Dragons

Caine:

I huffed in annoyance. Stupid Sam dragging me along to this stupid land. I wanted to go back to my land.
"Stop pouting" Sam said looking at some swords.
"I don't see why I had to come. I should be back on our land protecting it."
"No one is stupid enough to attack your land with or without you there. Besides even if they did you could track them down no problem."
I huffed again, some smoke coming out of my mouth.
We walked down a market street, Sam determined to find some new swords. He said i needed a break.
It seemed some of the civilians had figured out i was a dragon and were giving me scared looks.

We'd been here for hours and I was beyond irritated. Damn Sam.
We were walking to the hundredth shop when some punk ran into me.
"Watch were you're going!" I growled.
The punk scoffed. "Make me asshole" he quipped.
My eyes glowed red. I snarled and spun. My hands turned into claws and i felt the skin around my face scaling.
The idiot saw my transformation and yelled. He fell back on the ground and looked up at me terrified.
"What was it you said to me? Make you? I think i can."
I raised my claw.
Then out of nowhere another dragon flew down, landing over the idiot boy. I stared at her shocked. She was beautiful. Her scales were a muted black with some iridescence, shining in the sun. She roared at me, right in my face. Her eyes were a brilliant green, glowering at me.
We stared at each other. Her eyes dared me to continue to attack. It was obvious that she protected this land and these people.
I lowered my hand.
She huffed and smoke bellowed out and into my face.
"Caine" Sam called. "Perhaps we've overstayed our welcome. Let's go."
I ignored him for a few moments still staring with this new dragon. She was so strange. I'd never seen a dragon that looked like her.
I blew out some smoke, telling her i wasn't backing down. "Teach your humans some manners" I said.
She gave another huff agreeing, but at the same time not backing down either.
"Let's go Sam."
Sam and I left, the way we came.

Manza:

After the dragon and his friend were out of sight I quickly flew back to my den. The humans cheered for me, but i paid them no mind. I quickly got back to my home and tried to ignored the rapid beating in my chest. I can't believe i just stood up to the metal dragon. He's one of the strongest dragons alive. My den was a spacious cave a top the mountain that over looked the village.
Safely back in my den i changed back to my human form. I put a hand to my heart and felt the hard beating. I hope he doesn't come back. I can't fight him.

It had been almost a full week since the incident and everything had been quiet. But then around noon i heard four distinct thuds. There more than just thuds though. They were a dragons tail hitting against the ground. It was a summoning for any dragon in the area.
I quickly ran to my cliff and then jumped. I transformed and my wings caught the wind. I propelled myself towards the sound. It was coming from the village. A rock sank in my gut but at the same time my heart began to beat faster.
Please don't be him.
My fears came to be true when i saw his majestic silver dragon standing in the middle of market street. I landed across from him and took no time in showing my dominance. This was my land and his intrusion was very unwelcome. I roared with as much venom as i could muster for how terrified i actually was. My wings expanded making me as big as possible.
My show seemed to have no effect on him at all. He stood there in all his glory, looking only curious.
The metal dragon was a shiny silver color with black around his claws muzzle and tip of his tail, and red eyes that were told in stories to be the last things villages saw before being destroyed.
He grumbled from deep in his belly, with some smoke blowing out.

"What is the meaning of this?" I growled.
"I want your land, and this village."
I gasped shocked. "What? Why?"
"This market is one of the best. Travelers come from far lands to shop here."
I snarled, baring my teeth. "This is my land. You have plenty of your own."
He took a couple steps forward. I braced myself, sinking my claws into the ground.
I was about to pounce, when i realized we were in the middle of town. If we fight here we'd kill all the humans.
I stared at him and and then ran at him. He seemed stunned for a moment but ready for whatever i could throw at him. I spun at the last minute, slapping him with my tail, and then took off flying.
He growled and took off after me.
I was pushing my wings as fast as i could, but he tackled me in mid air, I screeched as i went falling down. I was getting close to the ground when a tail wrapped around me, and his claws grabbed onto me. Instead of a hard crash i was gently dropped on the ground. I oriented myself and shook off the dirt and grass.
He landed across from me and stared at me.
"What was that about?"
"Why are you fighting this?"
I looked at him confused. "What? You taking over my land? Any dragon would."
He cocked his head to the side. "Do you not feel it?"
"Feel what?"
"You're heart beating so fast. I felt it with just my tail around you. Do you not know about Lazus?"
"What's that?"
He huffed. "You are a child."
I blew out some smoke. "I am not. I'm nearly a thousand."
He snorted. "As I said, a child." He came closer. "Lazus is the theory of soulmates for us."
"Lazus?"
He nodded and circled around me. I tried my best to keep my eyes on him as he walked around me sniffing. "Yes. It's how we find our true loves. Have you not been questioning why you felt so weird around me?"
"I was just chalking it up to you being the most feared dragon on this continent."
He smirked. He rubbed up against me and butterflies broke out in my tummy. I felt light and weird. I fought against it and barred my teeth at him.
"Don't touch me" I snapped.
"Don't be so stubborn little one."
I spun to face him and snapped my jaws right in his face. "I don't take kindly to belittling."
"You really are stubborn, you know that. And i wasn't belittling you. I gave you a nickname."
"So what's your point anyway."
"The point is little one that you are my Lazus."
I scoffed. "Please."
I was suddenly tackled. I was on my back with him on top of me. "This is no joking matter. I've been looking for my Lazus for the past 900 years" he said angrily. "The goddess for some reason thinks its you."
"How come only you feel it?" I questioned interrupting him. "If we're mates shouldn't i feel something?"
"You do princess, you're just fighting it and ignoring it so you can continue to fight against me." He got off of me. "This isn't over" he said. Then he took off flying. Leaving me there stunned.