Chapter 49: "What Do You Call Fake Macaroni?"

"Hey Aaliyah! I brought you an Iced vanilla latte. With a hint of hazelnut syrup. Just how you like it.
Oh hey Yoongi oppa. How are you on this fine day?" You greet in a particularly cheerful voice.
And that cheerfulness may or may not have something to do with your entire interaction with Jungkook earlier that morning.
Inclusive of him pressing you against the front door and kissing you softly before the both of you left the dorm.
*
"Okay, I'm ready. We can go now. " you say to Jungkook who was waiting for you in the living room.

Jungkook nods his head and smiles in response.

You walk to the door and Jungkook follows closely behind.
As your hand reaches for the door handle, you feel Jungkook's gentle grip on your wrist.

You turn around to look at him questioningly.
"Is something wrong?" You ask, your eyebrows furrowed.

Instead of answering he takes a step closer to you, pressing you against the door you were about open.

Before anymore questions can reach your lips Jungkook's mouth reaches first, and his lips touch yours.

He kisses you softly. Slowly. Perfectly.

And even in all the surprise you initially feel, you still manage to kiss him back instantly. It felt like the only natural response to any time he has kissed you.

His hands make themselves comfortable around your waist as the kiss follows a rhythm only the two of you know.

When you both part from the kiss, Jungkook leans his forehead against yours and the words that leave his mouth are certainly not ones you expected.

"Thank you." He says moving his head slightly back so that he can see your expression.

"For?" You scrunch your nose in confusion and Jungkook gives you a small smile and gently bumps his nose against yours.

"Kissing me back. " a shy expression takes over his features. " It might sound stupid but every time I have the urge to kiss you, I always fear that you won't kiss me back."

You couldn't handle it. The man in front of you was far too adorable. It couldn't possibly be healthy for your heart, mind or soul to experience this level of cuteness.

He was actually afraid there would ever be an occasion in which you'd reject him. The idea was laughable to you. And it would be laughable to Jungkook, if only he knew all the thoughts in your mind that were centred around him.

As much as you don't want Jungkook to know about every thought you have about him, you do still want to dispel this fear of his.

Your thumb grazes his bottom lip, gently wiping away your lip gloss from his mouth.

"You don't have to worry about that," you say with a gentle smile. "It's an instinct. To me, reciprocating your kisses will always be instinctual."

"Really?" He asks sounding unsure, but his expression of embarrassment has already changed to one of repose.

"Really." You say and Jungkook grins.

While your heart is still recovering from the cute smile of relief that graces his face, that 'smile of relief ' quickly turns into a mischievous one. And that your heart definitely was not prepared for.

Jungkook pulls at your waist, bringing your body flush against his and he kisses you again. Which in hindsight you should've expected considering the topic of conversation. Yet somehow the thought escaped you and find yourself gasping in surprise at the gesture. Which Jungkook uses to his advantage in the best way possible as he deepens the kiss.