Chapter 37: She's Hot

"Yn-ah, I'll fetch you from campus and we can buy the rest of the decorations, okay?" Taehyung says through the phone.

Aaliyah's birthday was nearing and most of the planning and organising was done already, just a few minor details remaining. Taehyung had been fetching you from university more frequently, sometimes for the birthday organising and the other times just to help you out - which was kind of him. It made your life easier to not have to depend on a bus or taxi or even - if push comes to shove - your own feet.

"That's fine, oppa. See you later." You cut the call and continue walking with Minho.

"I thought you only had a younger brother," Minho says with confusion.

"I do. That was one of the 7 bosses. I'm on friendlier terms with them now," you explain. "Most of them."

"Oh," is all Minho says. "That's... that's great."

"Yeah it is. The 6 of them treat me like a younger sister. It's sweet. And before you ask, Jungkook and I don't get on very well. Taehyung, the one I was talking to, is just getting my help to plan Aaliyah's birthday party. The boy is totally in love with her but is too dumb to see it," you shake your head.

You see Minho noticeably relax once you mention the relationship status between you and the boys which was utterly confusing to you but, like Elsa, you let it go.

"We should hurry," Minho says." If we're late for Prof Oh's lecture, she won't let us in."

The two of you make an effort to speed walk. It was your last lecture of the day and you didn't want your day to end on a bad note so you rush.

The events from earlier in day come to mind. Getting revenge on Jungkook was a bittersweet feeling. The sweetness came from the satisfaction of giving him what he deserved. The bitterness, however, came from that same looming feeling of your uncertainty of his next set of actions.

You didn't know what plan the boy would have but you knew it would give you reason to dislike him even more.

But there was undoubtedly still a part of you, the part that lacked common sense snd logic, that couldn't help but be attracted to Jungkook. Emotionally and physically.

You still liked him.

Even after his poor treatment of you.

Even after all the times he gave you mixed signals.

Even after he hurt you so many times.

Even after he stole your locket.

You still liked him.

Because every time you tried to hate him, his caring gaze, his tender kisses, and his rare sweet words came to mind. And suddenly it became impossible for even a single cell in you to hate him. You didn't want to have the same fate as your mother but you couldn't help yourself when it came to him.

You still liked him

And you hated yourself for that.

***

"Tae, where are you going?" Aaliyah asked.

Taehyung was leaving to fetch Yn so they could go shopping for Aaliyah's birthday but how could he tell Aaliyah that.

"Uhh... you know. Just going to... uhh... get uhm... a goldfish?" He answers with uncertainty.

"Are you asking me or telling me?" She asks with a smile, watching him endearingly.

"Telling?" He answers still sounding uncertain and she chuckles.

"Before you go, I'm really hungry, can we go for a late lunch?"