Ch-98

Rimuru's POV

After passing through the portal, I found myself back at the arena. I look down at my hands and the bracelet that I was wearing. I could make the bracelet invisible, and that is exactly what I did.

As I walked towards the exit, I realised that apart from me, there was no one on the arena. The large gate through which I had entered was nowhere to be seen. Instead, a different gate, which was similar but not exactly the same came into view.

Two giants, that were atleast ten feet tall were guarding the gate. Seeing me approach, they bowed, before opening the gate for me to pass through. I acknowledged their blow and passed through the gate. In the other side was a maid, or rather a group of them. Seeing me, one of the maids approached.

"You must be Rimuru-sama, from the Cardinal World. Please follow me. I will take you back to your world's booth."

"Alright." I continued to follow her as she led the way. After taking a series of turns, she finally stopped in front of a door. I opened the door and walked in.

"Hoh? You are finally back. Took you long enough." Veldanava said with a smirk.

"Hmph, how long have I been gone for?"
"Two weeks." I turn around to face Ciel who answered my question. She then proceeded to hug me, and I obviously didn't deny.

"Two weeks? That's a surprise. He said that no time would pass at all." I mutter out loud.

"He? Who are you talking about? Which God's inheritance did you choose?" Guy asked with curiosity.

"Why don't you tell me your first?"

"Sure. I chose the second Era God Noden. I could have chosen Shiva as well, but I believe Noden was a better match with me."

Who is Noden? How the hell am I supposed to know what powers you have? I looked around the room and saw that most of the people were back. Rudra, Guy, Ramiris, Milim, Leon, Ruminas, Yuuki and Luna were here. The only one missing was Zelanus.

"By the way, where's Shion and Diablo?" I ask as I realise they are nowhere to be seen.

"They should be here any time no-"

*Bam* The door smashes open violently as Shion barges in, followed by Diablo and the demoness trio and lastly by Valora.

"Rimuru-sama. You are back!" Shion spoke in an excited Tone.

"It's good to see that you are back milord." Diablo spoke up as well.

"Yes. So? Where were you guys?"

"We were using the training room to spar a little. Valora replied.

"I see. So? What's the plan now?" I ask Veldanava.

"That's a good question. Even I am not sure. But, Finn and Rizzete have already returned from their awakening, so I doubt that the fight can be avoided. I believe they will wait till everyone finishes the Awakening." Veldanava told us.

"Hmm... By the way did you see them?" I ask Guy.

"You are talking about those humans from Earth? I did see them. They should have awakened and returned by now." Guy responded.

"Well, no matter how much you guys want to fight. There is still about two weeks approximately before the last one leaves the Awakening ceremony. So you guys won't be able to take any actions till then.

After this ceremony, there is a training session that would be held." Veldanava informed us.

"Training session?"

"Yes. Well, more than a training session, it's more of a way for young Gods like you to establish yourself and form factions."

"So it is just a way to show our worth?" Ruminas asked.

"Sort of, yes."

"*Sigh* And here I thought I would finally be free from the stupid politics." I voice out my true feelings with a sigh.

"Well, of you are fine diverting the topic enough, why don't you tell us which God's Inheritance you have received?" Guy spoke up.

"Oh right. I completely forgot about it, didn't I? I got the inheritance of the Void God, I guess?"

"You guess?"
"Yeah. I am not really sure. I mean, like what did you get as his inheritance?" I ask.

"Why should I tell you that?"

"True. But it must be something that makes you stronger, right? The only thing I got is this bracelet." I said as I disabled its invisibility function.

Seeing the bracelet, everyone had curious looks. Only Veldanava had a shocked look, which he quickly hid.

"Really? That's all you got? It must be some sort of strong artifact, right?" Leon asked, but I just nodded in disapproval.

"No. It is not that strong. Rather, it makes you weaker rather than stronger in a fight." Veldanava spoke up, which surprised everyone.

"You know about this, don't you, Veldanava?" I ask.
"Of course. Even I used it to control my powers when I had just received my powers of creations from Azura Mazda." Veldanava informed us.

"You used this as well?" I asked surprised.

"Yes, of course. Even I wasn't that talented in controlling Stardust. I had to use the bracelet for nearly three decades before I was confident enough that I could do without it."

"Wait... Did that mean you can control Turn Null now?" Milim asked with a cute face as she literally teleported in front of me.

"Well, yes I can. To some extent." I lied to her. Nobody here send to know about Nihilium, so it's better to keep it that way. I can tell it Ciel and Chloe later on.

3rd Person POV

For the next two weeks, few gods would occasionally return from the arena. Zelanus, who was the last one to return from the Cardinal World arrived one week after Rimuru.

During these two weeks, everyone doesn't their time consolidating their inheritances. Most of them received the inheritance from the same God as that is their Ultimate skill. The only differences were that is Zelanus and Ciel.

Ciel, who was a Manas, didn't have an ultimate skill. But this doesn't mean that she received no inheritances. The inheritance she received belonged to the Goddess of Wisdom, Athena. As for Chloe, she had received the inheritance from the God of Time, Yog-Sothoth.

As for Zelanus, he was completely different from the others. He became the first and only progenitor of this era. He was the only God to not receive an inheritance, but create one. He was the first one to walk down the path he had chosen and was given the title the God of Insects.

As the generations of Gods increase, it gets more and more difficult to be the first one to achieve mastery overa matter, but Zelanus was the first and only one of the sixth Era to do something like this.

After two weeks had passed, everyone who had the entered the arena had come out. With the Awakening ceremony over, the fight between Orcanyx and Finn became the hot topic.

After a meeting between Orcanyx and Finn, it was decided that the battle would be a three vs three. And just as the battle details were announced to everyone, a new fight was also declared by Chandra and Arun.

————————

I hope you guys like it.