Ch-99

3rd Person POV

On the arena, Yggdrasil was standing alone. Facing her were the ten individuals from her world. At first, Yggdrasil war only there to announce the match between Finn and Orcanyx, but Chandra and Arun obviously interfered, saying that they wanted to battle it out with Yggdrasil for the control over their world.

This caused the entire crowd to turn silent. All the Gods quickly started to assess the ten individuals, but soon lost their interest, seeing that none of them would be able to put up a fight against her.

"Are you sure you want to go against my rule? If you lose, it wouldn't just be the end of your lives, but your world as well." Yggdrasil stated in a tone of indifference. It was a well known fact that Yggdrasil survived by feeding on different worlds. For this reason, she was also called the Devourer of the Worlds.

"Yes. Of course. We came here after strengthening our resolve. We would much rather die than continue be toys for your amusement!" Arun declared.

"Very well. So? Will any other God take sides?" Yggdrasil asked as she looked at the booth which belonged to the Cardinal World. Though she could not see inside it, she could feel that Rimuru was starting straight at her.

Just like the battle between Finn and Orcanyx, where many gods took sides, this battle was to be the same. Both sides could receive support.

"I support them." Rimuru's voice resounded through out the arena as the glass that seperated the booth from the arena disappeared and Rimuru jumped onto the arena, followed by Ciel and Chloe. These three, Yggdrasil had expected. But she had not expected Guy, Zelanus, Rudra, Ruminas, Ramiris and Milim to join as well.

Her spies had already told her that even though earthlings had contacted most of the demon lords, they only had a successful negotiation with Rimuru. She had not expected all of them to take part.

"Well, if this is how things are going to be, then I will have to take part as well." A man said as he jumped down from a different booth.

"I, Knox, will support Yggdrasil." The man declared as he stood besides Yggdrasil. Yggdrasil, who saw this had a smile on her face and her red cheeks were a clear indication that she was blushing.

Meanwhile, on the other hand, Rimuru was having a different thought. Knox, the God of his previous world, was someone with whom he had an enmity with. Though Knox himself had done nothing to Rimuru or his closed ones, that itself was a reason why he was angry.

He had lost Ciel to a series of unfortunate incidents after his brother decided to ambush him. No matter how bad their luck was, Rimuru had no one else to blame but himself. But as a way of justifying himself, and reducing his guilt, somewhere in his heart, he believed that Knox, the God, had played with their destiny.

But now, he knew that was just his way of escaping reality. But that didn't mean he didn't have anything to say. He had a lot to say in reality. Humanity has been besieged by many problems. Some were big enough to even lead to extinction. Yet, Knox never made a move. He continued to observe. As if everything was just a source of enterteinement to him.

"It doesn't look like anyone else will join you." Guy spoke in a provocative tone, but Yggdrasil didn't bite the provocation.

"It seems so. So, to make it even, you all cannot use your subordinates, but we can. I am sure you will not deny that."

"And why should we agree to it? I see no sense in giving up a clear advantage." Rudra replied with a smile. Rudra himself had no qualms with agreeing to the condition. After all, he was just like Guy, prideful and arrogant. But that did not mean he was an idiot. He knew well to exercise caution in things such as these where other Gods are involved.

"Well, it wouldn't be fair to us, then."
"Since when was the world fair? You taught us very well how unfair the world is, Yggdrasil." Chandra responded in a cold voice.

"Well, that was because you are weak!"
"Well, right now, you are the weaker ones." Chandra retorted.

"Alright, calm down. We will agree to your condition. We don't want it to look like we were bullying our elders." Rimuru said with a smirk.

In reality, the entire decision to fight was to make a name for themselves. Everything would be for naught if they were to fight alongside their subordinates. Everybody would only think of them as cowards and their image will only fall.

Chandra, seeing that Rimuru, their main backer, had agreed to her terms did not say anything.

"It's good that some of you atleast have brains. But, you must realise that you can't just join the fight without anything to put into it, right?"

"What do you want us to bet on?" Ciel asked.

"The better question will be what can you bet?" Yggdrasil said with a smirk as she glanced at Veldanava. Seeing that, Veldanava just closed his eyes and did not respond.

"Let's do this, if you lose, you lose your realm, right? So we will do the same. If you win, we will give a world as well." Rimuru replied cheekily.

"Hoh? Does that mean you are willing to use the Cardinal World as a betting chip?"

"Huh? Who said anything about the Cardinal World?" Rimuru replied, acting as if he was shocked.

"Huh?" Yggdrasil was equally shocked. Apart from the Cardinal World, which other world could they be talking about. They weren't full fledged gods yet. They war no way they had their own world. Atleast not yet.

That could only mean one thing. Atleast one of them received an alternate dimension as their inheritance gift.

"Looks like I wasn't wrong about you, Rimuru." Knox spoke up.

"What do you mean?" Rimuru spoke with an emotionless tone.

"You are dangerous. Dangerous enough that if you were still alive, I would have killed you myself." Knox dropped a bombshell on everyone. The entire crowd started murmuring. All the Gods started talking amongst each other.

Knox just declared to everyone that despite being a Third Era God, he was wary of Rimuru. Not only that, everyone quickly connected the dots that Knox was the God ruling over Rimuru's previous world and Rimuru, on his previous world, was dangerous enough for Knox to take action.

But the one who was the most shaken was Yggdrasil. She knew how strong Knox was. Even she wouldn't be much more than a sparring partner for Knox.

"What do you mean dangerous? I was just a harmless human." Rimuru asked, clearly intrigued.

"You were not 'just' a human. Your soul. It was a seventh Era soul. The first seventh Era soul to exist." Hearing his words, the entire crowd went silent. They just started wide-eyed at Rimuru, who Knox had just declared the first Seventh Era Soul.

--------

I hope you guys like it.