Friends To...

Kid Ritz: *LADIES AND GENTLEMEN... WE HAVE OUR RESULTS. THE TWO ACTS THAT WILL BE ADVANCING ARE... THE SAGE BOYZ-*

The crowd screams so loud, the sound deafening. The Sage Boyz high-five each other, looking beyond proud of themselves. Kid Ritz waits for the noise to die, his hand fidgeting at his side.

Kid Ritz: *THE OTHER AND LAST ACT THAT WILL ADVANCE TO OUR FOURTH SHOW OF THE MOUNT RAGEOUS STARZ EVENT SEASON IS... VELVET AND VENEER!*

The crowd goes mad with excitement, balloons, confetti, and posters bobbing across the crowd. They jump so hard that the building shakes tremendously.

Kid Ritz: *I'M KID RITZ, YOUR HOST FOR THE MOUNT RAGEOUS STARZ EVENT SEASON! THANK YOU FOR SUCH A GOOD NIGHT, MOUNT RAGEOUS! WE'LL SEE YOU AT THE FOURTH SHOW WITH THE SAGE BOYZ AND VELVET AND VENEER!*

Kid Ritz smiles until the cameras cut, walking off stage. I watch the Head Director rush towards the Sage Boyz, laughing and turning red. I turn to Velvet, panicked.

Ven: "I'm not going anywhere with them; he'll get me! And, we need to get Jewels."

I want to cry, anxiety burning through my heart.

Rollie: "You two can come over to my place. It may be safer, and Kid Ritz can come as well if he wishes."

Ven: "Thank you!"

Velv: "Go find Kid Ritz; I'll get Jewels. Meet us in the vanity room. You can call either me or Rollie, ok?"

I nod, hugging them before rushing off backstage. I move quickly, trying to find Kid Ritz among the mass numbers of assistants, stagehands, and personnel.

I spy his suit, seeing him talk to a stagehand. I run to him, pulling on his arm.

Ven: "We need to go right now. I'm afraid Dom's going to come looking for me, and I'm not going anywhere with him. Rollie said we can come over; he's waiting downstairs with Velv and Jewels."

I speak fast, panicking to the near point of crying. Just as Kid Ritz opens his mouth to speak, we hear the Sage Boyz laughing and walking up the ramp on their side of the stage.

Kid Ritz grabs my hand, shoving us past everyone, and out the side I came. We dash behind the cabanas, stopping due to the influx of fans separating us from the elevator. I pull out my phone, shaking as I call Velv.

Ven: "Meet us at the staircase the Head Director led us out of. Please, have Rollie bring a car, anything."

Velv: "Already on it."

I hang up, grabbing Kid Ritz's hand. We flee towards the staircase, running feverishly. Hearing an engine run outside, we make it to the ground floor landing. Kid Ritz swings open the door, gasping. The Sage Boyz stand there, laughing.

Before they have time to react, Kid Ritz swings, knocking out Brandon. He sucker punches Johnny, causing him to reel in pain. Dom looks shocked before his head is knocked back as he's punched square in the eye. He falls to the ground, stunned.

The car we heard revs towards us, Velv opening the backseat door.

Velv: "Get in!"

Kid Ritz pushes me towards the car, kicking Dom one last time.

Kid Ritz: "Just like our dream, ay puto. Fuck you."

He climbs in, the car speeding off. Dom stands, one hand covering his eye. Looking out the back window of the car, I can see his eyes glowing, even through his fingers. Staring after him leaves me with the worst sense of dread I've ever felt; it hurts so bad.