Second Show

Kid Ritz: *ALRIGHT EVERYONE... LET'S WELCOME TO THE STAGE... JAYE BEE!!!*

Jaye flips onto the stage, his signature sunglasses glinting in the light. He dances and flips around the stage, singing hard. I can see Rageon's phones lighting blue as he performs, meaning they've voted for him. Jaye's performance concludes with a sick flip, the audience going wild.

I can't help but chew the inside of my cheek; I didn't expect to be competing with these boys. Kid Ritz interviews Jaye, congratulating him. Jaye walks off, making it back to his cabana in a short amount of time.

I look at Velv, seeing her way more calm than me. She looks at me, her eyes shimmering. She leans close, whispering in my ear.

Velv: "Crimp told me she took care of Sammy; we only have to worry about Rollie."

I look at her in horror, then at the stage as Kid Ritz walks back on.

Kid Ritz: "LADIES AND GENTLEMEN, WE HAVE A SMALL INTERRUPTION! PHAT SAMMY HAS REPORTEDLY BECOME VERY SICK AND WON'T BE PERFORMING TONIGHT! WE ARE SORRY NOT TO SEE HIM ON, BUT ARE WISHING FOR HIS RECOVERY! WE WILL TAKE A FEW MINUTES TO SET UP FOR THE SAGE BOYZ AND WILL BE BACK WITH YOU SHORTLY!"

Johnny and the Boyz look at each other, seemingly stressed. Brandon nods at Velv and me before dragging his brothers towards the stage. Without saying anything to Dom because of the cameras, I watch them walk off, Johnny looking worried.

Velv smirks, waving goodbye to them. I ask for my phone from my purse, typing in Crimp's contact.

Ven: "Crimp? What did you do?!"

Crimp: "I just put laxatives in Sammy's drink and sent it to him. He will be fine; he just won't be able to perform. I didn't steal his troll, so I'm making you and Velvet happy."

I leave her on read, nervous out of my mind. I guess she's right... Sammy's career isn't ruined; he's just out of the chance to perform in the next show. However, that still leaves us having to beat out at least one other group to make the top three... and I know Velv wants first.

As I think, I chew so hard I taste blood. I stop, realizing my cheek is hot and sore. I grab the hem of the left leg of my pants, gripping it so hard my knuckles turn white.

Velv: "Hey! You need to calm down. Everything is fine, and we're good enough to make it to the top, ok?"

I nod, taking deep breaths to calm myself. Lately, I've been having more and more instances of panicked breathing. I've never been diagnosed with anxiety, but I have been getting closer to having panic attacks.

Kid Ritz walks on stage, calming my nerves as I look him over.

Kid Ritz: *OK, MOUNT RAGEONS! HERE COME THE SAGE BOYZ!!!"

The crowd goes wild as the Boyz walk on stage, their choreography cool and coordinated. Their whole performance is synchronized nicely, bringing a classic boy band style.

When they finish, Dom smirks my way, blowing a kiss. The side of the crowd closest to me goes wild, thinking it's for them. I want to blow a kiss back, but I can't.

Kid Ritz sends them off, turning back towards the camera.

Kid Ritz: * ALRIGHT FOLKS, THAT WAS A GREAT PERFORMANCE BY THE SAGE BOYZ! WE SAW THAT KISS, DOM! EVERYONE IN THE CROWD HAS TO TWEET WHO THEY THINK THAT KISS WAS FOR WITH THE HASHTAG #SAGEBOYZKISS!!! NOW, AFTER THIS SHORT BREAK, WE WILL HAVE YOUR FAVORITE, ROLLIE ROY, ENDING WITH MOUNT RAGEOUS STARZ'S NEWEST TALENTS, VELVET AND VENEER ON LAST! WE'LL BE RIGHT BACK AFTER THESE MESSAGES!*

Rollie looks my way before walking backstage. I wish he weren't so handsome; I think I'd be able to not like him more. The Boyz walk back into the cabana, Dom smiling at me as he moves past me to sit down.