Sit With Me

*A/N- Here's a little added Mia and Char moment. I wanted to put my own little spin on the time just before the framing of Jodie. Enjoy!

(CHAR POV)
Mia kept checking her phone on the way there. It went off at least 10 times, and every time a new message appeared, she would tense up and get mad. I hadn't seen her this angry since she crashed Marjorie's car. I wanted to ask her if she was okay, but I could tell she wasn't in the mood for talking.

"We're here." I said as we pulled up. We were at one of the nicer assisted living facilities. "Um. Where is here, exactly?" She opened the door to get out. A few workers were standing at the doors waiting for her.

"It's a long story. You can come with me if you like, but if you would rather leave that's fine too. I can always call a taxi to take me back to my car." She put her head down and put one foot out the door.

I grabbed her hand, and she looked back at me. Realizing what I had just done, I pulled my hand back. "If it's all right with you, I'll come in. Just in case you need someone with you." I turned the car off, and we both walked up to the doors to meet the workers.

"Ms. Roberts, good evening." A tall man stepped forward to shake her hand. Mia glared at him and crossed her arms. He turned to me to shake my hand instead, "Is this your girlfriend? Your mother mentioned a -" Mia cut him off. I didn't realize, but when he asked if I was her girlfriend, I'd started to hold my breath. The man stepped back like he knew she was furious.

"Where is she?" Mia asked.

He cleared his throat and gestured for us to go inside. "Of course. Right this way, ma'am." She brushes past him and into the building. I follow behind her.

"I wouldn't even have to be here if you all were able to do your jobs. I was just here yesterday and she was fine." Mia says as the man leads us down to a family room.

"As I said on the phone, she woke up having an episode. We calmed her, but somehow, she managed to get one of the staff badges. We noticed 5 minutes later. I promise she didn't get far, and the staff member is being dealt with. We are very sorry for this inconvenience." Her voice was very serious, and she had a blank expression on your face.

"Being dealt with? Sorry for the inconvenience? You're joking, right? If that's all you have to say for your blatant disregard for her safety, then maybe I need to take her elsewhere and refund my very generous donation to your business." Mia's eyes were dark. The calm in her voice was more terrifying than anything else that she'd done.

My thoughts went back to when we were outside. He said something about her mother. I'd never heard Mia mention anything about either of her parents. Honestly, I thought they were both dead or something like Reece and Autumn's mum since no one ever talked about them. I wasn't sure if she wanted me to say anything, so I just sat in the corner of the room while she dealt with them.

"There's no need to do anything like that, Ms. Roberts. She's been thoroughly checked, and we have more routine checks on her. This will not happen again." He was starting to sweat trying to convince her they were doing their best. This man was twice her size and her age, and she practically had him in tears with fear. That was hot.

A nurse came in with an older woman. She looked to be in her fifties or almost that old. Mia's eyes and face softened as she looked at the woman. She got up and pulled her into a hug. I'd never seen Mia be so loving towards another person. "Hello, Mum. Are you alright? I heard you had some trouble today." She tucked her Mums hair behind her ears and held her hands.

"She's fine. Everything is great now, and she was just about to go to dinner." The man spoke up again, making Mia glared at him.

"I don't believe I was asking you."