to Natsu.
"Tch" Laxus growled. Of course Elfman would charge in. That's just what he needed to deal with.
"What does that have to do with anything?" Lucy asked.
Laxus sighed. "A major part of her magic is copying that of her opponents. When someone touches her she gains the mastery of it as the wizard. So she now has all their power."
Lucy gasped.
"Then how do we defeat her?" Erza asked.
"Leave it to me."
Erza gasped. "But Laxus, even you can't take her on by yourself."
"I'll be fine."
Laxus walked slowly towards her.
Her crazed eyes quickly targeted him and she attacked.
She used his own lightning against him which he countered.
"Arvis!" he yelled.
She growled and jumped away.
She ran to attack again and Laxus lowered his guard. She realizes this and stopped her attack before she hurt him. She stopped right in his face.
She stared in his eyes and it was sad for Laxus to see her eyes in such a state. To see her in this state was misery for him. He saw the pain in her eyes, buried under the manic.
"Arvis" he whispered. He gently cupped her face. "Enough" he cooed.
She reciprocated grabbing his face, roughly as her nails scratched his face.
She opened her mouth and a mangled sort of groan/whine came out.
He then knew she recognized him.
Her dark aura wrapped around him and they began to levitate.
She stared into his eyes and a weird sort of fury darkened her eyes. He saw it overtake her pain and recognition.
She seemed about to attack when he snapped a collar around her neck.
The darkness and fury drained. Her eyes rolled back and they sank back down to the ground.
He held her up as she was panting. She looked exhausted. "Laxus" she whispered in a pained voice. She groaned, reaching for the back of her neck.
Laxus spun her and saw a beetle looking dark machine imbedded in the back of her neck.
Laxus immediately knew that this had something to do with her rampage.
He carefully removed it and she instantly went limp in his arms.

1 Week Later

Arvis had woken up and was briefed about what happened. They'd discovered that the strange machine was to drive people into unstoppable rages. It also boosted stamina, allowing their power to last longer.

Arvis was ordered to stay in bed against her protests but having enough broke out when she was alone.
She quickly padded down to the ground floor of the guild and saw all her friends talking and laughing.
Then in the corner keeping to himself was Laxus, drinking a mug and looking slightly out of place.
Arvis barreled into his chest knocking his drink out of his hand and snuggling herself into his lap, chest, and neck.
"Arvis!" he said. "You're supposed to be in bed."
"I know but I missed you" she whispered.
Laxus pet her head and pulled her closer to him. "I'm so glad your better" he murmured into her hair.
Laxus never wanted to see her in so much pain.