Queen of the Fallen 5

Vernon knew of a wide variety of packs. While with Gabriel he had met many people, seen many things. He'd made contacts and bonds with creatures, beasts, and almost every type of supernatural. 

They had gone through his initial list of shifters but after hearing the whole story they declined. Vernon thanked them for their time and both parties went the other way. 

The second week of their serach started and Amora was starting to get agitated. 

"I told you this would happen" Vernon said. 

He looked to Amora sitting in the passenger seat next to him in his car. 

"Shut up Vernon" Amora snapped. "You're picking the wrong shifters."

Vernon looked at her offended. "Okay, tell me why,e ven though i know infinitely more about shifters than you." 

She smirked at him, turning to meet his stare. "All these shifters have big packs."

"All shifters have packs" he told her. "That's how they live. It's part of their instinct."

"Yes, but they all had BIG packs" she emphasized. "There's too much to put on the line. We need a small pack that aren't necessarily traditional" she explained. 

Vernon looked at her in shock and awe. 

She rose a brow. "Surprised?" she teased. 

"That, and I think I know the perfect pack." 

Another exciting flight for Meena later and they landed in northern Michigan. They landed in field hidden by thick forest around it. 

Meena squealed with excitment. She laughed and screamed, hopping around the pair of angels flapping her wings about. She mimicked the motion both Amora's and Vernon's had in order to lift them off the ground. 

Shocking both fallen angels she actually got a little off the ground, her wings lifting her a few feet in the air. 

"I wanna fly! I wanna fly!!" Meena cried as she hopped and glided circling the pair. 

They didn't wait long before a beefy man walked out of the forest and joined them in the field. He looked both wary and cursious, undoubtedly smelling Meena. 

"I have come at your request Vernon. What is it you need?" the man called, stopping in front of them. 

Vernon cleared his throat before beginning. "First of all thank you for meeting with me. I would like to introduce you to Amora, and Meena" Vernon introduced. 

The man looked Amora in the eyes and rose a thick brow. "The Amora?" he asked, eyeing her. 

"My repuation proceeds me" Amora said smugly. 

"I see no mark" the man grumbled. 

Amora's eyes darkened if that were possible. Her light mood soured. "How callous" she remarked. 

Vernon cleared his throat again nervously. "Amora, Meena, this is Stephen. He's the pack beta." 

Amora scoffed, looking away. "If he's not the alpha why are we wasting our time? I do not have time to waste with insignificant people." Amora growled.

A growl escaped the man. "Want to say that again bitch? You came to us asking for help." 

"I'd watch that temper mutt" Amora replied. She unconsciously pulled Meena behind her incase.