Chapter 56: "Duly Noted."

Just a quick note my lovely readers before you start. There will be time lapses in this chapter. Small ones. Days, weeks and at maximum a few months.

The time lapses will be from the middle to the latter parts of the chapter. You'll know when you see it.

Just like the other chapter that contained time lapses, the same technique applies here.

1 asterisk * : is a within the day time lapse. So a few hours or minutes. Or even of its change in scene or pov but within the same day.

3 asterisk ***: can mean anything from a few days to a few weeks to a few months. You'll be able to guess which of the 3 from context clues.

Thank you for listening to my Ted talk.

Happy reading.

Oh oh. And the start of this chapter occurs like an hour after the scene from previous chapter.

Okay now Happy reading.
*

"No way!"

"Wowww!"

"Congratulations."

"Really?"

"I can't believe it!"

That amongst other words are the chorus response from your friends when you and Jungkook announce that the two of you are dating.

You stare at everyone suspiciously.

"You already knew," you state more than ask.

"Pfft. No! " Jimin says and looks away which kind of just cements your belief more.

"Is it because of yesterday?" Jungkook asks but you already know that isn't the case. They knew before that. The question is when.

"No," Aaliyah admits. "We knew before that..."

"How long?" You reluctantly ask.

Hani mumbles an answer.

"Sorry Hani, I didn't quite catch that."

"From the start."

"From the start?! How? Why didn't you guys say anything?"

"Well, Jin Hyung overheard everything at the hospital. And we wanted to respect your privacy. "

"Okay...thank you guys for doing that..." you say. "If Jin oppa didn't overhear anything would it be a surprise finding out today?"

"Do you want the truth?" Minhyuk asks.

"Preferrably."

"No it wouldn't be. You and Jungkook were pretty obvious. Neither of you are particularly great at being discreet," Yoongi answers.

"Congratulations though, we're really happy and excited for you," Hoseok says.

"And can I just say, finally, am I right?" Jin laughs. "I'm talking about finally you two are together. Not finally you told us."

"Although finally for that too. You made us wait for 6 months." Namjoon points out.

Minho clears his throat, "And on that note," Minho hold his hand out.

There's a few frustrated sighs and grunts before everyone hands him money.

"What is happening right now?" You ask, wondering how Minho has managed to extort everyone.