Chapter 31: Waiters At My Wedding

"This is so unfair, guys. What you're doing is not right," Professor Do complains.

Someone in the front row raises their hand and asks "What's wrong, Sir?"

"Something is very wrong. All of you handed in your pair projects. Which means two things. One, I have a crap load of Psych projects to mark; and Two, I don't get to tell anyone that their late assignment won't be marked. So thanks a lot for that."

The class laughs at the supposed problems of the young professor.

"Anyways don't mind me, students, but I'm just going to side track for a few minutes," Professor Do announces.

"It has come to my attention, or rather my fiance has brought it to my attention, that I have not participated at all in regards to my wedding planning. So she has graciously assigned me a few tasks and I am just ecstatic," he continues with a smile but shakes his head showing that he isn't exactly 'ecstatic'.

You wonder where your Professor is going with all of this but you continue to listen intently. Even if there was no substance to his talk there would atleast be some entertainment.

"Basically, I have to get the waiters for our reception and invite the guests amongst other things. My problem is I don't like many people so my side of the guest list looks a little depressing. So I've decided whoever gets 70 and above for this project is invited to my wedding and since all the pairs has one girl and one boy, I've also decided whoever gets the highest mark - the boy - gets to be my best man."

"My previous best man was in an unfortunate bowling accident and all I have to say about that is : I guess I can strike his name off the invite list," he snickers but then quickly becomes serious.
"Sorry, that was inappropriate. May his soul rest in peace," he says quietly, looking up and making a cross on his chest.

"He died bowling?!" Someone in the class exclaims.

"Oh no no. Not at all. I'm just wishing well for his soul, in general. He is still alive and well with his now 7 fingers. He just moved away and didn't keep contact with me because he may or may not be blaming me for the loss of his three fingers. But that's a story for another time..." Prof Do looks off into the distance.

"Although while we're on that topic kids, when playing a prank on someone never ever use bowling balls as one of the prank's components. It will always have an ugly end..." he quivers from a memory.
"Oh no, I'm digressing from my sidetrack" the professor complains.

The class laughs again. Your professor was entertaining no doubt, however, sometimes his eccentric quirks were a tad concerning.

"Okay, now the last thing I've also decided that affects you guys is that whoever gets below 60 gets to be an unpaid waiter/waitress at my reception. So don't disappoint me with too many of you doing above average work. There better be at least 3 fails here. I'm really counting on you," he says with determination and hope.

Much like the rest of your class, you just shake your head and chuckle at your prof's antics.

"Do we have a deal, class?"

"Yes," everyone says jointly. You were pretty sure nobody would mind failing this particular assignment... well besides you.

"I'll finish marking by next week to find out who's going to be guests, waiters and who's not invited at all. Okay, now that all of that's cleared let's get back to work. Open pg 265 of textbooks."

As Prof Do gives the instruction, Let Me Out by Nu'est W - specifically the line 'Go away' - blares from your phone. You quickly cut the call. Jungkook was going to be furious.