Chapter 27: Hi hungry, I'm Mom.

The fanmeeting was strangely fun to you. Seeing the joy and excitement in all the fans was quite the change in your dull life.
But like all good things in life the fanmeeting too came to an end.

On the way back, Aaliyah and you travelled in separate vehicles. She of course chose the SUV with Taehyung, Yoongi, Jimin, and Jhope. While you were stuck in a car with NamJin and your absolute favourite person in the world; Jungkook.

There was silence in the car. And definitely not the comfortable kind.

Jin focussed on the road and Namjoon listened to music. Jungkook stared out the window but it looked like he was starting to fall asleep.

The car ride felt like a never ending trip. The silence made it feel even longer. The dorm was still probably 30 minutes away. You sigh and look out the window. You couldn't even start a conversation. You were too scared that you'd be ignored and from that be embarrassed at your attempt at a conversation starter.

You feel like you're being stared at so you turn your head to check and you see Jungkook looking at you with the type of look that says he's trying to make a decision. But he hastily turns his head again after being caught.

You want to wonder why he was looking at you but you're kind of tired yourself so you just brush the whole thing off.

You put your elbow on the armrest of the door and lean your cheek on your palm.

Thoughts on everything you needed to still do spiral around in your mind.

Fetch Jun.
Make supper.
Start phase two of Aaliyah's plan.
Complete psych project.
Study for tomorrow's test.
Stop liking the most irritating boy in your life.
Stop making to do lists and actually start doing tasks on the list.

Your schedule is packed.

You're suddenly brought out of your thoughts when the car brakes suddenly and you jerk foward.

Jungkook does as well but he was on the brink of sleep when he jerked foward so he wakes up in complete shock.

"Sorry!" Jin says from the front.
"There was a squirrel but it's gone now. All is good."

You couldn't even be angry at the kind hearted man.

You close your eyes and lean your head back. You feel a pair of eyes on you but you ignore it.

You feel a little at peace until the car brakes again and you jerk foward, less prepared than you were the first time.

But somehow even with the harsh-abrupt movement you don't get hurt because Jungkook's arm shoots out infront of you, preventing you from hitting the back of Jin's seat.

Jungkook looks at you with concern.
"Are you okay?" He asks and you nod your head.

"Thanks." He moves his arm.

"Another squirrel, hyung?" Jungkook asks irritatedly.

"No," Jin says in a defensive tone.
"Unexpected traffic."

You look to see the traffic and you internally groan seeing the cars grid locked.

"Get comfortable, this is going to take a while." Jin states.

After 10 minutes of waiting in the traffic, there's only slight movement.

You felt bad for Jin because all of you were tired but he was the only one that had to stay awake. So you decided to keep him company in that regard.