Chapter 40: Leave him. He's monologuing.

"Wow. It's really beautiful here," you say, referring to the well-decorated reception hall.

"It is," Minho agreed with you. "But that's only because Prof Do's fiancé, and now wife, was in charge of deciding the Decor. I mean if it were the professor then, decorations still wouldn't be done... or perhaps it would've been Pokémon themed."

"True," you nod and the both of you laugh.

The two of you find the table you're allotted and take your seats along with other guests.

"It was a nice ceremony. All that's left now are speeches, socializing and cake. And God knows I only came for the cake," you shrug.

"Same," Minho agrees. "I also came to steal the decorative pieces from the tables," he jokes and you laugh.

There's chattering in the large room until the speeches commence. Speeches from the bride's father and brother and the groom's mother and sister are all listened to intently and in silence with a few laughs here and there.

But soon enough speech time is also over and there's a toast ending it.

Prof Do and his wife approach your table and you and Minho stand up immediately, bowing to them.

"Minho, Yn, this is my wife - Miseo. Miseo these are two of my awesome students."

"It's lovely meeting you. Thank you so much for coming. And thank you Minho for standing in and saving his ass from embarrassment, " Miseo says, gesturing to the professor.

Minho and you chuckle lightly.
"It was really no problem. It's been fun. Thank you for inviting us," Minho bows slightly again.

"You look so beautiful," you say to Minseo. But before she can reply someone beats her to it.

"Thank you. I mean I knew I looked great but it's always nice hearing it from others," Professor Do says in a humorous tone, causing you and Minho to chuckle again.

Meanwhile, with a smile, Miseo just shakes her head at him. Perhaps regretting her decision to marry him ever so slightly.

"This... this is why you don't have friends, my love. Because you make jokes like that," she pats his back. "And thank you, Yn. You look beautiful too. "

"What are you talking about? I have tons of friends. And so many great jokes!"

Miseo laughs.
"See, now that's what I call a joke," she pretends to wipe a tear away. "Yn, Minho, you guys must come to take pictures, okay?"

Both of you nod with a smile.

"Wait. Are you saying I'm not funny? Well, you're not funny either, " he argues like a child.

"I am hilarious," she says.

"Why did you marry me then?"

"Because your oddities intrigue me. Also... I kinda... sorta... love you," she shrugs.

Professor Do grins widely. "I love you too," he says and Miseo giggles. "But I still think I'm funny."

"Yeah," she snorts. "Funny looking."

"Hey!"

They walk away continuing to cutely argue over nothing.

"They're a cute couple," you say.

"Yeah. A match made in heaven - if you will," Minho adds.

"I Ship it," the two of you say simultaneously. And then high five.

***

Jungkook stares at the clock in his room, watching the precise movements of the clock's hands. After you left for the wedding with Minho, that's how he's been spending his day.