Ch-83

Rimuru's POV

As I thought. These towers are like different dimensions. They are separate from this world and teleport from place to place, depending on where Yggdrasil sets her eyes to destroy.

"Even so. This civilizations seems quite primitive. To preserve things in stone like this."

"Sorry to disappoint you. But this is just as advanced as us. We ourselves have no better way to preserve things like this for the future." Arun said in sarcasm.

"That's right. We can't preserve texts as there is no guarantee that the languages we know will be still spoken. As for electronics, there's no guarantee it will work, even if we were to join it with a generator to give energy. It will short-circuit of we keep it active for more than a century, even with the best technology.

As for paper, it goes bad quick. That leaves only stone." Chandra explained.

"Why not use AI to activate or only when someone enters?" I suggest something that I thought was obvious but Arun and Chandra were staring at me like I was possessed. I could see Ciel literally facepalming.

'What?' I ask Ciel.
'You do know that the technology here is miles behind what was behind in our previous world? There's no way they have AI that can do that.'

"Which futuristic world do you live in? There's no such thing here." Arun asked.

"Don't worry about that. Just continue." I say, trying to change the topic. Both Arun and Chandra stare at me for a while before continuing.

"Right.... So as I was saying. These pictures are obviously proof that we are not the first world to face this."

"So?"

"As we found this, we started suspecting that there would be more interesting things to find. So all of us from India, China and Japan formed an elite squad to tackle the next floor, but disbanded before we came across the boss."

"Why?"

"The conditions were too tough. We would have suffered atleast a few casualty. And we can't have that. Atleast not now. So we just decided to push through in our own tower. And voila! We found this." Chandra said as she brought out a few square boxes.

"What are these?" Ciel asked as she picked one up and started observing it.

"Eye scan detected. Authorisation unmet." A mechanical voice came from the box.

"What does it mean by authorisation unmet?" I ask.

"That's what I want to know! Why did it work when we did it?!" Chandra asked in a shock.

"Try it." Ciel said as she tossed the box to Chandra, which she fumbled with for a bit, but managed to catch it at the end. She quickly brought her eyes close to it.

"Eye scan detected. Authorisation met. Basic conditions fulfilled. Advanced conditions unmet. Opening message one."

With that, the box flew out of her hand and a hologram appeared in the sky. The hologram showed nothing but a distorted footage. Nothing could be made out of it, and sound was also nothing clearer. It was as if an old footage had become corrupted.

"Is this what you wanted to show us?" I ask.

"Well, yes, but no. Not this one. All of these are corrupted, except one. That one, which is not corrupted, is with me." Arun said as he took out an identical box and placed it in front of his eye.

"Eye scan detected. Authorisation met. Basic conditions fulfilled. Advanced conditions unmet. Opening message six." The mechanical voice said. Six? I look around in the table and see there are twelve boxes. Do each of them have a message each?

As soon as the mechanical voice came to an end, a figure appeared in between us. It showed us an odd being with silver skin and golden hair braided down his sides. His top part of the skull was devoid of any hair and his eyes lacked any irises. His eyes were completely red. His nose was just holes in the skull, lying completely flat, right below his eyes.

Only his upper body was visible along with his hand that he had raised, which only had two fingers and a thumb. He was speaking in a foreign language that I was unable to understand. His speaking was fluent and sounded pleasant to the ear, yet the fact that we couldn't understand it was a problem. The video continued for a few minutes, before coming to an end.

"And? Even if it is functional, what's the point of you can't understand it?" I ask.

"You might not be able to understand it, but we can. The language that was being spoken was Sanskrit, an ancient language that is considered to be the mother of most languages in India.

After decoding it, we managed to obtain a rough summary." Chandra explained as she handed me a paper. It had the following things written on it.

1) The God ruling this world, Yggdrasil, can only survive by destroying and eating worlds.

2) Yggdrasil makes a show out of the destruction of different worlds to spread her name and gather like minded supporters.

3) As a mortal, it is impossible to kill a God.

4) To break free from this continuous cycle to destruction of worlds, the people must kill her. To do so, they'll have to become Gods themselves.

5) The way to become a God is still not known, but it is possible to become a pseudo-God for a short period of time by sacrificing your own lifespan.

6) The are five pills that can turn a being into a pseudo God. Ingesting them can greatly increase their skills and power, to the level of a God, but they won't live long enough.

"Alright. So what did you want my advice on?" I ask.

"Should we consider killing Yggdrasil?" Chandra asked in a serious voice.

"Why do you ask me that? Isn't she destroying your world for her own benefit?"

"That might be true. But you know, there might be some consequences for killing a God. Like, you know..."

"Well, you aren't exactly wrong. If you were to kill Yggdrasil, there would be no God left to protect this world. This means that other Gods are free to attack this world. And unlike Yggdrasil, they might just straight up kill you all without even giving you guys a chance." I inform them.

"So, what should we do?" Arun asked.

"It's your choice. Think it through. Either continue to survive by entertaining Yggdrasil, or kill her and live in fear of being attacked by other Gods." Ciel told them.

"You say that as if it would be that easy to kill Yggdrasil." Chandra pointed out. To this, Ciel just remained silent. Chloe continued to look over this with a look of unease, but didn't say anything.

"But this isn't a game. It's not like we have only two fixed options. There should be something else that we can do, right?" Arun asked.

"... That's right. There are many ways to defeat a God. One of the easiest is to become a God yourself."

"But what's the point? We only have a few potions. And even then, whoever takes it will die after some time. So what's the use?"

"Who said that was the only way to become a God?" I told them with a smirk.

————————

I hope you guys like it.