Chapter 27

I stand here shocked and pissed. Chris just knocked my stuff off my dresser and caused my mirror to fall and break.
"You will not tear up my room! You gotta go!"
"Why, so you can fuck him some more?!"
"I've told you-"
Michael rushes in and comes right over to me.
"You ok?" He asked, concerned.
"Yeah."
"How about you mind your goddamn business?" Chris says.
"How about you stop acting like a bitch?"
"Excuse me?" Chris says, stepping closer to Michael.
Michael chuckled. "Chris, I advise you to back the fuck up."
"Or what?"
"You'll find out if you don't get the fuck out of my face!"
"Ok, you two! That's enough!" I say, getting between them.
Chris moves me aside. "I wanna see what he's gonna do if I don't get out of his face."
I see Michael's jaw tighten and he balls up his fists.
"Y'all not fighting in my house!" I say, stepping back between them.
They continue staring each other down. At least I'm preventing them from throwing punches.
I look at Michael. "Please go wait in the living room, Michael."
He breaks his stare with Chris and looks at me.
"Please?" I mouth.
He nods and goes back to the living room. I look at Chris, shaking my head.
"Why are you being so childish?"
"Are you fucking serious, right now?! I'm being childish?! What about him?!"
"You started it!"
"I don't believe this shit. My own girlfriend is defending another man?!" He shakes his head. "Just proves that you're fucking him."
With that Chris brushes past me, heading down the hall.
"Chris!" I call.
He stops and turns slightly. "When you're ready to be the girlfriend you once was, then you call me."

He walks out the door, slamming it shut. I turn around, looking at my destroyed things. I'm on the brink of tears as I squat down and start picking up shards of glass. Michael comes in and helps me. I sit on the floor and out of nowhere I just breakdown.
"I'm tired of this. I'm over it." I say through my tears.
Michael rubs my back, consoling me.
"I know you probably won't believe me, but everything's going to work out. You just have to be patient."
"No Michael, you don't understand." I said, looking into his eyes. "I've just lost my boyfriend. I love him so much and he thinks I'm cheating."
"I understand more than you think. But I can't help feeling this is my fault."
I look at him confused. "How could it be your fault?"
He rubs the back of his neck. "I was taunting him and kinda insinuating that something was going on between us."
I shake my head. "Why would you do that?" I asked, brokenly.
"For my own selfish reasons, but I didn't think he would react like that."
I stand up angrily. "Well, he did!"
I run into the bathroom, locking the door behind me. I sit on the floor by the toilet and let the angry tears flow. I hear Michael knocking on the door, but I don't want to see his face right now.
"Go away, Michael! Leave!"
A few minutes later, I calm down, but I have a feeling he's still out there so I'm not moving until he leaves. I soon feel myself getting sleepy. My eyelids start to shut, but I try to keep them open. Before I know it, I fall into a peaceful slumber. I awake to the rustling of pots and pans. Once I'm fully awake, I notice that I'm still in the bathroom lying on the toilet lid. I get up, unlock the door, and cautiously go in my room. I notice that everything's cleaned up. I get my robe, put it on, and follow the smell of breakfast being cooked. I see Michael in the kitchen cooking pancakes. I clear my throat. He looks and smiles.
"Good morning."
"Didn't I tell you to leave?"
He scoffs. "Good morning, Michael. How are you this fine morning? Oh, I'm great. Thanks for asking." He says, sarcastically.
I roll my eyes. "Answer my question."
He goes back to the pancakes.
"Michael, do you hear me talking to you?"

He starts whistling, ignoring me completely. I go over to him and snatch the spatula out his hand, slamming it down on the countertop.
"Get out."
He chuckles, turning the burner off.
"No."
"Now, Michael."
"I'm not going anywhere until I've had my breakfast."
I squint my eyes at him. How dare he defy me in my own house. I go to smack him, but he grabs my wrist. I try to smack him with the other hand, but he grabs that wrist as well. He pins my arms by my side and I try to get out of his grasp.
"Let me go, Michael!"
"Not until you stop trying to hit me!"
"Ok, I'll stop. Now, let me go."
I can read in his eyes that he doesn't believe me. I feel his grip loosen, but tighten again.
"Before I let you go, you got to let me do one thing."
"What's that?"
"Let me kiss you."
Has this man lost his mind? I have a boyfriend. Before I could answer, he gives me a gentle kiss on the lips. I would push him away, but I'm restricted at the moment. He pulls away, letting my wrist go.
"Big mistake." I say to him.
He looks in confusion. I give him a hard slap across the face. He rubs his cheek, stunned.
"What the-"
I grab the back of his head and roughly kiss his lips, cutting him off. Now I know what y'all thinking and I know what I said and did, but man oh man do I miss his soft lips. He responds back and places his hands on my hips. Michael then runs his hands down my sides and to the back of my thighs. In my mind, I see hands that aren't Michael's doing the same movement. Michael picks me up, and once again I see the same thing happening in my head. When I open my eyes, I immediately jump down out of his arms scared to death.
"Oh my God! Oh my God! Oh my God!" I said, hyperventilating.
"What's wrong?" He asked, walking toward me.
"Stay away from me!" I said, backing away. "This can't be happening! This can't be happening!"
I close my eyes tightly, hoping this isn't real.
"Giselle, tell me what's wrong?" Michael pleaded.
I open my eyes, seeing those beautiful brown irises. I place my hand over my chest and drop to the floor. The last thing I remember is Michael calling my name before darkness takes over.