Chapter 7: Junnie

It's 4am when you wake up. The events from the previous day come in to your mind and a scowl reaches your lips.

But as soon as you realise that today is the day Jun comes back from camp, your mood is suddenly lifted.

You get out of bed so that you can shower, get ready for work, clean the house,make breakfast, pack your uncle's lunch and finally leave for work.

About 2 hours later you've completed all your tasks and are ready to leave.

*****

You reach the bighit building around 6.30 am. You walk in with a smile on your face. Which was much different to your expression from yesterday.

You were early so you go straight to Aaliyah's office hoping she's there so you could share the excitement, you have for your brother's arrival, with her.

You knock on her door and 23 seconds later the person, you were hoping to see, opens the door.

"Hey Aaliyah, can I come in?"

"Sure hun. Do you even have to ask?"

You go inside and both of you sit down on the L-shaped couch in the middle.

"Why are you so early?"

"My brother's coming home today. So I figured if I came here early then I could finish some of my work and take an early break to go and fetch him," you say, a smile breaking onto your face.

"Ah. So that's why you're happy. I thought it was just because you get to see me everyday. I am a gift from God afterall."

You laugh at her self praise. You also make the decision to introduce her to Hani, the three of you together would probably be a match made in heaven.

"Not a humble gift. But yes, a gift nonetheless," you reply, still smiling.

"What's your brother's name and where did he go?"

"His name is Jun. He went to a dance camp. He has this passion for dance, just like our mother,"

"Aw. How cute. You must really love your brother. Your eyes sparkle when you speak about him," Aaliyah shares her findings.

You really did love your brother. Nothing was as precious to you as him. Sometimes you forgot information that was related to you but you would never ever forget anything about him.

You didn't want to let him go to camp. You couldn't stand being away from him for so long. But no matter how much you were going to miss him, you couldn't find it in you to rob him of the childhood he deserved. The childhood you didn't get to have. He had the right to experience fun at his age.

He wanted to go on the trip so you didn't stand in his way. You let him go. It's not like he was going forever but it sure as hell felt like it. Everyday you stopped yourself from taking a bus to the campsite just to see him. Maybe you were being over protective but what else could you do? He was basically your own child. He was the only family you had. Losing him meant losing everything that mattered to you. Initially when he left your mind had made up so many scenarios of what could go wrong. But you realised you were overthinking, as usual.

Your phone suddenly rings. 21st century girl plays which must mean Hani is calling.

"Hello," you answer

"Hey Yn, I won't be able to take care of Jun today. I have to go to my parents' office. They want me to learn the do's and don'ts of business from them and not a lecturer. Mianhae,"

"Oh no. What am I going to do? Its ok Hani, I'll figure something out," you sigh.

You say goodbye to Hani and then cut the call. Rubbing your temples, you try to think of who can take care of your brother while you're at work.