Giving Up

*(THANK YOU FOR 1K READS :0! LOVE AND APPRECIATE YOU ALL! THIS IS A SILLY GOOFY SIDE PROJECT I LIKE TO DO AFTER SCHOOL, SO I APPRECIATE EACH AND EVERY ONE OF YOU THAT HAVE READ THIS :)*

My head pounds, yet it's strange. It feels like someone is knocking against my head. I continue to move around in the snow, yet I can't tell myself to stop. My arms scream with exhaustion; I continue to flail slowly.

*KNOCK* *KNOCK* *KNOCK*

I wake up, realizing someone is knocking on my door. It's dark; it must be nighttime.

Velv: "Veneer, please! Please let me in. I'm scared!"

I hear her continue to pound, but as I try to get up, I'm so weak it's incredibly difficult to move. I sit up slowly, struggling to the floor. I kneel against the ground, panting heavily.

I crawl to the door, using the last of my strength to unlock it. I fall forward, Velv falling to her knees to catch me.

She screams, holding me.

Velv: "Oh my gosh! Why are you so cold?! Your skin! There are snowflakes everywhere! Oh my gosh, we need Floyd."

She tries to help me up, but I can't move. I don't have any energy; I haven't eaten or drank anything in days.

Velv pulls me up against my bed, leaning me upright before running out. With the light in the hallway, I can see what she's talking about.

The skin exposed from my shorts and t-shirt is completely covered in snowflakes. It burns, each snowflake stinging an imprint on my skin. I sit there, dejected and exhausted beyond all measures.

Velv runs in, holding Floyd. He looks over me, heavily concerned.

Floyd: "Why did you lock yourself away? How did this progress so badly."

Ven: "I... gave... up."

Velvet starts crying, holding my hand. The warmth of her hand is drastic compared to what I'm feeling: cold and lifeless.

Floyd: "That's... not good. That is probably why the magic got worse, I don't know how much of this I can reverse on my own, but I can try."

Floyd puts his little hand on mine, humming. The light bounces off of him, floating over me. It doesn't feel as warm this time. I can't do much but accept it as it falls over me. He finishes, looking worn out. My skin doesn't sting, and the blue and purple coloring is gone. I'm just left with snowflakes all over my skin, slightly lighter than my skin tone.

Floyd looks at me, looking over my eyes.

Floyd: "Both of your eyes are frozen, but the rest of your skin looks better."

Ven: "Thank... you. I'm... sorry."

Floyd shakes his head, turning towards Velv.

Floyd: "He needs water. And to eat something."

Velv nods, giving my hand a gentle squeeze before hurrying downstairs. Floyd sits next to me, looking up at me.

Velv returns with water and fruit in a bowl, her hands shaking slightly. She helps me to drink. As I taste the water, my body goes into shock. I'm so unbelievably thirsty. I chug the whole cup, desperately needing more. We go through this process three times more until I'm satisfied.

I try to eat a berry, yet my stomach hurts as it goes down. I finish the bowl, feeling sick.

Ven: "Thank you..."

Velv: "Veneer. I believe you. I thought about it, and it makes sense. He's been so manipulative; it's just hard to imagine he'd go to that length. Veneer, I thought you died, or something horrible happened, so I panicked."