Ch-101

3rd Person POV

As Rizzete and Finn fought with Orcanyx, Cyrus continued to attack Behemoth, occasionally helping Finn and Rizzete by healing them or providing the boost in their abilities.

Behemoth didn't seem to be in a rush, waiting for Orcanyx to make a move. He would only attack occasionally, separating Cyrus from providing direct support to Rizzete and Finn.

Meanwhile, inside the Cardinal World's booth, Veldanava was engaged in a interrogation with Rimuru, Guy and Ciel.

"What does it mean that he is a Seventh Era Soul? If that's the case, then how is he a Sixth Era God? Shouldn't be be a Seventh Era God?" Guy asked.

"That is usually the case. The soul of a person undergoes various tribulations before finally becoming a God. These tribulations could take tens of millennia at the very least. This is the very first time that a newly born soul has become a God so quickly." Veldanava explained.

"Wait! So we all are the sixth Era Souls, but dear is a Seventh Era?" Ciel asked.

"Well, not everyone here is a sixth Era soul. Well, I am a third Era soul." Veldanava replied.

"Does me being a seventh Era soul name any difference?" Rimuru asked.

"On the large scale, no. It didn't matter if you are the progenitor of the seventh Era Souls. Son, there would be more seventh Era Souls, and after a few millennia, we might see the first of the seventh Era Gods." Veldanava replied.

"What ab-" Guy was about to ask something but was interrupted by a large explosion on the arena. Instinctively, everyone turned to see the arena.

The battle, which was at a stalemate took earlier, shifted majorly into Orcanyx's favor.

Her body, which was made of a unique type of stone had managed to grow out six additional arms. Each of her eight arms was either wielding a weapon or casting crest magic.

"What's that?" Ruminas asked as she saw weird glowing symbols on the arm of Orcanyx.

"Crest magic." Veldanava spoke up.
"Very few people actually use it. As it is inscribed into your body, it cannot be changed. But, on the contrary, it becomes much more stronger and quicker. If you inscribe a magic crest for explosion on you arm, your arm will be unable to transfer magic through it as all the magic will get absorbed by the magic circle. So, it is no less than a double-edged sword." Veldanava explained.

Each of Orcanyx's four arm has a magic circle inscribed for each of the basic four elements. Since the arms are mere accessories which could be discarded at the drop of the hat, it is not a problem for Orcanyx to inscribed the magic circles.

He had just used both his fire and wind magic at the same time to cause a huge explosion. Catching the two off guard, Orcanyx quickly dashed at the duo. Not expecting Orcanyx to close the distance, Finn was unable to react to Orcanyx's slash in time.

Orcanyx managed to graze Finn's cheek with the Slash, but that wasn't the main aim. By closing the distance, Orcanyx was able to position himself in such a way that he was between Finn and Rizzete.

Most of the time, this would be a bad choice, but against these two, it was not a bad one. Both Rizzete and Finn were used to fighting side by side. Though they had spent a considerable time together, they still couldn't predict what the other would do.

As such, cutting off their communication by coming in between them was not a bad choice. Add to the fact that he had six additional arms, dealing with both of them at the same time is not too difficult.

"Seeing him reminds me of clayman." Rimuru commented. Hearing him, everyone started to nod. He indeed did look a lot like Clayman, but he was much more in control of his power.

"I wonder if he will have a similar end as Clayman." Guy said with a smirk.

"I doubt it. It seems like Finn and Rizzete are giving their all, but Orcanyx still has a few hidden tricks. Even Behemoth is yet to make a move. Until Finn has a clearly decisive move to end this fight, it doesn't look too favorable for them." Ciel analysed the situation.

What Ciel had said was to the point. Orcanyx may not be phenomenal in hand to hand combat, but his superior build, coupled with his extra limbs made him a tough opponent. And, even then he was able to use magic that would take a few seconds to activate instantaneously, without any prior warning.

Finn, who was completely losing right now, was getting more and more desperate. He might be a hero who had faught through hell to kill Eternal, but at the end of the day, he was still a sheltered boy, no older than 25. He had spent more than half his life in a village, only hunting small beasts for food. It hasn't even been a decade since his power as the Golden Crestbearer had manifested.

And even that power that he used to kill Eternal, it didn't belong to him. Rather, it belonged to his predecessors, the previous Crimson Crestbearers. And Finn knew it as well. He was nothing more than a vessel for that power. And he would be nothing more, at least not till he managed to perfectly control that power.

As if realising that, he abruptly stopped attacking. This surprised both Rizzete and Orcanyx who momentarily stopped as well.

"What? Are you giving up?" Orcanyx asked haughtily, but in reality, he was on extreme alert. He had a foreboding that Finn was about to do something, and he was right.

Suddenly Finn's eyes which were glowing a bright golden colour became red, signifying that he had stopped using his Golden Crest. His Red eye suddenly erupt into flames. The red flames slowly became Golden and he looked at Orcanyx.

Orcanyx didn't wait for him to get used to his power and used his crest to blow up the ground below him and dashed straight at him. He completely ignored Rizzete who had a few bruises and dashed straight at Finn.

"So that's the power that killed Eternal? That is definitely something." Behemoth said as he flung his tail on the ground, right where Cyrus was standing. Cyrus managed to dodge the direct impact, was still blown away by the shockwaves. Behemoth then quickly launched a flame breath at Finn and flew towards him. But just as he was about to reach Finn, purple chains bound him.

He looked around and saw four purple diamond shaped portals with chains coming out of them. Behemoth suddenly started panicking, not because of the chain, but because of the large magic circle that had appeared below and above him.

Suddenly, his body began to freeze, starting from the tail, slowly up his torso and legs before completely freezing him. Once his wings were frozen, he was already unable to fly, suspended only thanks to the chain that bound him.

Suddenly the chains disappeared as Cyrus feel to the ground. Behemoth's frozen body shattered to pieces as it fell to the ground.

————————

I hope you guys like it.