Battle of the Bands

I grab Velv's hand, getting the go-ahead to walk on stage. The lights are off, and the audience screams as they watch us get set. We stand on either side of the stage. I take the audience's right. I stand over the x taped on the floor, where the pillars from earlier will eventually lift me. 

I stand straight, arms at my side with my head down. It's insane hearing how loud the fans are. I rub my hand over my ring one last time, keeping my eyes closed.

Kid Ritz: *ALRIGHT LADIES AND GENTLEMEN... ARE YOU READY?*

The stage shakes as fans jump up and down, screaming and cheering. I hold myself back from smiling; this is so cool.

Kid Ritz: *HERE WITH THEIR ARRANGEMENT TITLED "BATTLE OF THE BANDS" IS VELVET AND VENEER!*

I lock in, my focus at an all-time high. Smoke starts to billow behind us as the backing track starts. 

*(I FINALLY GOT THE MUSIC UPLOADED :0! FORGIVE ME IF THE MASHUP SUCKS, I JUST MASHED THE SONGS TOGETHER TO TRY TO GET A COHERENT SONG FOR THE SAKE OF THE BOOK. HAPPY READING :O!*)

Ven and Velv: "AHH... UH AHH

AHH AHH UAHA... AHH UAHA

AHA, AHA UH, UH AHA

AHA, AHA UH, UH AHA"

We sway slowly from hip to hip, Velv and I perfectly in sync. Green light bathes us in shadow as we harmonize. I open my eyes, hearing shocked gasps from the crowd. I glare at the crowd, keeping my head low to my chest.

Velv: "WELCOME TO THE SHOW... WE'RE HERE TO LET YOU KNOW"

Velv holds her hand out, and I follow her suit.

Ven: "OUR TIME IS NOW... YOUR TIME IS RUNNING OUT-"

Jets of smoke blow behind us as the stage flashes bright purple light with the beat drop.

Velv: "FEEL THE WAVE OF SOUND"

Ven: "AS IT CRASHES DOWN"

Velv and I raise our hands, lowering them over the crowd in time with the song.

Velv: "YOU CAN'T TURN AWAY"

Ven: "WE'LL MAKE YOU WANT TO STAY"

Velv and I toss our heads back in sync, holding our arms out from our sides with our palms held toward the sky. The pillars we're standing on rise, shooting us up as the stage flashes back to the green lighting.

Ven and Velv: "WE WILL BE ADORED" 

Ven: "TELL US THAT YOU WANT US"

Ven and Velv: "WE WON'T BE IGNORED"

Velv: "IT'S TIME FOR OUR REWARD"

We point at the camera, knowing the Sage Boyz are watching. I jump off the pillar as the lights dim, quickly standing over the one in the middle. Velv jumps off simultaneously, standing in front of me, where she'll stay on the floor.

Ven: "NOW YOU NEED US"

Velv: "COME AND HEED US