Ch-106

3rd Person POV

In Tempest, all of the high brass were having an important discussion. These were the few people who actually knew that Shinsha was staying in Ingrassia of her own accord. But that didn't reduce the amount of pressure on their backs.

If anything happened to her, there was no way they could face Rimuru. Even though she was always followed by atleast 5 members of the shadow unit, and atleast one of them had an Ultimate Skill, it is still not an understatement that she is in foreign territory. Anything can happen in such a case.

What they were afraid of wasn't Ingrassia. They knew the strength of Ingrassia and had many inside agents, so they knew that Ingrassia could do nothing to her. What they were really worried about was the spy that had been detected in Ingrassia.

That spy had a very unique way to teleport, which didn't affect the nearby magicules. More than that, the other side of the portal was nowhere to be found. He wasn't from this world, that was for sure.

"So, what do we do now? Talking to the princess is useless." One of the monsters, a lizardmen, said. 
"We can't do anything right now. Even with the shadow squad on hand, we are unable to find even the slightest bit of detail about that spy." An orc replied.

"Most importantly, even the Shadow unit that keeps guard of the princess refuses to provide the information. We can only-"

While such a discussion was going on, the doors of the room flung open and three women walked in. Everyone in the room hurriedly stood up and bowed.

"Testarossa-sama, Carerra-sama, Ultima-sama! What brings you here?" One of the participants of the meeting spoke up, without saying to lift his face.

"Don't worry. We are not here to blame you. If the princess herself doesn't want some information to reach your ears, then she can easily do it. I just came here to tell you that you all should focus on your daily activities. I will take care of this matter. Carerra, Ultima, please stay here and sorry out any problems that may have arisen." Testarossa said.

"Hmph. Don't order us around." Carerra declared in a haughty tone but did not refuse.
"That's right. I am only doing this because someone has to do it." Ultima also agreed with Carerra. Seeing this, Testarossa smiled as she teleported to Ingrassia.

Inside the castle, Testarossa became invisible, and was guided by Moss to the room where Shinsha was staying. Once they reached a simply decorated room, moss knocked on the door.

"Come in." Shinsha said from inside. Hearing her, both Moss and Testarossa entered.

Shinsha, who was lying on the bed while reading a book was surprised to see that Testarossa had returned.

"Has father and mother arrived?" Shinsha asked with hope evident in her eyes, but that hope was shattered when Testarossa nodded in denial.

"Sorry princess, but they are currently engaged in a fight with other Gods. But they should be arriving soon." Testarossa said. Shinsha was disheartened, but didn't let it show on her face.

"So? Why are you here?" Shinsha asked in a regal voice, that was quite unlike her, atleast two years ago.

Shinsha's presence caused an oppressive aura to spread around the room, but that was not done by her magicules, but her presence alone. Of course, such a presence is nothing much compared to a demon who was lived for millennias, but that does not mean it was any bit less impressive.

For a child who isn't even two decades old, having a presence at a level where even Testarossa was caught off guard is nothing short of an achievement.

"Princess,... What happened?" Testarossa asked, wanting to know the cause of such a change.

"Hmm...? What do you mean?" The regal aura that surrounded her all but broke apart as she tilted her head sideways, unable to understand Testarossa's question.

"Oh! You mean my aura?" Shinsha asked as her playful demeanor was suddenly exchanged with one of seriousness and the air in the room began heavy and suffocating, atleast to a normal person. To Testarossa and moss, it was nothing.

"That's right, princess."
"Well, that is thanks to my aunt!" Shinsha said as she quickly regained her playful demeanor. It was as if the previous aura was just a facade. Just to show that she could use that aura at any given instant.

"... Lady Chloe?" Though Testarossa doubted it would be Chloe since she was with them all this time, but there was no one else whom Shinsha called, it could call aunt. She even called the Velzard and Velgrynd big sis.

"No. I am not talking about Aunt Chloe. I am talking about Aunt Titania and not Aunt Chloe. After all, Aunty Chloe is with father and mother." Shinsha said as if it was obvious.

"Tita...nia?"
"Mhmm... that's right. Aunt Titania."

"Who is she?"

"Hmm... She said she was something akin to a sister to my father, so that makes her my aunt."

"Could she, by chance, be from..."
"That's right! She's not from this world, but the world in which father used to live." Shinsha explained. This caused Testarossa to obtain an answer which in turn gave rise to many more questions.

"Do you know where she is right now?" Testarossa asked.

"I do. She's right behind you." Shinsha said with a grin as she pointed behind Testarossa. Testarossa was sucked to know that someone was standing behind without alerting her, and thought Shinsha was joking. But she knew that Shinsha was not someone to make such jokes.

She quickly turned around and came face to face to a red haired woman with sharp eyes and a well built nose. She was wearing a red Qipao with a high slit running all the way along her thighs and nearly reaching her waist.

She was holding a short sword in her left hand and had a smirk on her face as she continued to stare at Testarossa.

"Aunt Titania, she is Testarossa. Testarossa, she is Titania." Shinsha introduced then to each other as she came in between them to reduce the tension between them.

"Mhmm. Nice to meet'cha." Titania was the first one to speak up as she broke away from the staring contest and extended her hand for a handshake. She had an accent in her voice, and her voice was hoarse and loud but clear.

"Nice to meet you, as well. I am Testarossa, a humble servant of lord Rimuru." Testarossa replied as she continued to keep a wary eye on her.

"Well then, I will leave you two to have a talk. Meanwhile, I will go out for a walk." Shinsha said.

"Understood. Take care, princess. Moss. Protect the princess." Testarossa said. She herself wanted to have a talk with Titania, so this was a very good opportunity. Nobody in the room even thought of it was alright for someone who was under house arrest to roam around freely, after all, they all knew, that as the sole princess of Tempest, she had more authority than even the king of Ingrassia.

———————————

I hope you guys like it.