Chapter 11: The Last Supper

You slap Hani's hand away from your strawberries.

"Hani stop eating my fruit. It's for the dessert."

"But Yn, you only live once so we should live in the moment." She tries to convince you.

"If you take fruit from me once more then you won't be living in this moment."

Her jaw drops in offence and a hurt expression paints her features.

Drama queen

"Yeah Hani. You should listen to Yn."  Aaliyah who seems to be supporting you takes a berry out of the bowl too.

You glare at her.

"Both of you out. Jun has more discipline than you." You point to the boy sitting quietly and sketching at the dining room table.

Aaliyah's dorm wasn't much different to the boys but instead of 7 bedrooms she had 3. The finishing touches of the dorm were also different. The boys had pictures of family and eachother all over. But Aaliyah had no personal pictures anywhere. Only one group photo in the living room with her, the boys and PDnim.

She never spoke about her family besides the time she mentioned she had no siblings.  It wasn't your place to ask her about these things. The matter seemed fragile and personal. You knew if she wanted to speak about it she would. So you didn't press the issue.

The girls look at you with pouty faces and puppy dog eyes.

Resist Yn. Resist.

You cross your arms and point to the door.
"Leave and let me cook in peace."

Aaliyah stomps away into her bedroom and Hani walks to the door.

"Hani. Why don't you walk up and down the corridor maybe you'll bump into one of the members." You suggest.

Joy suddenly lights up her face and she hastily exits the dorm banging the door behind her.

You hear someone yell ouch but afterwards there's silence so you believe its just your imagination. You don't realise it's the start of somebody else's story.
*****

"Namjoon, you are of no help to me. You can't even cut onions." Jin reprimands the leader.

"But hyung, I'm trying." Namjoon whines.

"No. First you didn't take the cover off the knife when you tried to cut the onions. Then instead of slicing the vegetables you nearly sliced off your finger. Twice. I'd rather you just sit quietly. I'll do this by myself." Jin lists the reasons why Namjoon is a hazard in the kitchen.

"Hyung, I don't understand why you're cooking if we're having dinner at Aaliyah's."

"Remember the last time Aaliyah cooked us dinner." Jin says.

Namjoon shudders at the memory.

"Although in her defence she was trying out a new recipe. I think she likes using us as guinea pigs." Namjoon defends.

"That's Taehyung's fault."

"What's my fault?" Taehyung asks when he enters the kitchen.

"Aaliyah uses us as her experimental guinea pigs because she has you wrapped around her finger. And you convince us to do whatever she wants." Jin plainly states.

"I'm not wrapped around her finger," Taehyung crosses his arms.
"We let her use us as food testers because she's our friend and we like making her happy." He continues.

"But you more than the rest of us." Namjoon teases him.

"Whatever hyung." Taehyung waves off Namjoon's words.