Ch-109

Rimuru's POV

As soon as I activate the Crest of Sin, my body gets covered in various markings running across my body. I could feel power surging through me. I felt as if I was the strongest in the world, but as soon as I saw Knox, I realised. Defeating him won't be easy.

Even with all this power, he is still stronger me. Defeating him with brute strength is impossible.

*Bam*

While I was busy thinking what to do, Milim was sent flying as one of Knox's counter-attack managed to hit her.

"I am a bit disappointed. I expected more from the sole daughter of Veldanava." Knox said as of he was genuinely disappointed before turning to face me.

"So Rimuru? Have you done up with a plan? Or do you believe that you can't defeat me?"

Knox was clearly mocking me. He knows how I fight. Not only that, but he is better than me in both technique and strength. To top it all off, he had complete control over all of his powers.

But, that does not mean I will lose. After all, he didn't know how Guy, Milim and Chloe will fight. Not only that, but I have also learnt a few neat tricks in the Cardinal World.

"To tell you the truth. I alone am not enough to defeat you." I say as I slowly close the distance between us.

"But that's the thing. He's not alone!" Guy said as he teleported behind Knox and used his sword to slash horizontally through his torso, but the sword swung straight through him as if he wasn't even there.

I already knew that and continued to attack his chest. But, unlike before, Knox was defending my attacks. My attacks were not phasing through him like Guy's attack.

"Don't use a sword. Slashing attacks won't work. Use blunt weapons instead." I told Guy, who didn't question me and stored his sword and covered his fists in a black aura.

The reason slashing attacks won't work is simple. The Armor can neglect any damage till the time the damage would not be fatal. The same happened with Lucas. I was unable to harm him by cutting off his limbs, but attacking his head or torso worked.

But, for Knox, or rather any God, they only have one vital point. Their core. Even though it is not possible to locate his core, but if I attack Knox on his chest, then no matter where the core is in his torso, some amount of damage would be transmitted to it, no matter how small. As such, his Armor is unable to phase my attack through it.

But slashing is different. Though it wil be fatal to a mortal, or will only cut through a small part of his body. If the core is not in the line of action, the attack will simply phase through. Since we can freely move our cores, it is close to impossible to hit his core.

I continued to attack Knox with Guy supporting me, but Knox would easily block all the attacks. Milim also joined the fray, attacking from above, but he simply used her momentum against her and pushed her to the ground. It was easy to see that he was toying with us.

As my eyes wandered around thinking about what to do, I noticed the blood stain on the right arm of his shirt. Wait! If my sword managed to pierce his right arm, then his core must be somewhere there!

I continue to attack him, slowly focusing on his right side. Guy, who understood what I was doing also started aiming at his right side. Meanwhile Milim, well, she did whatever she wanted. But that's good as well. This distracted Knox and prevented him from realising what we were doing.

Slowly, but surely, we were definitely gaining a tempo on him, but Knox was having nothing of it.

Suddenly, Knox's Armor began to glow. Both me and Guy stopped attacking. Losing our a tempo is a small thing to sacrifice, compared to how dangerous that armour is and what it can do.

But Milim continued to attack. I wanted to stop her, but before I could say anything, she had already punched him, but surprisingly, Knox didn't block.

Milim's right arm, with which she had punched Knox, suddenly moved away from him. It was as if all the force in Milim's punch had recoiled. This was do sudden, that Milim couldn't react at all as Knox kicked her in the stomach. Just as she was about to be blown away. Knox grabbed her by her hair and buried his knee in her face. Milim stumbled back, still in a daze.

Suddenly, I noticed a sharp purple spike come out of one the few buildings that had managed to survive. I quickly moved in between Knox and that spike. Just as I had expected, Knox swept the ground with his right leg causing Milim to fall. Before Milim could fall to the ground, Knox kicked her with his left leg, making her fly straight towards the spike.

Luckily, I had acted quickly and managed to grab her and changed her trajectory at the last moment. But the speed with which she was sent flying was so high that even I couldn't stop her, and we both went crashing into the building, but we did manage to survive and not hit the spike.

Even though it is just a spike, I have an ominous feeling coming from it. It's better to stay away from it. 

"Milim, are you alright?" I ask her as I look at Milim standing up.

"Heh. Better than even before, Rimuru." Milim said with a crazed smile on her face. Though her face had traces of her blood, her injuries had already healed. 

"Let's go! I am all fired up. It's been ages since I could go all out." Milim screamed as she dashed towards Knox. I quickly followed her and from the corner of my eyes could see Guy looking at Milim with absolute anger. I guess covering for her isn't that easy.

Just as I was thinking that, i felt the strings around me tighten as I was pulled to my left, closely missing an explosion at my feet.

'What are you doing?! Focus.' I heard Ciel, not through my Soul Corridor, but through the string connecting our cores.

'Sorry sorry. I'll focus.' i don't say much and reorganize my thoughts. Knox's Armor is quite a pain to deal with, but at the same time, it is very easy to beat. We just need to find his core.

But that's the problem. His core can be anywhere in his body. Till now it was on his right side, but he could have shifted it now.

"Since when did you think so much? Just go with the flow." Guy shouted at me.

"Hahaha. So true. I am no longer the weaker one. I don't need to think so much. Let's just go with the flow." I say as I dash towards Knox.

————————

I hope you guys like it.