Ch-104

3rd Person POV

On the other side of the arena, as soon as the match began, Rimuru, Chloe, Ciel and Guy confronted Knox. Knox was, without a doubt, the greatest threat.

"Shouldn't we have taken Milim with us as well?" Guy asked as he tried to analyse Knox, but it failed. Guy was unable to deduce anything.

"No. Right now, she will be quite weak. Let her fight a bit and gather Stardust." Ciel replied as a nearly transparent chain came out of Ciel's chest and connected with Rimuru, before completely disappearing.

"Rimuru. I won't hold back. I know just how dangerous you are. You defeated two of my strongest subordinates. Be prepared. This is what you humans have taught me." Knox declared as metallic pipes came out of his back and implanted themselves in the nearby houses and buildings.

Rimuru and Ciel, the only ones who understood how dangerous this was took action.

"Don't let him become one with the city!" Rimuru screamed as he cut off a bundle of pipes with Despair, causing sparks to fly everywhere, but as of to replace those pipes, more and more pipes emerged.

Guy burnt an entire region along with the buildings and Chloe used her swordsmanship to make quick work of the nearby pipes, which seemed to grow and multiply infinitely.

Meanwhile Knox, the epicentre of the entire situation, was surrounded in what appeared to be a cocoon made of pipes.

"It's too late. Get ready. It will be a long fight." Rimuru said as he stopped his barrage of attacks and jumped back. Even though they had culled the number of pipe, their number was still beyond what they could deal with. Rimuru thought about blowing everything up as well, but that would have affected the others as well, so there was nothing he could do.

After a few seconds, the wires slowly assimilated into the concrete and disappeared. The cocoon in which Knox was slowly tore open as he walked out with a smirk on his face and a Armor made of liquid metal.

*Bam*

Suddenly, turrets appeared on the side of wall of a nearby building, opening fire at them. Ciel was the first one to react and quickly created a barrier to block the attacks. Seeing that his attacks were blocked, Knox created more turrets at different positions and began to shoot at them, but Ciel created a barrier encompassing them from all sides and stopping the barrage of attacks from reaching them.

"Do we really need to be vary of these metal pellets?" Guy asked as he picked up one of the fired bullets from the ground. Guy understood the principal on which guns worked, and he understood that turrets were just another form of gun, just stronger and bulkier. Even then, it should not be enough to break through his barrier.

"Yes. The metal bullets in and of themselves are not dangerous. What makes them dangerous is the many different enchantments that can be done to them. Like that one." Rimuru said as he pointed to one turret that was aiming at them, but didn't attack.

"If I have learnt anything from movies, that thing is charging up a super attack." Rimuru said with a laugh as he dashed out of the barrier and straight towards the turret. Guy was unable to understand what he meant, but he understood that the turret was dangerous.

While Rimuru slashed at the main turret that was charging its attack, Chloe and Ciel dealt with the remaining turrets. Guy, on the other hand, had taken the job of a demolition ball as he continued to destroy one building after another so that Knox cannot set up any new turrets.

Rimuru, who regained his footing looked at Knox, who continued to observe them emotionlessly. Soon, tens of turrets popped up from the ground and opened fire at them.

"You are on your own for this one, Chloe." Ciel said as she dropped the barrier and jumped out of the encirclement. Chloe was caught off guard, but managed to avoid getting hit by surrounding herself with wind and water.

Guy on the other hand was slowly losing his cool. He didn't bother to create a barrier. Most of the metal bullets were not enchanted and simply fell to the ground after hitting Guy, not even managing to leave a mark on his skin.

The few bullets that were enchanted quickly lost their enchantment as guy would analyse them and then remove them before they managed to get close to him.

Both Chloe and Guy started to destroy the turrets, but they would soon get replaced by more of them.

"Alright. I am done with this. These are so annoying!" Guy screamed as he completely released his aura, destroying everything in a few kilometres radius. If not for Knox's magicules that were present in the surrounding environment, the entire battlefield would have been flattened.

Rimuru, taking advantage of what Guy did, attacked Knox. Knox jumped backwards, but as soon as he was about to land, Rimuru sweeped across the ground, causing him to lose his balance.

Knox did a backflip to creat distance between him and Rimuru, but again, before he could land, he was attacked. This time, by Ciel, who had launched a few ice spears in his direction. The liquid metal Armor that was protecting Knox changed its shape as a part of it split into two as if it was a mouth and devoured the ice spears.

Meanwhile, Rimuru also a launched a shockwave at him by slashing with his sword, but this time, Knox took the hit head in and his Armor could not block the attack.

Rimuru closed the distance and struck at Knox with Despair, but his attack was blocked by Knox's spear. Knox's spear was two and a half meter long and made nearly completely of divine steel, or at least that is what others would perceive. But, in reality, the spear was a Soul Weapon, just like Despair.

According to the three will of its user, it could freely change its weight, shape and appearance. It was one of the most versatile Soul Weapons and could be used for both offence and defence.

As both Knox and Rimuru continued to exchange blows, Ciel was on the sidelines, cutting Knox's connection from the environment, all the whole keeping an eye on the battle, so that she could assist Rimuru at a moments notice if need be.

Knox's spear began to glow as he released a large amount of energy in Rimuru's direction, blowing everything up in its way. It's damage could easily be seen to be on the same level as Milim's Dragonnova as nearly a quarter of the city was blown up.

The bond joining Ciel and Rimuru, which was transparent till now, suddenly shone, and Rimuru was transported to where Ciel was.

"Your tricks are useless now Knox, let's start round two." Ciel said with a slight grin as she completely removed Knox's connection. Knox said nothing but just looked at her, before finally preparing himself.

——————————

I hope you guys like it.