Ch-111

Ciel's POV

As I look at Knox taking to the ground with Nihilium devouring him, I still couldn't believe that it was that easy to deal with Knox. After all, he was a Third Era God.

But, just before feeling, I could feel a large amount of magicules condense into Knox's body. I quickly understood what he was trying to do.

"CHLOE! FALL BACK! HE IS GOING TO SELF DESTRUCT!" I screamed as Chloe as I quickly pulled the chain, making Rimuru make a circle with me as its centre and pushed him as far away as I could before jumping back myself. As I looked at Knox mid jump, his body began to glow and grew brighter, until a large boom resonated with the entire arena.

The blast radius is too big! I miscalculated how much energy he had. He even went as far as exploding his own core, along with the magicules present in the air.

Just as I put up my shield, I was quickly pulled back the chains that were connecting me to Rimuru.

But, before I could get out of the range of the explosion, the fire engulfed the shield that I had created. I quickly surrounded myself with Turn Null, devouring all the fire I could, the this for was different. It was imbued with the soul of a Third Era God. There is no way out would be that easy to devour.

I expected the shield to breach, but that did not happen. Instead, it was Rimuru's thought communication that told me that everything had ended.

'Ciel, you can undo the shield. The explosion has died down.'

As I heard Rimuru say that, I dropped my shield to look around. The entire area was scorched, but the place behind was in a relatively better state thanks to me eating away the explosion.

Similar to this, there were two more spots. One of the place was completely covered in a black layer. As the Black layer broke apart, Guy walked out of it, completely unscathed. As for the other spot, Milim just stood there. She had a few burns and her hair was charred, but the damage was nothing serious.

I can understand that they were shielding themselves, but still. They took that attack at point blank range. How?!

"That was not the real Knox. I doubt it was the real him." Rimuru said as he came behind me.
"True. That's the only plausible reason. But then, where is he?"

"I don't know. But atleast not in the arena." Rimuru said as he was looking at our booth.

"He's with Veldanava. I can see him from the clone I left with Shion."

"You can see him? How is the connection not cut off?"
"I don't know. But it seems like they are using that connection as well. Someone from outside is helping them." Rimuru says as I point at the earthlings. Their synchronisation with each other is truly remarkable.

But it is not an impossible feat, considering that it can be done with the help of thought communication.

"They are not using thought communication. Rather, they can't. But they are still connected to each other. Unlike thought communication that anyone in our world can use, on Earth, it is a rare and sought after skill.

But obviously, maintaining the skill, whilst also fighting Yggdrasil is not something that they can do. So who do you think it's behind this?" Rimuru asked with a smirk.

I already had my doubts as to why Chandra walked off the arena so willingly. To think it was because she wasn't needed in the battlefield in the first place. By moving out of the battlefield, she is now no longer a target and is not even holding them back. Truly a blessing for them.

"It seems like you figured it out." Rimuru said with a smirk.

Meanwhile, in the booth of the Cardinal World...
3rd Person POV

As the True Dragons, along with Lucia continued to watch the fight, they were quite happy to see that their side was winning, comfortably at that. The only one with a sour look was Lucia.

Despite not being alive when Veldanava and Knox had a 'friendly' spar, she had been able to see the dimension that they had fought in. Veldanava had told her that the fight didn't last for more than ten minutes and resulted in a draw.

But the remains of the battlefield told another story. The entire land was full of craters kilometres wide and air was filled magicules so dense that even Awakened Demon Lords or True Heroes would die due to magicule poisoning. And that was after the magicules had nearly a few centuries to dissipate.

But the Knox in the arena lacked to show even a part of the strength that she believed him to have. She knew something was wrong. And just as she had expected, the doors to the booth opened and in walked a man who shouldn't have been here.

"I didn't expect you would be bold enough to come here on your own, Knox." Veldanava said with a smile as he grinned and turned to face Knox. But Velgrynd and Velzard were shocked. So were most of the subordinates. Apart from Zegion, Diablo and Mizeri, none of them had managed to guess what was going on.

"Your clone really got bashed around like a pinball." Veldanava said with a small chuckle.

"Well, the only thing that come has is my physical capability. It doesn't even have my skills or fighting experience. So I am quite satisfied with the result."

"Oh really? It seems more like an excuse to me."

Even after being taunted, Knox didn't reply and stayed quiet.

"Now that your job is done, what's your aim? What are you going to do now?" Knox asked in a serious tone. The teasing look on Veldanava disappeared.

"Not much. I guess I will finally retire. Spend some time with Lucia and Milim. Go on a few adventures. I'll leave the Cardinal world to the younger generation." Veldanava with a slightly said tone.

This surprised the true dragons even more. They did not know of Veldanava having any sort of job, or him retiring. Yet, unlike Veldora, both Velgrynd and Velzard understood that what was being discussed was important, and decided not to interrupt.

"What about you Knox? It's not too late to settle down." Veldanava said.
"Sorry to say, but I doubt my world would be as simple to control. Especially the younger generation that isn't even united. They are constantly fighting against each other, either politically or thorough firearms. Though I understand that it is near impossible to control a universe this big, so I might have to break into smaller worlds. But that's the future me to decide." Knox said nonchalantly as he looked down at the fight between Yggdrasil and the earthlings.

——————

I hope you guys like it.