Chapter 43: Put Your Tinfoil Hat On And Do Your Best Alien Call!

It's been a week since you've quit and since you've been in contact with anyone.

After you announced your decision in the dorm you stormed out immediately. Aaliyah wasn't in her dorm at the time so you just fetched Jun and left.

You had stopped by Pdnim's office and made Jun wait outside the room momentarily.

You handed your set of keys back to Pdnim. You didn't go into great detail as to why you wanted to quit. To be honest you couldn't pin point the exact reason either. It was just an accumulation of frustration in your life that made you take the ultimate decision.

Pdnim was kind to you and said he understood and to take care of yourself instead of making you serve a notice period like he could've.

When you got home you messaged all your friends that you were switching your phone off and not to worry about you because of the lack of replies.

You didn't want anyone to worry but you didn't want to speak to anyone either. You just were not up to it and you hoped they understood.

The strange thing though in all of this, was that when you quit you thought it would ease that heaviness in your chest. One less burden to worry about. But ironically your chest felt heavier. Like something was wrong. However, you try not to think about it much.

Jun is at school so you're sitting on your bed, looking through the newspaper once again for vacant jobs, in all your unemployed glory.

The ring of the doorbell breaks your focus. You're surprised at first. You weren't expecting any visitors. You never did. But then you realise it was probably some papers being sent for Uncle Lee or package. It could be Uncle Lee himself and he just forgot his keys.

The latter was unlikely but the prospect of it being true makes you jump up and rush to the door.

You open the door ready to greet your uncle. "Un- Pdnim?!" You're completely shocked. You look at the man in front of you in complete horror and his initial smile turns downward.

"Hi Yn. I do apologise for my abrupt presence. I didn't mean to startle nor upset you," he says noticing your expression.

You feel bad for unintentionally hurting Pdnim's feelings. But his sudden arrival is very worrying to you. Not because you want to avoid him but because if Uncle Lee were to suddenly arrive that would only spell trouble for you. You couldn't help but be concerned and wary.

"Can I come i-"

"No!" you yell out and he looks at you curiously. "Uhh... why don't we go to the café not too far from here. It'll be much more relaxed and comfortable there. Plus my house is a mess. So uhh that's why you can't come in... I'm ashamed really..." you lie about the reason. But there wasn't much else you could say. He knows that you're hiding something. His expression says it but he's kind enough to keep silent on the matter. "Did you know bananas are curved because they grow toward the sun?...actually nevermind don't worry about that."

"That's fine with me, Yn. If that's more comfortable for you, the café is fine. "

You nod your head.

You go inside to grab your bag and keys. You close the door quickly and lock the door.

"After you," you say.

You look around you suspiciously, paranoid that Uncle Lee would spontaneously appear. But nevertheless you get into Pdnim's car.

Once you're seated at the café, you're sufficiently calm.

"What did you need, Sir?"

"Yn, I would never try to force you into any decision. But I would like to make a request."