CH-31

3rd Person POV

In a dark room in a questionable inn, two people had gathered. Festivities had begun all over Tempest, yet instead of enjoying it all night, these two men came back early. They were waiting and talking in hushed tones.

"Where is he?"
"I don't know. Let's wait for a while. If he doesn't come back, we can just leave him."
"Yes. You're right. Let's wait for dinner time. Till then let's set this up."

The man said as he pulled something out of his pocket. He attached it to his laptop and began fiddling with it.

For the next few minutes the man continued to fiddle around with his laptop, while his partner kept a wary eye around the room. He would periodically look outside the door and the window to make sure no one was spying on them.

"He's finally here." The man on the lookout said.

"Perfect timing. I have set this up as well." His partner replied.

Within a few seconds, a third person entered the room. Looking at the three, they were all average looking, neither too bulky, not too fat. They didn't have muscles, but their body was well toned.

The three looked at each other and silently nodded, as if understanding what to do. The three quickly put the laptop in a desk and start a transmission. Unlike other laptops, that would show the video on a screen, this would cast a hologram instead, making it possible to obtain a three dimensional view of the person you are in contact with. This enough was proof that this isn't a device made on this continent. After all, even Tempest hadn't introduced this feature into their state of the arts machinery.

Soon, a hologram of a man appeared on top of the desk on which the laptop was kept. The hologram was barely a metre long. The three knelt in unison seeing him.

"Have you prepared your reports?" The person in the hologram asked. He was wearing a white military uniform with flowery pink stripes going down the left arm. There were many badges adorning his suit, complimenting his position as the chief general of this entire mission.

"Yes, chief general. Not only the videos, but all the other days that we have collected is already sent as well." One of the man some as the other two continued to remain silent.

"Very well. I will now open the portal to allow the transmission to reach our goddess. Remember your positions. Don't even dare to do anything rude." The hologram said, and the three nodded in illusion.

Soon, the hologram of the man disappeared and was replaced by a woman sitting on a throne. With her left leg crossed over her right one, her left hand was on the armrest as she looked at the three in front of her. Unlike the man before, her figure was completely black. No distinguishable features could be made out, but that didn't matter to the three, as they didn't even lift their head to look at their Goddess.

"Goddess. We tried to gain more intel on the demon lords, but unfortunately we couldn't. It seems like they are having a private party tonight at the castle and we couldn't infiltrate in." The man who had come late said.

"Hmm. Regardless, if the demon lord has really revived, he would, without a doubt show his face. From what I have seen in your report, all eight heroes and demon lords should currently be in Tempest.

The heroes Kenya, Alice, Ryota and Gale. These four are strong, but they are particularly troublesome as a team. The heroes Chloe and Rudra alone are enough to be a considerable threat. As for heroes Hinata and Youm, they are strong, but as they hold major positions, I doubt they will move this quickly.

As for the demon lords, each one of them is troublesome. Just observe for now. Don't make a move. It would be unwise to anger both the Octagram and the Heroes Union at the same time. It would be preferable if they were against each other, but it wouldn't be surprising if both groups actually work together to preserve peace in that continent."

"So, what do you suggest we do, Goddess? Should we leave now to prevent them from catching us?" The guy who had set up the computer asked.

"Are you guys idiots?! If you leave now, they will obviously realise you were spies.*sigh* Just stay there and enjoy the festivities."

"Understood."

As the trio nodded, the connection was cut off. The three feel to the ground and started breathing heavily.

"I can't believe that we managed to not make a mess."
"Truly. Even though there was no aura, I am still feeling so mentally drained."
"You don't say."

And so, the three, after calming down left the room to gather more information.

Rimuru's POV

As the transmission is cut off, I look at the moon. The transmission was without a doubt using military channels from my previous world. I managed to interfere with it, but I could only hear the voices. If only I could have obtained a video feed as well.

Oh well. I traced where the transmission was being transmitted to, it was transmitted to a ship stationed in the Eastern Coast of the Eastern Empire.

This is quite concerning. It seems that they are really thinking about making a move. It might be problematic if they decide to move in the next few days. I did tell Souei to keep an eye on them, but it might just be better to root them out right now.

"Dear, what happened?"

I turned around to see Ciel standing near the door.

"I couldn't find you in the room, so I thought something must have happened. Is everything all right?"

"* Sigh* I am not really sure myself." I say and then tell her everything about the transmission.

"Well, Veldanava did say that the world barrier is now broken. So it wouldn't be surprising if some of the countries in that world have managed to infiltrate. Well, you can rest assured that they have no way entering any of the important sites." Ciel assured me.

The important sites are all mainly in Ramiris's labyrinth. But, some of them are still outside. It is imperative that they are protected. They are located outside so that it doesn't arouse suspicion. After all, if a country didn't have any military training centre, or a research laboratory, it will obviously arouse suspicion.

Obviously they don't store anything too dangerous, but there are still many state of the arts technology there, that we cannot afford to lose.

"I am not worried about that. The security is top notch, no doubt. But we have little to no knowledge on them, yet their store spies are everywhere. If only we could locate their continent."

In reality, we still haven't located the other continent. We know it is eastwards depending on the way they arrived, but there is no guarantee to that. They might have just changed their trajectory while approaching to prevent being back tracked.

"Whatever. Let's worry about them later. Let's enjoy ourselves for now." Ciel said as she entangled her arms with mine and dragged me into the room.

------------------------------

I hope you guys like it.