Chapter 18: Yoongi Oppa

It's double update so make sure you read the previous chapter.

Enjoy, lovely people.
______________________

What you were about to do was killing you on the inside. But you'd rather have a dead conscience than brother. Jun was priority and time was running short. So you called the businessman who wanted you to steal your boss' intellectual property.

The plan was simple. All you needed to do was transfer the song from Yoongi's laptop to a USB. That USB would go to Mr Kang and he would pay for the surgery.

Although the task at hand is fairly easy, the possible repercussions you face due to your actions make you very nervous.

But no emotion deterred your determination to get things done.

You went into the Big Hit building for the third time today. You needed to go to Yoongi's studio. On your way there you bump into Yoongi himself.

You bow to apologise.
"Sorry Sir. I'll be careful next time. Sorry," you say, your nervousness starting to peek out.

"It's okay, Yn. Relax," he says calmly.

You nod your head in response.

"Yn, I actually wanted to apologise to you."

"For what, sir?" You reply surprised.

"I know we had a rough start and all of us have treated you pretty badly. But I'm hoping we can have a new start. I realise now that you're a nice, hardworking, loyal and trustworthy girl. You've made  our hectic lives a little easier and I'm grateful for that. Sorry again, for wrongly judging you," he says with honesty.

You force yourself to smile even though his kind words hurt you. They hurt you because you know what you're about to do. You know, currently, you're anything but trustworthy and loyal.

"Sir, it's okay. I'm sorry."

"You need to stop apologising for bumping into me. It was an accident," he says giving you a small smile.

Little did he know, you weren't apologising for bumping into him. You were apologising for the betrayal you were about to commit.

******

You snuck into the studio which was empty. Something you already knew seeing as you bumped into the owner moments earlier.

After a few minutes of convincing and looking, you find the laptop on the work table.

You take out the USB amd plug it into the laptop. Your hands shake as you look for the file that will save your brother.

After saving the file onto the USB, you take in a deep breath. You hastily remove the flash drive and slip it into your pocket.  You leave the room, making sure everything was the way you found it.

You try your hardest to push away the disgust you feel for yourself. To push away the guilt. And to stop your heart from beating so fast from panic.

On your way out of the building, you see Yoongi again. He gives you an acknowledging nod and a smile. You return the smile even though you feel sick on the inside.

You stand outside the building and you can't stop Yoongi's kind words from playing in your mind.

"You're a nice, hardworking, loyal and trustworthy girl."