Sweet Dreams

*A/N- I had a bad day yesterday, so I decided to get lost for a bit and write something sweet for you guys. Hope you like it because I really do. Let me know what you think. Happy reading! Enjoy!

(MIA POV)
When I was younger, I would always have these very elaborate and realistic feeling dreams. In the morning, when I woke, I was always unable to tell if the dream had been real or not. Not like deja vu, but something along those lines.

It was as if I could see into the future, or I was trying to imagine what my future would be like.

After a while, the dreams stopped. Only nightmares were left in my dreamscape. It was almost impossible to fall asleep or stay that way because I was so scared of what might appear in my head.

The nightmares were so realistic that I would wake up screaming or sweating from how hard I was trying to get away from them.

Recently, the nightmares have subsided, and the sweeter dreams have returned.

Life is still as chaotic as ever, but falling asleep on the phone with Charlotte has helped to ease my subconscious. I go to bed thinking about her and what our life would look like if this all works out the way I want it to. I had a dream like that the other night.

A day after I received my visit from Katie, I couldn't sleep. My brain wouldn't shut off, and it was driving me crazy. That was the only night we didn't have one of our usual phone calls. I was in meetings all day, and the last one didn't end until 7 pm Chicago time. It wasn't fair to make her stay up and wait for me, so I just promised I would call her the next morning.

I tried to fall asleep by myself, but I really did. Nothing was working, though. I had to hear her voice.

It was 3am for her, but I couldn't stop myself from dialing her number.

She answered the phone in a sleepy tone, rubbing her eyes so they would adjust faster, "Mia? What time is it?"

Calm washed over my mind at the sound of her voice, "Hello, Sweetheart. Sorry, it's late, or maybe really early? For you anyway. I just couldn't sleep and wanted to hear your voice." I smiled at her. She looked like she was comfortable, and I had just ruined her deep slumber.

She turned on her beside lamp and sat up slightly. "Everything okay?" She asked, concern in her tone.

"Yes, everything is fine. I just miss you and couldn't settle, but you can go back to sleep now." I said, reassuring her that I was okay.

She glared at me, and I wasn't sure if she was questioning me or still adjusting to the light. "I'm already awake now, so you might as well tell me about your day." She yawned, and her eyes started to get heavy.

I let out a small laugh, "You're yawning and falling back asleep right now."

"I am not!" Seeing her fight off the sleepy inside her was so cute. She yawned again, "Okay, maybe I'm not as awake as I thought."

I smiled at her again, "Just go back to sleep, baby. Don't hang up, though. When we stay like this, it helps me feel like I'm with you."

She gave a sleepy grin and propped her phone up next to her, "Alright, as long as you're sure." She laid down on her pillow and tucked herself back into the blankets. "I'm right here if you need me. Sweet dreams, Dearest." She whispered, attempting to blow me a kiss, but she was half asleep, and it didn't work.

Hearing her call me pet names always made my heart flutter. She'd been testing out a few of them recently but couldn't decide on one that she liked.

I laid myself down and tried to get all cozy under the covers. I looked back over at her and felt a stupid grin come across my face. "Sleep tight, Sweetheart." I watched her for a moment until my mind was relaxed enough, and my eyes got heavy.