Queen of the Fallen 3

Amora decided that while Meena healed they would pause their training. She needed to see how her wing would heal before they moved on. 

Instead of ordering her groceries like she tended to do she thought a trip out of the house would be good for the small angel. 

They started at a farmers market. She had to use her powers to hide the sheet that hung around Meena's body as it would look odd to have a sheet floating around her back as humans couldn't see angel wings until an angel willed them to. If humans could see the wings they might be amazed at how many times they pass angels. 

They had just gotten out of the car when Amora sensed an unwelcome presence. Gabriel was near. 

But near meant he was stood on a cloud in the sky looking down on them. She acted normal for Meena's sake as she tried to figure out what Gabriel was doing. 

The market place had wagons and carts for people doing a lot of shopping, and Meena had been excited to ride in a wagon. 

As Gabriel didn't do anything, she figured he wouldn't attack with all the humans around and went about shopping, though never letting down her guard. 

Amora found out that Meena had a great love for fruits, wanting all sorts of colorful fruits and no vegetables. But her true prize seemed to be the giant watermelon sat between her little egs as she smiled happily.

They had moved past the fresh produce and into more of the thrift stands. Amora didn't pay them much attention, but realized how fascinated Meena was at all the new things. 

They were slowly passing one that had hundreds of stuffed animals when Meena squealed. "Mommy!" she cried. 

Amora looked at her with furrowed brows.

She clumsily climbed out of the wagon, though it hadn't even stopped completely stopped yet. She ran up to the high table, her eyes just barely making it to the edge. "That bear!" she cried. "It looks just like the one mommy gave me. I lost it when we left." 

She reached for the bear, straining her arms, but she was more than a tad too short. She strained desperately, making little noises as she tried her hardest. 

Amora grabbed it easily, handing it to her. Meena gazed at it in awe, her eyes practically sparkling. "It even has the missing eye, and mommy's surgery scar!" Meena said amazed. She looked up at Amora with puppy dog eyes. "Can I get please? Please!!" she pleaded. 

Amora nodded, not sure how to feel about the bear. But she handed Meena some money no less. She ran over to the store owner and handed her the cash, hugging tightly onto her bear. 

Amora could smell the blood on the bear. It was her original bear. I reeked of a mixture of things. Meena, angel, and shifter. 

And she also knew how it got there. 

While Meena spoke with the stand owner Amora looked over her shoulder where the foul angel stood in the clouds. 

Gabriel watched the two hybrids shop, trying not to look at the limp wing that hung from the small child's back. 

He put the bear there if only to make himself feel better. 

He never meant to harm her, especially her wing. She had just thrashed soo much, he grabbed her too hard forgetting how fragile humans were. His only intention was to capture the girl.