Chapter 1

I was wiping off the countertop when my friend Jaslene moped over, sitting down on one of the stools. The look on her face says it all...she's tired of this place.
"Elle, I'm tired of this place."
I told ya.
"So am I Jas, but what can we do? We need money to pursue our dreams."
"Yeah, but I'd rather much be doing something other than taking off my clothes every night for sleazy men."
I place my hand on hers. "I know, but in the end it'll all be worth it and you'll be taking your clothes off for top designers and top photographers."
A smile touches her lips. "I'm glad you have faith for the both of us."
The DJ begins calling her name.
"Girl, I gotta go and thanks Elle. I can always count on you."
I wink as she walks away, getting up on the stage. I go back to cleaning up when someone clears their throat. I look up and lo and behold, the asshole that's been coming here for the past month is sitting in front of me with his usual shades and the usual cocky smirk on his face.
I huff. "What can I get you, sir?" I say with a slight attitude.
"Now is that any way to speak to a paying customer?" He says, tauntingly.
I put on my best fake smile. "What can I get you, sir?"
"That's better. A Rum and Coke. For the Rum, I want Captain Morgan Dark Rum."
I fix his drink and hand it to him. He drops a 100 dollar bill on the counter. This man is always dropping money like this.
"Keep the change, sweet cheeks." He says, walking away.
I scoff, rolling my eyes. He knows I hate that nickname, but he's been calling me that since he's been coming here.
Jaslene walks over, smirking. "Water."
I hand her the water and she's still giving me that smirk.
"What?"
"Oh, nothing." She sings.
"Then why are you looking at me like that?" I asked, curiously.
"Like what?" She says, innocently.
"You know what."
"Alright. I give up. Who was that fine ass man that was just sitting here?"
"Just some cocky bastard who's been coming here for the past month."
"He has really taken a liking to you."

I raise an eyebrow. "What do you mean?"
"I've seen the way he's been checking you out. In fact, he's doing it right now." She says, looking over her shoulder.
I look in the direction she's looking in. How can she tell? He has shades on. I get my confirmation when he raises his glass at me.
I roll my eyes. "Well, he can keep looking because he's not my type." I turn my back to put some bottles of Gin up. "Plus, I have a boyfriend at home."
"But you have to admit that the man is hot."
"I guess."
"Oh, come on Elle. Admit it."
"Ok, he's hot."
"And so are you, sweet cheeks."
I turn around, startled. I regain my composure once I see it's him.
"What do you want now?" I asked with attitude.
"Ooo feisty. I like that."
"I'll talk to you later." Jaslene said, getting up.
I was begging with my eyes for her to stay, but she walked away, laughing.
I let out a breath. "Again I ask, what do you want?"
"Another Rum and Coke, sweet cheeks."
"Look, the names Giselle, alright asshole." I said, annoyed.
He gives me that cocky smirk as I'm making his drink.
"Your name is whatever the fuck I say it is, sweet cheeks." I look up and he snatches his shades off. I'm immediately breath taken by those brown eyes of his. "You must not know who the fuck I am." He continues. "I can own your ass in 2.5 seconds."
I pass him his drink a little intimidated. He smirks, putting his shades back on. He throws another hundred on the counter and walks away. I let out the breath I didn't know I was holding and continue to serve the other customers. My shift ends. I say bye to everyone, but I can't find Jaslene anywhere. I ask everybody have they seen her until someone says she went out back for a smoke. I go out back and I'm baffled by the scene.