Ch-79

Rimuru's POV

As I was looking upon the three that were about to fight, I decided to intervene. I created a spear with Turn Null and was about to throw it when the woman tried to interfere.

Ciel moved in to block her, but Chloe was quicker, delivering a heavy blow on the woman's sword, catching her off guard and giving me enough time to throw the spear in between the three to stop them from fighting.

3rd Person POV

As the spear crashed in between the three, all three looked in the direction of Rimuru. Rimuru slowly made his way towards the three.

"You are..." Ludmilla was surprised to see that someone whom she had given a black card was still present here and not isolated.

"It's been a long time, Finn." Rimuru called out with a smirk, which only caused Finn to be even more on guard.
"Yeah. It's been some time. Why are you here?"

"Thought I'll decide whether to join you or not. But I didn't expect you to be fighting him."

"Well, he intruded into my world, so it's obvious I won't let him go scot-free."
"Right. That does makes sense."

"D̶̹͐e̴͆͜m̵̯̔o̵͙͝n̷̹̅ ̶̠̑l̶̙̏o̵͙̐r̵̞̈́d̴̝́ ̴̨̇R̶̜̉i̴̳̅m̵̲̏u̶͚͋ṛ̵̐u̶͔̔,̷̢̉ ̶̀͜L̸̛͈a̷̬̔d̷͚͌ÿ̶̘́ ̴̦̒Ô̸̹r̸̹̃c̵̦̒a̸̟̅n̷͎̈́ỷ̶̮x̵̝͒ ̵̠̃p̵̫̾r̴̤̕a̴̝̎i̴͙̾s̵͉̒e̸̘͒s̷̝͘ ̷͚̾y̸̦͛o̸̰͝u̷̘͂ŗ̴͂ ̸̥̐s̴̺̒k̷̢͌i̵͔͋l̸̠̈l̶̙̈́s̷̹̉ ̵̻͝h̴̲͒i̸͖͐g̴͓͝h̴͖͘l̴͔̒y̵̜͝.̸̫̀ ̸̨̅W̷̱͌h̸͈͘y̸̗̍ ̷̱̈́d̸͉̚ȏ̴̮n̷̮͌'̶̝̅t̶̲́ ̸͉̆y̴͕͊o̷̘͗ū̶͍ ̸̩̓j̴̝̅o̴̭̅i̵͇͗ň̸̖ ̵͓̅h̷͍̆e̸͐͜r̶̳͂?̵̮̀"

The Armor's voice was difficult to understand.

His voice sounded corrupted, as if the world itself was stopping him from speaking.

"And what do I gain from that?" Rimuru asked.

"W̷̦̗̯̑̃́̈́͝ḣ̵̪ḁ̸̢̰̟̝̮͉̹̤͕̼͕̽̑͊̆̀͌͆̿͒́̏̆̚͘͜͠t̵̢͇͔̥̩͈̗͍̂̋̌͘e̶̪͚̞̝͈̱͕͍͎̙̱̜̎̊̎͑̈̅͒͂̎͝v̴̫̙͙̲̝̼̟͋̿̈́̐͊̔̆̾̈͒̃̚͝ę̶͎͙͎͉̰͙̥̰͖͍̳̝̿̉̂͝ͅr̷̦̤̼͇͇̠͖̠̙̗̞̲͆͐̽͋͆͗̔̿̽̚͝ ̵̧̛̘͉̬͈͎͈̦̰̜͛̓̀͗͌̌̔̕͝ẙ̶͖̮̿̾͋̈́̕o̴̪̞̪̻͍̗̠͎͂͛̔͘̚ų̷̧̮͖̼̫̮̗̞̿͒̿̊̑͌̀̋̈́̽̈͘̚̚͝ͅ ̵̳̝̜͎̦̔̑̅͝d̶̛͇͍̑̓̾̈͒̚͘͘ȩ̵̛͉͈̟̳̼̀͑̏͆̊͑̐̈́s̵̡̲̖̼̗͚̘̓i̵̧͚̞̘̎̈́̉͘͠r̸̯̜͕͚̰͊́̆͒̾ȩ̶̢̢̭͔͔̯̼̇̏̍̌̚."

"Hmmm... It certainly is tempting if you say I can get whatever I want, yet, right now, there is nothing that I require. Power? I can become stronger myself. Fame? I am literally a demon lord. Fortune? I am the king of the largest economy in my world. What can you possible give me?"

The armor stared at Rimuru for some time before speaking up again.

"F̶̮͑̃r̸͎̚͜ê̶͍̊̓ͅe̵̛͇͈d̸͎̮̹̒͐͠ṓ̸̤̞̐m̸͍̱̾.̸̙̓̇.̴̥͙̂̎͜.̶̮̟͍̓̌͘.̷͘͜.̵̥́̈́ ̵̊̈́͘ͅF̷͙̈̾͛r̶̺̬̥̓͠͝o̴̻̞̅͘ṁ̶̫́̄ ̷̦̰̒̿͜ṡ̴̭̃ǘ̵̺̈́f̷̤̓͜f̴͓͂é̷̥̟͂ŕ̸̢͂î̵̙͗ͅń̴̨̬g̶̭̐͊͘.̶̫̿̋.̴̨̤̈́.̷̙͕̆.̶̦͓͐̎ ̵͔͗F̷͚͗́r̸̰̫̒͘ó̶̪̳̒m̸͇̲̬̊͛ ̴̱͗̀́p̶͇̦̑̚ä̶̺́̑̃ḯ̷̧͔̤̋ṉ̵̺̿͝.̷̟͎̄̾.̶̰͚̹̍́̓.̵̢̙̄.̴̢̮͔̌͒.̶̡̩͓́ ̵̛͈͍̬F̵̧̝̈̑̀r̶̟͈̾̅o̷̮͚͇͆̌m̸̗͓̌ ̶̛̿̽ͅd̷̠͊̓̈́e̵̢̪͚̾a̴͓̎̍ͅt̵͙̑h̵͔̾."

This seemed to strike a chord in Rimuru's heart. Rimuru understood what Orcanyx could give him. A life where he wouldn't have to fear about dying. Regardless of how strong one might be, if there is someone stronger, death is something you cannot stay away from.